Match Thread: Halifax v Featherstone Rovers Sunday 8th July 2018

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MC Wont be happy to not getting half a million in his bank but I remember a few years ago we had to win our last four games and we did .We have three to win and its an easy one away at Swinton, London at home which is possible and Toronto away with the possibility of them resting players. I know its doom and gloom at the moment but we are still in with a chance.

8 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

MC Wont be happy to not getting half a million in his bank but I remember a few years ago we had to win our last four games and we did .We have three to win and its an easy one away at Swinton, London at home which is possible and Toronto away with the possibility of them resting players. I know its doom and gloom at the moment but we are still in with a chance.

It’s a good post this . At this moment it doesn’t look good we were poor today and naturally against good teams that’s no good let’s not kid ourselves I don’t want to go in to qualifiers and get beat up every week that’s no good to me as a fan . I want to go in with some sort of hope we can do ourselves justice we now have three games to make or break our season we need to win them all do that and we will be in good shape for what’s ahead . If we slip up then I’m afraid we have to accept we were not good enough this time as disappointing as that is to take ( and trust me it hurts) that’s the truth so let’s try and be positive these last three games 

46 minutes ago, ROVERS FOREVER said:

Can't expect fans to show up on half arsed performances. Circumstances were exactly same for both teams, no excuse. End of the season now for me. We're not good enough. 

Just maybe our players were busy celebrating the footy result last night whereas fax were early to bed preparing for this big game never did understand why we let sharp go need a full back well actually need some forwards some backs and some reserves preferably not too long in the teeth.

42 minutes ago, haskey said:

Season over in early July.Cant win every match but to be completely clueless and lacking heart and desire stinks.

Hey, don't forget the Championship Plate - still got a chance of silverware.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well the record had to go one day but what a completely inept performance to lose it in

Too many with no clue, too many plodders today - half backs found out, thoroughly outthought and out fought by fax today, an overall horror show

Up against it now, rabbits are now required to be pulled out of the hat

But heres to the next 10 year winning stint at the shay

Fax are a solid and well coached team who do the basic stuff well. They are not flashy but very difficult to break down. So our tactics were let's drive down the middle. We hardly ever completed a set and the writing was on the wall when we were camped in their half for the first fifteen minutes without reward and the first time they enter our twenty the end result was inevitable. They scoreline flattered Fev.

Come on OXY tell us like you have been doing all week how good your team Fax are.You were right saying teamwork would win it for you. Every time we play against good teams our half backs are second best we couldn't break an egg never mind a defence.Poor all over the field today against a solid Fax side who wanted it more.Our players must be getting too much money as i reckon we have at least a 100g bigger budget,and they can run a reserve side.Dual reg wants kicking into touch lets build the team spirit up again and pride in the shirt.Campbells's plan to go with a small squad has backfired and if we did get into the middle eights by some miracle the attendances will be well down on expected.I can see this result today costing Fev up to 200 season tickets next season.Well done Fax you made us look average at best.

I know it sounds like sour grapes but i thought the ref was terrible. However the best team on the day won. We were totally out played and looked clueless in attack. I'm afraid our season was over when we lost Ridyard and Holmes. 

27 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

What do you get out of coming on here and gloating at our downfalls continually when I for one and many others on here never go on your site every time you lose which is often to stick the boot in .Is it power, a sense of well-being, fun I don’t know.Well done take a bow what a decent chap you are .

This is how it is ,the best Team on the day won.All the big hitters in our expensively assembled Team apart from Riddy and Holmes need to realise now that they aren’t good enough.Nobody has died we move on .Whatever happens I will be turning up next season at our first home match.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

What a dip stick we’ve smashed you lot regularly pal you will never compete for top four and our season ain’t over yet , yours was before it even began ... off you go sunshine!

2 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

What do you get out of coming on here and gloating at our downfalls continually when I for one and many others on here never go on your site every time you lose which is often to stick the boot in .Is it power, a sense of well-being, fun I don’t know.Well done take a bow what a decent chap you are .

If you went on their site every time they lost you wouldnt get chance to comment on Fev games. :)

3 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Duffy - boot?

Judging by fevs past coaches history Duffy should be on his way within the next 12 months only powell lasted they usually get the boot within 2 years give or take a year.

2 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Come on OXY tell us like you have been doing all week how good your team Fax are.You were right saying teamwork would win it for you. Every time we play against good teams our half backs are second best we couldn't break an egg never mind a defence.Poor all over the field today against a solid Fax side who wanted it more.Our players must be getting too much money as i reckon we have at least a 100g bigger budget,and they can run a reserve side.Dual reg wants kicking into touch lets build the team spirit up again and pride in the shirt.Campbells's plan to go with a small squad has backfired and if we did get into the middle eights by some miracle the attendances will be well down on expected.I can see this result today costing Fev up to 200 season tickets next season.Well done Fax you made us look average at best.

Theres no point me trying to rub it in as I can imagine the hurt if the result had been reversed. I think you are bang on with teamwork though, we do have some very good players but they also fight for each other, they lose a game and miss out on the top 4 it could mean that they don't get to play with their mates next year. It looks to me some Fev players lose and it won't really matter as they will pick up a pay cheque somewhere else.

There were a point in the game where we had the first water break and to be fair it had been all Fev and we had defended set after set but our players must have looked at their Fev counterparts struggling to get air in their lungs and they knew they were in with a great shout.

I said before you would breeze in to the top 4 with your 1st choice half backs and not team in the top 4 could handle that so to even be in with a shout you obviously have a good team. I just think you have too many people living of their reps rather than players fighting for every tackle and every point. 

This has been coming for weeks, not good enough against the better teams. Lack of pace in the backs and too many forwards who couldn't bust there way out of a paper bag. The only time some of them show any urgency is when a scrap breaks out to join in. Duffy needs to stop showing loyalty to mediocre players. Time and games running out for him, he seems to lose the tactical battle against good opposition, he has had more money to spend than a lot of our previous Coaches, but be honest, are we any better?

On another entry I have said we can still qualify. It is now up to Duffy to coach us to win at least two of the remaining  gamers and increase substantially the FA. It is over 60 better than Leigh at the moment lets makes their target over 100,

3 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Actually quite a few of your fans like to have a dig at Batley and Dewsbury.Hey that's life it's called banter.

Personally I hope you can still make top 4 although it might be a bit difficult now.

If you make top four and Leigh don't I will happily wash the yellow paint off Robin's nether regions.

Good luck

cant wait for highlights clips to come out as it must a been one hell of a game, when you looked down the team lineups they look very strong and full of talant and strength. i think the difference people dont always take into account his marshall is one hell of a coach.

ps, forget yellow paint i doubt you will need it fellas. crack on wi job.:bb:

well sh!t me, fax won a fev derby at home (not a derby in the 'traditional sense' but it's THE championship derby imo) obvs happy with result.

wanna give a shout out to the fev fans that made the trip to fax and made it a real occasion. result aside, hope you enjoyed your summer afternoon out in halifax and at the shay. i'm sure we'll see each other again this season. 

Archived