Qualifiers...here we go!!!!!!!!

Krzzystuff

1 hour ago, manu266 said:

image.png.cfedd004efe8ad3dba1aeddb749d566d.png

Its time to open it up and run 'em down boys.....after next week it is SHOWTIME...they said it would never happen in so quick a time...look around.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, manu266 said:

image.png.cfedd004efe8ad3dba1aeddb749d566d.png

So if TWP's first game is in Toronto, the visitors have, at most, just over 2 weeks to get everything sorted out before they need to get on  plane. It is do-able, but given the logistics involved, I would not be surprise if TWP are in the UK for the opening weekend as they have work permits etc. already in place.

13 minutes ago, Medway Bear said:

So if TWP's first game is in Toronto, the visitors have, at most, just over 2 weeks to get everything sorted out before they need to get on  plane. It is do-able, but given the logistics involved, I would not be surprise if TWP are in the UK for the opening weekend as they have work permits etc. already in place.

SL teams should have been off & running well before today. This visa issue isn't new but some RFL teams keep getting caught on the hop. And I'm sure Air Transat are big enough boys and girls that they can cope with the bookings.

Last week, Rochdale Hornets brought a full team to Toronto with no wingeing. According to Alan Kilshaw, they planned ahead.

alan kilshaw.JPG

36 minutes ago, Loup said:

SL teams should have been off & running well before today. This visa issue isn't new but some RFL teams keep getting caught on the hop. And I'm sure Air Transat are big enough boys and girls that they can cope with the bookings.

Last week, Rochdale Hornets brought a full team to Toronto with no wingeing. According to Alan Kilshaw, they planned ahead.

alan kilshaw.JPG

Great to hear Rochdale sorted things out successfully.

I would hope SL teams started the process early and the Championship teams did as well if they did not travel over during the season, but I would think there is more to the process than just travel documents and jumping on a plane.

17 minutes ago, Medway Bear said:

I would hope SL teams started the process early and the Championship teams did as well if they did not travel over during the season, but I would think there is more to the process than just travel documents and jumping on a plane.

No thats it....fill out a form (honestly).  Get on the plane,  Nothing to it.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

There is another thread going on the main forum that they are in talk with the Canadian High Commission to make it easier for the naughty boys in the RFL to travel to Canada.

If the Brits just did what they said this wouldn't be an issue...weren't all the convicts supposed to be sent off to Oz?

Politicians travel constantly and they're the biggest crooks in the world...rugby players are choir boys in comparison...but good to see someone in authority saw sense. Full teams please..we will handle them...

2 hours ago, Medway Bear said:

Still didn't go according to plan, we had players getting there a day later because there were issues. So when players and fans complain it is a legitimate thing.

I hope you go up because this year in the championship has been really interesting 1 point separates 2nd form 6th its a shame one team has ran away with it.

I have a couple of questions for TWP fans,

Some of them on the forum talked about how the RFL can't stop them form going up because of fan base or money are they aware of how the competition is run?. 

What happens if you don't go up?

If you do are you prepared for a life much like Catalans? 

11 minutes ago, The Lad said:

Still didn't go according to plan, we had players getting there a day later because there were issues. So when players and fans complain it is a legitimate thing.

I hope you go up because this year in the championship has been really interesting 1 point separates 2nd form 6th its a shame one team has ran away with it.

I have a couple of questions for TWP fans,

Some of them on the forum talked about how the RFL can't stop them form going up because of fan base or money are they aware of how the competition is run?. 

What happens if you don't go up?

If you do are you prepared for a life much like Catalans? 

if we don't go up because we didn't make top 4 then we give it another go next year. 

I'm not sure what lief the Catalans have....sunshine, beaches and good food and wine i imagine so yeah...we're good with that. I would say we make top 4 next year for sure, winning the whole thing might be a bit of a stretch but definitely on the table. We have the money, we have the sparkle that attracts the best players and we have the backroom staff that will make us an immediate success. I think jaws will drop next year when we're in the spotlight and show what we can really do.

24 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

if we don't go up because we didn't make top 4 then we give it another go next year. 

I'm not sure what lief the Catalans have....sunshine, beaches and good food and wine i imagine so yeah...we're good with that. I would say we make top 4 next year for sure, winning the whole thing might be a bit of a stretch but definitely on the table. We have the money, we have the sparkle that attracts the best players and we have the backroom staff that will make us an immediate success. I think jaws will drop next year when we're in the spotlight and show what we can really do.

What I mean by a life like Catalans, great home record poor away record and as the years go by the home record fades but the away record never gets better and after 3 or 4 years in mid table you find yourself scraping for survival. (I am aware that this year is going well for them(but only because they had to overcome the terrible start))

Best players? backroom staff?, all ex Leigh players who couldn't make it in the Leigh squad when they went into super league or ex NRl "stars" with no legs left. A coach like Paul Rowley who only knows two things decent rugby and horrible discipline, have you seen Leigh centurions when he coached them, tip tackles and punches now when did I see that this year?  on the BBC chellange cup Sixth Round at Warrington maybe?

