Halifax game

Michael Ashton

I'm surprised there is again no comment om todays match.

I think overall halifax proved  to strong for Barrow although the  score flattered Halifax. The score of 22-48 looks a heavy defeat but was fairly close until some errors in the last 20 minutes. We scored 4 tries and think Shane Toall scored a hattrick. As happened last week all the bottom 8 sides were beaten by teams above the bottom except Swinton who beat Dewsbury 29-28. The gate was 1293 and included quite a large number of Halifax supporters.

The lads tried hard, no shortage of effort on a very hot day but Fax had quicker half backs, more pace in the the three quarters and were a good team. Didn't help that the ref seemed to favour them in the first half.

Fax deserved the win but the margin flattered them a little.

Shipbuilider01.png

The referee was Liam Staveley and the penalty count was 5 against 9.

I totally disagree that Barrow were clueless. They were beaten by a  faster and more skilful side which is borne out by the league table but we could have pinched the victory in the last 15 to 20 minutes but for some very unfortunate errors. At times Halifax handling was very poor but they did deserve to win. As I said earlier the score flattered them.

Archived