7 members have voted

1. 1. How many teams will have a final score of 9 points or fewer

• 0 - no teams will score only 9 points or fewer
    • 1 team to score only 9 points or fewer
    • 2 teams to score only 9 points or fewer
    • 3 teams to score only 9 points or fewer
    • 4 teams or more to score only 9 points or fewer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/18 at 09:59

607265010_2018TippingCompR17.jpg.8f5a759d83ccfbeecff36ee4c217332f.jpg

WELCOME
This round kicks off on Thursday 5th July.
There's just 4 games to tip this coming weekend.
Everyone reading this is welcome to enter this weekly competition which runs throughout the season.
Entries are allowed each week up until the kick off of the first game in the round
ROUND 17 QUESTIONS:
1. Poll Competition: 
Our regular poll comp looks at a different aspect each week. This week it's
How many teams will have a final score of 9 points or fewer?
- enter in the poll itself at the top and put your answer in your posting. 
Now the main event of the week:
2. Match tipping Competition:
Name the 4 winning teams in NRL Round 17
3. Points Competition:
How many points will be scored by all the teams added together in R17?
This is a competition in itself and will act as a tie breaker for the match tipping comp if necessary. This is used as the decider when necessary so do give it a go.
4. Home Win Competition: 
How many HOME wins will there be in NRL R17?
In rounds where the game is on the road and played at a neutral venue, the team named first in the fixture will be regarded as the home team for the purposes of this competition.
Fixtures:

659157882_R17Fixtures.jpg.c7933dc42977a3c4ee17adde99ce871d.jpg

An animated award will be given for the winners of the competitions.
Match tipping scores will be added together as the season progresses to produce a Tipsters' Ladder which is pinned to the top of the forum topic list page

The best of luck to everyone. 
Enjoy your Rugby League!  

Graham  B)

Week 17: Good luck to one and all.

Poll 0: Home Wins: 2 Points 166

Winners: Storm, Warriors, Raiders,, Titans

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Poll  1

winners

Dragons

Warriors

Raiders

Broncos

homes 0

points 155

Thanks G good luck to you too, you'll need it 

You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if its late.

I'm not confident about any of my tips and I keep wanting to change them but I'm also not confident in the alternatives. The Titans actually score more points/game than the Broncos - only 0.1pt though - but they concede 2 points more, on average in 2018. Statistics suggest that this game should be a Broncos win 25-20 or a Titans win 22-20. Adding weight to this theory, the Titans won earlier this year 26-18 at Suncorp.

Recent form shows that last week the Horsies beat the 9th-placed team by 4 in a Broncos home game but the Titans beat the 10th-placed team in an away game by 18. Home ground advantage? The H/A splits this year tell us nothing. Titans have 3W/3L at home and Bronx have 4W/4L away.

I'll stick with the Titans, maybe, I guess, probably.

4 hours ago, Farmduck said:

I'm not confident about any of my tips and I keep wanting to change them but I'm also not confident in the alternatives. The Titans actually score more points/game than the Broncos - only 0.1pt though - but they concede 2 points more, on average in 2018. Statistics suggest that this game should be a Broncos win 25-20 or a Titans win 22-20. Adding weight to this theory, the Titans won earlier this year 26-18 at Suncorp.

Recent form shows that last week the Horsies beat the 9th-placed team by 4 in a Broncos home game but the Titans beat the 10th-placed team in an away game by 18. Home ground advantage? The H/A splits this year tell us nothing. Titans have 3W/3L at home and Bronx have 4W/4L away.

I'll stick with the Titans, maybe, I guess, probably.

Convincingly unconvincing perhaps

4 minutes ago, Graham said:

Convincingly unconvincing perhaps

I've made a decision to stop being so decisive. Or I will when I finally decide to.

Poll

Winners

Storm

Warriors

Raiders

Titans

Home

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

Congratulations to Storm Girl on her victory this week and congratulations to the minor prize winners 

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived