South west rl

There is no premier division.  This year started with 12 clubs in 3 pools of 4.  Idea was top 2 from each pool into super 6s and the 2 bottom teams in each pool into the plate 6s.  In each latter group of 6, play each other once with top 4 into semi finals of league and plate., then final.  Two teams withdrew during season, so 6s have become 5s, but with same conclusions. 

All of the above refer to the West of England League, which for some historical reason sits on the South West section of the RFL website.

That's the problem with the RFL website I mentioned above.  There is a South west league, as you say called a premier division, based in Devon and Cornwall.  There is also the West of England League I described in my first reply.  Two totally separate competitions, not linked at all, apart from winners of both due to play each other in the Harry Jepson cup play off game, before teams from other regions enter.  Confusion understandable.  I have had players asking how to register this season, as West of England League not shown on drop down box for registration purposes, despite playing in W.o.E. League, our players register to South West...

Harry Jepson is a club competition again this season, though I believe that representative games will take place also.

Archived