Qualifiers...here we go!!!!!!!!

Krzzystuff

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only team I think may give us trouble is Toulouse, they play a similar type of Rugby and if we got complacent with a decent lead they could pull the kind of late 2nd half surprises that troubled us in the two games we played against them. Looks like we will get them at Lamport which would be great

Competitive games are definitely coming.

I like this format. You don't just have to prove you're better than everyone in the Championship, you have to prove you're better than the SL team(s) you're replacing in order to be promoted.

Based on the last three years, 5 wins has been needed to finish top three. 4 wins has meant the Million Pound Game (not necessarily at home).

This is the first time TWP will play seven consecutive teams of similar or better quality. First meaningful games at Lamport as well. 

It won't be easy but it should be a lot of fun. I can't wait. 

What do you think will happen if you're still in the Championship next season?

Team Pt 22 23 Tot Diff
1 Toronto 39 2 2 43 468
2 Toulouse 31 0 2 33 439
3 Halifax 29 2 2 33 190
4 Featherstone 30 2 0 32 388
5 Leigh 28 2 2 32 291
6 London 29 0 2 31 411

R 22 Fev v London
    Fax v Toulouse
  R 23 Toronto v Fev

Toulouse can afford to lose to Halifax and still qualify on points differential. Featherstone has two big games against quality opposition. Leigh can only hope  they lose both or get hammered by the TWP to go through on points diff. London have to win both games. Nail biting stuff.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

18 hours ago, TMF said:

What do you think will happen if you're still in the Championship next season?

As others have said it won't be the end of the world for us, we have a 5 year plan for SL and are only in year 2. We might even have a bit more game time for Quinn and Boroughs perhaps? Also with winning the league with 4 games to go in our first pop at the division with our horehounds pre-season i would be very confident of us winning the league next year and getting promoted via the new proposed system or via the qualifiers after this years experience.

The club with the most on the line in all of this is Leigh because if they don't make top 4 then DJB has said multiple times he can't foot the wage bill and will have to sell players, all the eggs are in the top 4 baskets at the moment.

20 hours ago, RayCee said:
  Team Pt 22 23 Tot Diff
1 Toronto 39 2 2 43 468
2 Toulouse 31 0 2 33 439
3 Halifax 29 2 2 33 190
4 Featherstone 30 2 0 32 388
5 Leigh 28 2 2 32 291
6 London 29 0 2 31 411

R 22 Fev v London
    Fax v Toulouse
  R 23 Toronto v Fev

Toulouse can afford to lose to Halifax and still qualify on points differential. Featherstone has two big games against quality opposition. Leigh can only hope  they lose both or get hammered by the TWP to go through on points diff. London have to win both games. Nail biting stuff.

I think RayCee you need to revise your table, or whoever put that together? You have the points right but not the positions. I do agree also that Leigh could be in big trouble if they don't make top four.  My honest view, and no disrespect, is you won't make it this season but for sure next season you will. Hence my original question and I do take the point about the five year plan. Good luck anyway.

2 hours ago, TMF said:

I think RayCee you need to revise your table, or whoever put that together? You have the points right but not the positions. I do agree also that Leigh could be in big trouble if they don't make top four.  My honest view, and no disrespect, is you won't make it this season but for sure next season you will. Hence my original question and I do take the point about the five year plan. Good luck anyway.

TMF I can't find anything wrong with the list. Under the columns 22 and 23 are predicted points yet to be earned. How they go will affect the final standings. That is why the standings on the list are different to what they are currently. If anyone can point out an error, I would fix it. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

On 7/6/2018 at 11:33 AM, Krzzystuff said:

I think that TWP likes having the home games on Canada day so I don't expect them working with the RFL to get that one moved.

I agree and I personally don't mind that one weekend having a game. 

Hi RayCee and Canuck, no arguments guys. It's just the BBC web had positions different, but that doesn't matter and I agree another year in the Championship isn't the worst thing. I just think you won't make it to SL this season in one word...experience. It's what will let you down if you make it to the big game. However, you will learn so much from this season and I think your board and coaching staff will prepare you well for next season's trials. We played Toulouse yesterday and they were awesome. However, I don't think they will make SL either. But like I say, good luck.

9 minutes ago, TMF said:

Hi RayCee and Canuck, no arguments guys. It's just the BBC web had positions different, but that doesn't matter and I agree another year in the Championship isn't the worst thing. I just think you won't make it to SL this season in one word...experience. It's what will let you down if you make it to the big game. However, you will learn so much from this season and I think your board and coaching staff will prepare you well for next season's trials. We played Toulouse yesterday and they were awesome. However, I don't think they will make SL either. But like I say, good luck.

It's the thrill of the chase though isn't it. We have a chance of making it and that's all that matters  as a fan right?

It is and it does.

1 hour ago, TMF said:

I'm just really excited for how competitive the 8s will be and seeing how we'd perform in SL. It's going to be fun!

On 7/15/2018 at 9:18 AM, RobertAM said:

The only team I think may give us trouble is Toulouse, they play a similar type of Rugby and if we got complacent with a decent lead they could pull the kind of late 2nd half surprises that troubled us in the two games we played against them. Looks like we will get them at Lamport which would be great

If Toulouse comes over they'll need to find someone who can sing La Marseillaise.  That would be a good occasion to have O Canada sung in the original French too.

My good friend Danielle the originator of "sex on legs" (Liam Kay signed her shirt with that at her request) has volunteered - says she thinks she knows it well enough to pull it off...

2 hours ago, Big Picture said:

If Toulouse comes over they'll need to find someone who can sing La Marseillaise.  That would be a good occasion to have O Canada sung in the original French too.

Is Celine Dion available??

Looking like Hull KR and  Widens will the be SL teams to visit the Den...likely going to watch Toulouse if they are an option vs. the SL teams. Also very likely that Leeds will be in the qualifiers with Huddersfield winning at the moment vs. Cas!!!!

Kman have you got a whif of that Rhino scent in the air? 

4 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Looking like Hull KR and  Widens will the be SL teams to visit the Den...likely going to watch Toulouse if they are an option vs. the SL teams. Also very likely that Leeds will be in the qualifiers with Huddersfield winning at the moment vs. Cas!!!!

Kman have you got a whif of that Rhino scent in the air? 

Just got back in from the Bush...all kinds of interesting scents out there....Rhino....even caught a whiff of Viking out there like in L'Anse Aux Meadows in the old days!  Think I saw this giant on the horizon but he only turned out to be a big rock.

Archived