5th July : SL Huddersfield Giants v Hull FC KO 7:45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Padge said:

I have made the same point several times, its a popularity contest, not an achievement contest.

You're spot on, Padge.  In other words, it's like all the reality TV shows and others which involve viewer voting.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hear it was a bit of a Connor love-in. Surprised at that result.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Wasn't expecting that.

I must say though I like Hull and how they play. Lot of players I have a lot of time for.

Also disagree with the home fans giving Connor a hard time. I'll also never understand Hull fans giving Brough a hard time either though.

46 minutes ago, GIANTSTRIDES said:

To be fair Hull had enough possession and field position to win 3 matches but for some reason tonight they couldn't defend worth a s***

With the mistakes from Fartown in the first half Hull had opportunities to control the game but they didn't fire in attack. Perhaps the changes effected them. Hudds have had many games when they spent a lot of time in the opposition twenty and struggled to score, so it was novel in the first half for them to score from such limited time close to their try line. 

4 minutes ago, longboard said:

With the mistakes from Fartown in the first half Hull had opportunities to control the game but they didn't fire in attack. Perhaps the changes effected them. Hudds have had many games when they spent a lot of time in the opposition twenty and struggled to score, so it was novel in the first half for them to score from such limited time close to their try line. 

I thought it was pretty good defence to be honest by Fartown and with very limited chances first half, they scored with relative ease. To be fair to Hull they had some players missing, as did the Giants but we had a better side out than we have had for a long time. Whether we can make the eight who knows but if we play as well as that rather than how we played last week we have half a chance.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

It would be unfair to blame the result on the changes in the Hull side, but would also be unfair not to mention it. Was always going to be difficult to fire with another half back combination, full back and completely experienced left side wing-centre partnership. Things just didn't stick and Hudds pressure killed us. Fair play to them, didn't even give us the chance to get anything going.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

9 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

It would be unfair to blame the result on the changes in the Hull side, but would also be unfair not to mention it. Was always going to be difficult to fire with another half back combination, full back and completely experienced left side wing-centre partnership. Things just didn't stick and Hudds pressure killed us. Fair play to them, didn't even give us the chance to get anything going.

are too many players getting injured?

49 minutes ago, longboard said:

How come Brough got the MOM award then? ?

He didn't, on the public voting nonsense tonight.

I presume you are talking about the club match game decision.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

It was the result I expected. It was obvious last week in the performance against Widnes that the squad depletion has caught up with us.  

Very pleased with the way the team dug in in the second half and it's still a heck of achievement to be where we are in the table at the moment.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Lee Radford on the MOM decision from the Hull Daily Mail website:

“It’s easy to make mistakes when you don’t have to defend them," Radford added. "Hakim is high risk and he rolls the dice. He got the man of the match but Stevie Wonder must have voted for that.”

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Nice performance from Hudds.  Great attitude in defence and some young players performing well.  Thought Brough had one of his better games that I have seen for a while.  Sounded like the Hudds fans were pretty vocal, was it a decent attendance?

Anyway keeping it short and sweet as I'm heading over to Amazon to see if I can get my hands on a copy of 'Now That's What I Call Cowbell'.

20180706_004506.jpg

Strange how a "real" crusher tackle was overlooked, even following a few replays on the screen?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

6 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

are too many players getting injured?

Looks like it. We've had a horrendous run with injuries this year, but squad depth has seen us manage to compete.

A lot of our fans are giving up on the season after that. Yeah, we could be 4-6 points off the rest after the weekend, but it only takes a bad run of form too be back in it. We're gonna get some bodies back soon hopefully. There's plenty of time yet.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

9 hours ago, Padge said:

I have made the same point several times, its a popularity contest, not an achievement contest.

How come I didn't win it then?

8 hours ago, Ant said:

I'll also never understand Hull fans giving Brough a hard time either though.

The Premier League footballesque diving around knowing that the gullible Hicks will award him a penalty doesn't help.

6 hours ago, Ullman said:

Lee Radford on the MOM decision from the Hull Daily Mail website:

“It’s easy to make mistakes when you don’t have to defend them," Radford added. "Hakim is high risk and he rolls the dice. He got the man of the match but Stevie Wonder must have voted for that.”

So did Roy.

36 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Strange how a "real" crusher tackle was overlooked, even following a few replays on the screen?

The remarkably inept Hicks once again. Odd how Danny Richardson can attract attention to an alleged crusher tackle by doing a bit of neck rubbing, getting players sin binned and suspended, yet when other players fall victim to them and are obviously in some discomfort nothing happens. I think it's likely a Huddersfield player will get a 2/3 match ban for that and, if that does happen, the RFL Disciplinary will have proved my point about the woefully inept Hicks. So it probably won't happen.

Onto the game in general and I said early doors that Hull would have the demons on their shoulders after that opening 10 minutes when we just couldn't  break down a resolute goal line defence from Hudds. As soon as they went up the other end there was an inevitability about them scoring. The home team defended very well all night and we lacked the nous and composure to break them down. Our defence looked worse than ordinary in comparison, Rankin making scoring look very easy.