Your players are not good enough for super league look at your key players how many have super league games under their belt, Ryan Brierley 1 year, Liam Kay never, Jonny Pownall never, Jacob Emmitt 2 years off and on, Cory Paterson one year, Ashton Sims losts but getting on, Jacob Emmitt 2 years, and have you ever thought why they chose to leave super league?.

I hope you go up because you are to good for this league but you will not do well in super league if you don't drastically change players and backroom.

4 minutes ago, The Lad said:

What I mean by a life like Catalans, great home record poor away record and as the years go by the home record fades but the away record never gets better and after 3 or 4 years in mid table you find yourself scraping for survival. (I am aware that this year is going well for them(but only because they had to overcome the terrible start))

Best players? backroom staff?, all ex Leigh players who couldn't make it in the Leigh squad when they went into super league or ex NRl "stars" with no legs left. A coach like Paul Rowley who only knows two things decent rugby and horrible discipline, have you seen Leigh centurions when he coached them, tip tackles and punches now when did I see that this year?  on the BBC chellange cup Sixth Round at Warrington maybe?

Your players are not good enough for super league look at your key players how many have super league games under their belt, Ryan Brierley 1 year, Liam Kay never, Jonny Pownall never, Jacob Emmitt 2 years off and on, Cory Paterson one year, Ashton Sims losts but getting on, Jacob Emmitt 2 years, and have you ever thought why they chose to leave super league?.

Funny how those washed up Leigh rejects kicked the new and improved SL quality Leighs ass 3 times this year.

You honestly don't think that we will be singing a bunch of new players once in SL? if it comes down to Rowley not being the man for the job a new coach will come in, so far he hasn't done a bad job ha;s he?

What makes you think our away form will be bad? if anything our team is the one most used to playing away form home so our good form just gets great at home.

I'm sorry that us being successful, well run and supported well is a problem for you...but this is just the way it is.

Looking forward to lifting that SL trophy and bringing it home.

Your obvious jealousy is clear for everyone to see mate, just leave it be.

19 minutes ago, The Lad said:

I hope you go up because you are to good for this league but you will not do well in super league if you don't drastically change players and backroom.

We'll take the Catalan climate, wine also.  The women there are are very kind and accepting and the food... well anyone that has been to France knows the food is far superior than in Canada so we will take all the booze, food, most of the women and climate, Oh ya, we'll take the money too!....you folks in Leigh can have the rest of what is left...don't say we don't share!

SL Championship or Challenge Cup or both in Toronto within 3 years......like taking candy from a baby.

25 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Funny how those washed up Leigh rejects kicked the new and improved SL quality Leighs ass 3 times this year.

You honestly don't think that we will be singing a bunch of new players once in SL? if it comes down to Rowley not being the man for the job a new coach will come in, so far he hasn't done a bad job ha;s he?

What makes you think our away form will be bad? if anything our team is the one most used to playing away form home so our good form just gets great at home.

I'm sorry that us being successful, well run and supported well is a problem for you...but this is just the way it is.

Looking forward to lifting that SL trophy and bringing it home.

Your obvious jealousy is clear for everyone to see mate, just leave it be.

Different Leigh side that was in supper league and no it wasn't because your lads weren't there.

The only super league sides you have played you have lost to.

I have no problem with success we where league 1 champions the year before you, good on you.

I hope you do lift the trophy because it would mean this was worth it.

3 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Assuming you have the paperwork done, there is more to it than just turning up to the airport and getting on a plane. Part time players need days off work for a start. Flights booked on the required days, airport transportation, hotels, kit to ship, support start to get sorted out. I have never done this sort of thing, but I imagine there are logistics involved. Not major things but they all add up and the quicker you have to do it the more chance for mistakes and you can't get someone to pop back over the pond and get stuff. Easiest thing would be to make TWP travel and get opponent sorted out later.

Boy oh boy, I'm going to enjoying listening to a lot of blabbermouths eating humble pie next year..definitely we won't have it all our own way as was the case in L1 and for most of this year but I have every confidence we will do well. Remember the deal was we play thru the system and I think we have done what was asked of us. Where do I think we stand in relation to SL clubs? -  middle of the pack ie position 6 or maybe even 5. I saw some splendid play at Magic this year but I also saw a few teams I think we could take  right now and come the qualies we will. Not boasting, just confident. Certainly in the Challenge cup we lost the plot and deserved to get clobbered but when we are disciplined and healthy, well my prediction is as above. 

