Qualifiers...here we go!!!!!!!!

Krzzystuff

8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Just got back in from the Bush...all kinds of interesting scents out there....Rhino....even caught a whiff of Viking out there like in L'Anse Aux Meadows in the old days!  Think I saw this giant on the horizon but he only turned out to be a big rock.

Were the natives getting restless?

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, RayCee said:

Were the natives getting restless?

3 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Didn't really see any natives other than black and deer flies, along with mosquitoes!

I was thinking of the WP fans getting restless about the qualifiers coming up. Two years of getting to this point and seven very important games. Exciting stuff, but maybe a little apprehension?

The little critters you encountered don’t sound too nice at all. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

13 minutes ago, RayCee said:

I was thinking of the WP fans getting restless about the qualifiers coming up. Two years of getting to this point and seven very important games. Exciting stuff, but maybe a little apprehension?

The little critters you encountered don’t sound too nice at all. 

Rochdale today...one game at a time.  Feeling on the ground here is one of patience and the long home stand has become a test of that.  Press coverage is slow but will pick up after today before the game next week and the playoffs.  People are excited, but Hey if it doesn't work out this year it will next, or the year after.  We will get there...it is our destiny!  We are in it to win it.

Ahh.... those little critters are pesky (like some posters always at me on the forum) but nothing a slap or dose of Muskol won't take care of.  Everything works out in the end.....one way or another.  Heading down to the game now, hoping for a close one.

image.png.801e358b8d4c01edb9c1cb97ad322a92.png

2pts to go!

I think it's fair to say that Toulouse and Halifax are save now. Can Barrow upset London next week? The only hope left for Leigh (or Fev if they can beat Toronto, or if Toronto lose on purpose, a very English thing to do...)

image.png.2728ae12fd31b25bc3073e6b213cfcc4.png

All over here. It's gonna be:

Leeds - TWP

TWP - Hull KR

Salford - TWP

TWP - Widnes

Barring any major upsets:

Away to:

• Halifax
  • Leeds
  • Salford

Home to:

• Toulouse
  • London
  • Hull KR
  • Widnes

To give teams more time for teams to process visas, I would image starting off with an away game and then London coming to the Den first (as they already have their visas).

2 hours ago, ojx said:

Away to:

• Halifax
  • Leeds
  • Salford

Home to:

• Toulouse
  • London
  • Hull KR
  • Widnes

To give teams more time for teams to process visas, I would image starting off with an away game and then London coming to the Den first (as they already have their visas).

My dream of playing the Rhinos and winning this year at Lamport is shattered.....Oh well, always next year!

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

My dream of playing the Rhinos and winning this year at Lamport is shattered.....Oh well, always next year!

Maybe Kman but at least the ‘Pack get to try and bring down the Rhino. Do they have the scent of the pachyderm in their nostrils?

rldfsignature.jpg

2 minutes ago, NickWeaver said:

Did anyone watch the Rochdale match on TV? My dad did and said that the commentators mentioned that all the 8's home games would be 1:30 KO.

I hope not. This would be almost impossible for me to arrive that early coming from Montreal by coach... But that's just selfish me.

Maybe a request from Sky and/or Sportsnet?

28 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Maybe Kman but at least the ‘Pack get to try and bring down the Rhino. Do they have the scent of the pachyderm in their nostrils?

Right now we are concentrating on Featherstone...one game at a time.  But just think it...we have not had Vikings in Canadian Taiga for 1000 years...i don't think they will enjoy their return visit!  The Pack is ready!

Just now, manu266 said:

I hope not. This would be almost impossible for me to arrive that early coming from Montreal by coach... But that's just selfish me.

Maybe a request from Sky and/or Sportsnet?

Game next week is 1:30 I'm pretty sure....wife confirms and she is usually right about these things.  I can see them running the 1:30 games to co ordinate with Sky (or some other higher authority).

10 minutes ago, NickWeaver said:

Did anyone watch the Rochdale match on TV? My dad did and said that the commentators mentioned that all the 8's home games would be 1:30 KO.

43 minutes ago, Copa said:

Toronto really needs to focus on discipline when playing against SL teams full of pro players. A rush of blood to the head is enough to change the result in a game.

The Coach will keep the boys calm and in check...Rowley knows what he is doing.  Was really good to have the brain fart earlier in the season vs. Warrington.  We are ready, the fans are eager.

15 hours ago, ojx said:

Away to:

• Halifax
  • Leeds
  • Salford

Home to:

• Toulouse
  • London
  • Hull KR
  • Widnes

My first thoughts would be that TWP will lose to Leeds and Headingley,  Hull KR at Lamport will be close and Salford away could be tricky. The rest I would make Wolfpack the favorites although some are pretty tough to call. Overall I reckon anywhere between 2nd and 4th in the middle 8's.

I'm going make a prediction of.

1. Leeds

2. Hull KR

3. Toronto

4. Salford

5. Toulouse

6. London

7. Widnes

8. Halifax

4 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

You don’t think TWP will win at Halifax? I can see them beating Salford too if the get their discipline sorted.

No. You underestimate the effect of all the travelling you'll have to do. Plus you've been playing teams by and large  that are beaten before they run out. Over here it'll be for real.

21 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

No. You underestimate the effect of all the travelling you'll have to do. Plus you've been playing teams by and large  that are beaten before they run out. Over here it'll be for real.

They beat Halifax 20-6 at Halifax a few months ago. We don't know what travelling will be involved yet. It might be the first game or TWP might have just had a game in England while Halifax are on their way back from France.

2 minutes ago, fevtom said:

They beat Halifax 20-6 at Halifax a few months ago. We don't know what travelling will be involved yet. It might be the first game or TWP might have just had a game in England while Halifax are on their way back from France.

That was when they were based in the UK. This will be different. They hammered Hornets on Saturday in Canada yet in the fixture at Rochdale they were very, very lucky to win.

We'll see anyway. I still say I'd be surprised if they win any of the away games. Unless they are given special dispensation to play those in a block as well !

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

And then you woke up.

Oh Ye of little faith!  You are about to see a display of rugby the likes that has been witnessed for years over there.

"Prepare For The Full Pack Attack!"

Archived