Guess the attendance versus West Wales

clifford

14 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Take your grandkids to the game's, easy.

Two girls mate. One 12 who is a good and keen golfer, plays for Lancashire Girls and comps tend to be on Sunday though I have taken her to the odd game and she did enjoy it. The other is 5 and has no interest at all except in Peppa Pig.

Well I can't comment on Saturday games tbh (before my time).

As for increasing attendance I'm not sure it would benefit the pro club. All local amateur clubs play on a Saturday afternoon and also we have a fair few fans who support football clubs (including Latics) who also play Saturday in the main.As we don't have our own ground and currently share with a football club who play on Saturdays (Avro have teams in various divisions so afaik the ground is used most Saturdays) it would be difficult to do, RFL would have to schedule our home games on footy away days if the ground was available. We know the RFL can't organise a drink in a brewery!

In the last 40 years or so Sunday has been rugby day, I used to have a season ticket for Latics and the rugby and that worked perfectly for me because otherwise it would have been one or the other had both played Saturday (of course the rugby would have won)

Be interesting to see what others think,as obviously people's circumstances are different.

For me personally, family of course come first.......but not on a Sunday! ?

I remember when the change from Saturday to Sunday happened, and fans were saying it would never work. But it eventually became the norm. I found it difficult when we were in SL and you did not have a clue what day you were playing. Sunday works for me, and as 34 has said Saturdays clash with too many other events that would be competing for the same peoples presence.

Archived