TRL Helpdesk: No iron shirts

Just something I was thinking about this morning:  I get most of my shirts from M&S, most of them have a "no iron" label on them but I iron them every time.  Does anyone actually not iron these shirts?  If you don't, do you not look like a crumpled crisp bag?

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

35 minutes ago, ckn said:

Just something I was thinking about this morning:  I get most of my shirts from M&S, most of them have a "no iron" label on them but I iron them every time.  Does anyone actually not iron these shirts?  If you don't, do you not look like a crumpled crisp bag?

Depends on the shirt. A formal shirt, for a job interview, I would iron straight out of the packaging. Or at very least the front part which is visible behind the jacket and tie. For a less formal shirt, I'd look at how it appears after washing and hanging.

Plus I have a few linen shirts for hot weather, which crumple and crease almost immediately, whether you've ironed them or not.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don't wear formal shirts very often anymore.

However, used to always buy non iron shirts from M&S.  Never once ironed them.  Either drip dry or a quick whizz round in the tumble dryer.

Always looked the very epitome of swish.

Mind you, my colleagues always used to say that I got dressed in the dark.

I iron my non-iron shirts (non M&S). I could probably get away without if dried indoors on a hanger, but they do look better once the iron has been run over them. Easier to do them though. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

16 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Easier to do them though.  

This I find is the main benefit of non iron - they need a going over if you have anything important on, but they don't take half as long to iron as some of the crinkly regular shirts which end up going into a sort of Brad Dwyer rotation of only being picked in desperation.

Archived