13 minutes ago, Medway Bear said:

Assuming you have the paperwork done, there is more to it than just turning up to the airport and getting on a plane. Part time players need days off work for a start. Flights booked on the required days, airport transportation, hotels, kit to ship, support start to get sorted out. I have never done this sort of thing, but I imagine there are logistics involved. Not major things but they all add up and the quicker you have to do it the more chance for mistakes and you can't get someone to pop back over the pond and get stuff. Easiest thing would be to make TWP travel and get opponent sorted out later.

This is the nature of traveling using air travel...thousands of people are in the air right now...many belonging to various clubs and teams....it has been done a thousand fold.  If you are part of a group you can call ahead to have the thing streamlined and some people hire someone like a travel agency to set it up.  There are some, sounds like yourself , who have a great fear of flying and would never step on a plane...I don't have a solution for that.  All the other stuff is minor; it is nothing...

Some people like to travel and go to new places and all that that entails....others prefer to stay home.....no big deal either way. 

I just googled the year Super Rugby admitted South African teams. 1993!!! They"ve been doing transcontinental rugby since 1993 down there. Why on earth is it that complicated for English people to come over here?

8 minutes ago, manu266 said:

I just googled the year Super Rugby admitted South African teams. 1993!!! They"ve been doing transcontinental rugby since 1993 down there. Why on earth is it that complicated for English people to come over here?

It isn't...after my family emigrated we had legions of them trundling over every year, grannies and grandads, aunts and uncles, cousins..even people i am not sure to this day that we were actually related to.....it's only a headache  if you make it so and like complaining...

22 minutes ago, manu266 said:

When they went in the League they had a team that had hot tubs installed in the end zone full of bathing suit model beauties...sometimes a stray kick would land in there...she was quite a show.  You had a guy trying to kick a convert while these beautiful  girls were in front of him sponging each other and drinking  cold beers!

If TWP is looking at this I volunteer to be the first guy to join them gals in the hot tub. I want my sacrifice of having my name first on the list for males to be noted please...I'm all for inclusion.

Rugby teams have been traveling well....since the start of rugby teams?

31 minutes ago, manu266 said:

Totally agree.  I'm quite flabbergasted.  Someone posted once that when Dewsbury folks go across the valley to Batley they get a nose bleed.....and vice versa.  I thought they were joking.  Now I'm wondering............   Obviously when England.......Drake, Raleigh, Cook, Livingstone et al were colonizing a fair old chunk of Mother Earth, they were Southern Lads, not from Yorkshire or Lancashire.

13 minutes ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Totally agree.  I'm quite flabbergasted.  Someone posted once that when Dewsbury folks go across the valley to Batley they get a nose bleed.....and vice versa.  I thought they were joking.  Now I'm wondering............   Obviously when England.......Drake, Raleigh, Cook, Livingstone et al were colonizing a fair old chunk of Mother Earth, they were Southern Lads, not from Yorkshire or Lancashire.

hey this Yorkshire lad has been all over the world in a 35+ yr career in shipping..no nosebleeds at all...

58 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

This is the nature of traveling using air travel...thousands of people are in the air right now...many belonging to various clubs and teams....it has been done a thousand fold.  If you are part of a group you can call ahead to have the thing streamlined and some people hire someone like a travel agency to set it up.  There are some, sounds like yourself , who have a great fear of flying and would never step on a plane...I don't have a solution for that.  All the other stuff is minor; it is nothing...

Some people like to travel and go to new places and all that that entails....others prefer to stay home.....no big deal either way.

Do I like flying ? No. Do I fly? Only in planes!! Tried flapping my arms and couldn't get off the ground. I think I have a power to weight ratio issue.

I have little or no idea what goes into moving teams around at short notice. Sure it can be done and will be, but I just think some teams might want a bit more time to get their stuff together. TWP knows they have to go to the UK. They have done it before last season for the playoffs. Get it over with when there is a travel week.

12 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Aston Sims co hosting on CTV the Social live right now.

Oh My God...Sims is doing Okay and the women seem to love him in the audience but that man needs to use an anti perspirant!!!!   Is anyone else watching this live?....its hilarious, he trying his best to hide the sweat spots its comical but he seems to be taking it well....anti perspirant next time Sims!  Especially when you are surrounding yourself with four beauties all done up to the nines....these Australians.... can't take them out anywhere.

17 minutes ago, Medway Bear said:

Do I like flying ? No. Do I fly? Only in planes!! Tried flapping my arms and couldn't get off the ground. I think I have a power to weight ratio issue.

I have little or no idea what goes into moving teams around at short notice. Sure it can be done and will be, but I just think some teams might want a bit more time to get their stuff together. TWP knows they have to go to the UK. They have done it before last season for the playoffs. Get it over with when there is a travel week.

Whatever they want at HQ....flying is no problem.  We do what we are told.

Archived