Statement by CEO Andy Moulsdale following the Hunslet game

gogledd

STATEMENT: North Wales Crusders CEO Andy Moulsdale has called on the Rugby Football League to review the decision of the last minute drop-goal awarded to Hunslet during Sunday’s match which had clearly fallen 3-4 feet beneath the bar.

The drop-goal meant that Hunslet came away with a 19-18 victory from the Queensway Stadium.

Moulsdale said: “We feel as a club that we owe it to the game as a whole, our fans and especially our players to call on the RFL to review the incident.

“The result has not only had an effect on ourselves but also on the race for the play-off places.

“I've been involved with rugby league a long time and I understand that referees have a very difficult job, certain decisions are open to interpretation and opinions and are they are never going to get everything right.

“However, what was witnessed on Sunday is not open to interpretation. People will argue that games are won on lost on calls every week which they are and always will be. But the magnitude of this incident is completely different in my opinion.

“This is in no way anything against Hunslet and their fans who where as bemused as us about the situation, but we have to protect our club and the game.”

We are urging North Wales Crusaders Supporters to support Andy. Repost this message on Facebook and share the video which clearly shows the ball dropping below the bar.

Lets hope we can get the RFL to reconsider the result and call it a draw which it should have been.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you get anywhere with this ?

Cannot believe that with such clear evidence they could deny awarding the game as a draw.There again this is the RFL we are talking about and they wonder why people are walking away from our great game in their droves.While your CEO says this is not against Hunslet or there supporters surely the player taking the drop goal knew it was way under and could have held his hands up to the Ref and said so.

On 7/24/2018 at 5:30 PM, Cumberland Sausage said:

Did you get anywhere with this ?

Cannot believe that with such clear evidence they could deny awarding the game as a draw.There again this is the RFL we are talking about and they wonder why people are walking away from our great game in their droves.While your CEO says this is not against Hunslet or there supporters surely the player taking the drop goal knew it was way under and could have held his hands up to the Ref and said so.

Not really. Ganson saw the evidence and admitted the ref got it wrong....BUT then quoted the laws fo the game which says the refs decision is final and so the result stands.

Worse than that the head of referees told our CEO that "we wouldn't be expected to beat Hunslet" - even though we beat them in the same fixture (at home) last season!! Makes you wonder how objective referees are when their supervisor says things like that.

To be fair the Hunslet player DID tell the ref it went under and so did his linesman. Referee Andy Sweet arrogantly decided to ignore both of them and award the drop goal.

Oh and Andy Sweet missed on weeks officiating and was back the following week as 4th official at a Super League game. Some punishment eh?

And they wonder why the crowds are going down.I did not realise the Referee was Mr Sweet but that makes sense as he is a total clown and each time I see him down to officiate our games I actually contemplate not going to watch as he is that bad and I know we are not the only club that have an issue with him ( Supporters that is ).

I will not been down in Wales for our game against you this weekend but I expect it to be a very tough game for us and hope we get the win but wish you all the best for the rest of the season.

Archived