Hull tried hard without ever looking really threatening. It's easy to blame injuries but all teams have them at some stage, Hudds being one of them of late. I haven't really seen enough of Cameron Scott and Jack Downs to be overly critical but I'm afraid I've already seen far too much of Jack Logan. A good friend sat with me last night said "Who would you pick instead of him?", well, that's not my job but if he's the best option we've got then we're in trouble.

Although very disappointed I was pleased for the Hudds fans on here, getting mullered by that East Hull lot last week can't have been a pleasant experience, not that I can remember how that feels. 

(I really hope I'm not going to regret that last line come the end of the month...)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Brough might have milked that penalty, but it was still a penalty in any case, and it's not like there weren't any Hull players who did the same last night. 

As for the crushed tackle, I'm sure a giants player will get 3 matches, along with Brough who will get a ban on principle.

Hopefully a Hull player will be punished for the leg twist on Ikahihifo that saw him go off

Has been mentioned above but I thought Hull started both halves the better, but then we grew in to the match and took our chances.

Not often I say it, but i thought for once we were the more clinical side in a match and scored when we needed to which kept Hull on the back foot.

With how stop / start the second half was, i think it worked in our favour and meant that Hull could never really get going and build pressure up.

Annoying that that performance came on the back of such a poor one against KR last week, as if we had got something from KR last Friday, we would be virtually safe in my eyes.

But time to move our focus on to Wigan next and hope we can do the same again.

14 minutes ago, Ant said:

Brough might have milked that penalty, but it was still a penalty in any case, and it's not like there weren't any Hull players who did the same last night. 

As for the crushed tackle, I'm sure a giants player will get 3 matches, along with Brough who will get a ban on principle.

Hopefully a Hull player will be punished for the leg twist on Ikahihifo that saw him go off

The game in general is deteriorating because of players milking penalties from niave referees! And that is all players from all clubs...One excellent penalty against Hull last night at the play the ball against Miloudi for blatant milking!!! Players should get yellow cards for such as that! And I mean everyone....

11 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Shows how ridiculous the MOM system is if Miloudi ends up winning it. 

11 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Hull have more fans than Huddersfield. Flawed system 

Don't forget the "neutrals". 

I thought Miloudi was generally a liability for Hull but he still got my vote.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

How come I didn't win it then?

The Premier League footballesque diving around knowing that the gullible Hicks will award him a penalty doesn't help.

So did Roy.

The remarkably inept Hicks once again. Odd how Danny Richardson can attract attention to an alleged crusher tackle by doing a bit of neck rubbing, getting players sin binned and suspended, yet when other players fall victim to them and are obviously in some discomfort nothing happens. I think it's likely a Huddersfield player will get a 2/3 match ban for that and, if that does happen, the RFL Disciplinary will have proved my point about the woefully inept Hicks. So it probably won't happen.

Onto the game in general and I said early doors that Hull would have the demons on their shoulders after that opening 10 minutes when we just couldn't  break down a resolute goal line defence from Hudds. As soon as they went up the other end there was an inevitability about them scoring. The home team defended very well all night and we lacked the nous and composure to break them down. Our defence looked worse than ordinary in comparison, Rankin making scoring look very easy.

Hull tried hard without ever looking really threatening. It's easy to blame injuries but all teams have them at some stage, Hudds being one of them of late. I haven't really seen enough of Cameron Scott and Jack Downs to be overly critical but I'm afraid I've already seen far too much of Jack Logan. A good friend sat with me last night said "Who would you pick instead of him?", well, that's not my job but if he's the best option we've got then we're in trouble.

Although very disappointed I was pleased for the Hudds fans on here, getting mullered by that East Hull lot last week can't have been a pleasant experience, not that I can remember how that feels. 

(I really hope I'm not going to regret that last line come the end of the month...)

Indeed. As I said on another forum -

'Best part of last night was the diversion going to the game.
Passed through some lovely villages.
Should have dived into one of the village pubs and stayed there.

A game to forget.

HKR way the better team.

If the rest had been as committed as Aaron Murphy we may have got within 15 points of them.'

14 hours ago, Padge said:

He didn't, on the public voting nonsense tonight.

I presume you are talking about the club match game decision.

Aye, just joshing.

Anyway, I think that in the public vote there is a tendency to go for a player who is well known, as opposed to players who are low profile and relative newcomers. It's not surprising I suppose.

15 hours ago, GIANTSTRIDES said:

I thought it was pretty good defence to be honest by Fartown and with very limited chances first half, they scored with relative ease. To be fair to Hull they had some players missing, as did the Giants but we had a better side out than we have had for a long time. Whether we can make the eight who knows but if we play as well as that rather than how we played last week we have half a chance.

Yes, the defence was pretty good.

Hudds had a bit more power on the pitch last night, although Hull made good yards fairly easily at times. 

I hope Seb is ok for the Wigan game.

10 minutes ago, longboard said:

I hope Seb is ok for the Wigan game.

Seb likely to be out for a couple of weeks, but should hopefully have Ferguson back for next week.

So possibly lose a bit in going forward and offloading but should gain a bit more in defence.

Archived