BARROW GAME.

graham fisher

47 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Don't fret Mr L Losebury are only truly happy when they can whine about the opposition, ref, coach, weather, little todgers etc..

It that be the case, it must be a virus from that shower of toothless Dogs you support across the valley.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Don't fret Mr L Losebury are only truly happy when they can whine about the opposition, ref, coach, weather, little todgers etc..

Are you bored PM?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

It that be the case, it must be a virus from that shower of toothless Dogs you support across the valley.

Don't humour him.."we" fall for it every time...

46 minutes ago, Reverend Ram said:

Interesting to read on the Hornets page that they too complain of the time wasting tactics by both Barrrow and Swinton though I didn’t see much at Sale the other week - but definitely a worrying trend.

Then you missed seeing their leader, Bracek and his 'injuries'.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

6 hours ago, Reverend Ram said:

Interesting to read on the Hornets page that they too complain of the time wasting tactics by both Barrrow and Swinton though I didn’t see much at Sale the other week - but definitely a worrying trend.

Wasn't it Rochdale that started this trend last year when we played them at our place,think 2nd half must have lasted about 50 mins. But like you say it's a worrying trend.

11 hours ago, Reverend Ram said:

It is a worrying trend, and the referees are a little restricted by the necessity to apply a duty of care to the players at all time. Despite my own criticisms I would be even more annoyed if a referee were to allow play to continue if a player had been left with what turned out to be a serious injury. This is an area where clear unambiguous guidance is required from the RFL so that everyone knows where they stand.

As has been pointed out in other media recently RL is supposed to be an entertainment (that was one the reasons for the original split, after all) and coaches need to be encouraged to understand the role that they play in that. Players don't waste time on a whim.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 7/8/2018 at 8:21 PM, silcoates said:

Well done to the lads for coming back and winning today.

I'm sure Barrow and their fans think they could easily have won as well.

I hope they pull through with the problems they have.but we all in the same dodgy boat.

Mention for Adam Ryder did well for his first game.Sam Day -the mole, he seemed to chirp us up when he came on.

Good try from Gareth Potts,wish we scored more tries like that.  

Just watched the highlights and although they are exactly that, both Sam and Adam show up well in the 6 minutes of viewing..

The 6 mins also show the lengths the ref went to to give the raiders a chance.  Absolutely nothing in two of their kickable penalties, especially the last one right in front of the Posts and very hard luck on Brownies try.  Might have been forward but v marginal and given almost every SL game I've seen (which isn't many to be honest).  In fact I thought the try by Lucas looked more likely to be forward.

Their second half try was a shocker form our point of view mind.  Terrible kick but we were fast asleep..Hope they've watched that on the video..Their bloke was only just onside too..

Archived