Shrapnel

Well we didn't get told that summer rugby fixtures would be scattered around like shrapnel from a 155mm air burst shell every two years if England qualified for the UEFA European Championship & World Cup finals - Best add that to the recent list of hard pitches, weddings, bachelor weekends, concerts, holidays, family BBQ's  & nagging wives.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

1 hour ago, terrywebbisgod said:

The broken record plays again.

It's the truth or does it just go down as another summer distraction because the warm weather and world cup have caused more cancelled games than the average bad weather in the winter.

6 minutes ago, Marauder said:

It's the truth or does it just go down as another summer distraction because the warm weather and world cup have caused more cancelled games than the average bad weather in the winter.

Try being positive and back the sport instead of being a tedious ,negative waste of oxygen.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

11 minutes ago, terrywebbisgod said:

Try being positive and back the sport instead of being a tedious ,negative waste of oxygen.

I do back the sport and probably a lot more than you, the truth is the game has fallen to bits since the RFL have hijacked the amateur game, it's actually history repeating itself because if you didn't know they did the same in the 60's and back then the same was happening up to 1973 When BARLA stepped in.

Now please point out the positives of the last 10  years within the amateur game because wrote down planning and positives aren't actually working, while I'm at it how will the game look in 2 years after the Super League clubs start their `A` teams (End of DR) where will the championship clubs get the players to replace DR players (Amateur clubs) how many more amateur clubs will fold because the RFL are that short sighted they can not see beyond the pound notes,

How do you know you back the sport more than I do?

I don't post stating "look at me,I'm doing this".

I just get on with it.

You keep patting yourself on the back and slagging the game off and wishing for the good old days.

Dinosaurs like yourself do the game no favours.

Don't bother responding, your placed on ignore. 

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

1 minute ago, terrywebbisgod said:

How do you know you back the sport more than I do?

I don't post stating "look at me,I'm doing this".

I just get on with it.

You keep patting yourself on the back and slagging the game off and wishing for the good old days.

Dinosaurs like yourself do the game no favours.

Don't bother responding, your placed on ignore. 

I did say probably and I don't pat myself on the back either and yes I get on with it and as for a dinosaur let see if the Pennine serves up a new system for the 2018/19 season that will cater for all.

3 hours ago, AC3 said:

The Pennine League has deteriorated from 8/9 divisions to 4 in the last couple of seasons. 

How is this any better than what is going on in summer?

What everyone seems to fail to accept, the RFL were preaching the gospel of New Teams, New Players, less call offs, all has happened is Teams and Players are doing both, one or none at all. Before the switch Pennine had about 120 teams and the NWC about 80, YML 50-60 and NWC 50-60. If 50% of the games in all the leagues were called off as is happening, do your own sums.

Sorry the game has shrunk and is carrying on shrinking, look at the under 18s even less playing where are all the players going to come from?

9 hours ago, AC3 said:

The Pennine League has deteriorated from 8/9 divisions to 4 in the last couple of seasons. 

As i have pointed out in a previous post, the pennine league struggles to complete fixtures only where the 2 seasons overlap.From mid september to december last year the number of games postponed due to player shortage were few, a lot fewer than what is happening in the YML LEAGUE at the moment. There are more games not played than are played and this has been happening for the past 3 or 4 weeks and this is when the summer league has no competition from winter rugby.The holiday season is only just starting now so the number of games that go ahead will get even less.This is also happening at under 18 and 16s.The summer experiment  is not working,but nobody at the RFL will admit this and the game continues in decline.

14 hours ago, tamseb said:

As i have pointed out in a previous post, the pennine league struggles to complete fixtures only where the 2 seasons overlap.From mid september to december last year the number of games postponed due to player shortage were few, a lot fewer than what is happening in the YML LEAGUE at the moment. There are more games not played than are played and this has been happening for the past 3 or 4 weeks and this is when the summer league has no competition from winter rugby.The holiday season is only just starting now so the number of games that go ahead will get even less.This is also happening at under 18 and 16s.The summer experiment  is not working,but nobody at the RFL will admit this and the game continues in decline.

The fact you didn't answer my question, has answered my question.

On 7/9/2018 at 11:02 AM, AC3 said:

Because if you look most of the teams are from the Pennine or the Hull Winter league which has been decimated. As I have said before the RFL promised everything would be better, we have done the analysis there will be More Teams, That many players you won’t know what to do with them, Increased spectators taking in more revenue, Less postponements and better standards, please let me know if you think any of this has happened?

Merit leagues were set up to accommodate all these new teams and players, there appear virtually zero of these games going ahead after the first couple of seasons, please point out any new teams, I am sure a few possibly starting up on the back of ones that have folded or simply changed name to play from another venue as has always happened. As David Gent said “The strong will survive”

Unfortunately in the 80-90s when the amateur game was at its highest in terms of participation and teams, instead of working together the RFL and BARLA could not agree on most things and all the pulling and pushing has simply affected the game as a whole.

41 minutes ago, AC3 said:

The fact you didn't answer my question, has answered my question.

To answer your question, the pennine league is a better option than the YML because if there was no YML summer league then the pennine league (which has a high number of games completed from september to december) would be in a better position to maintain this to the end of april.If there was no pennine league the YML would still struggle to get teams to play regularly  from june to august.

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:02 AM, AC3 said:

YML 14/7/2018, 22 Fixtures, 8 postponed lets see how many actually get played.

its gone back to summer vs winter again like i said many times i dont think it will matter summer or winter the game and every other sport is in decline!

what needs to be done is when teams decide which season they play they must stick to it not just flit between.

5 hours ago, topcentre21 said:

its gone back to summer vs winter again like i said many times i dont think it will matter summer or winter the game and every other sport is in decline!

what needs to be done is when teams decide which season they play they must stick to it not just flit between.

Distractions within the summer season (6 results today in the YML so far 6.30pm) and I didn't mention winter first.

Not seen it on the YML site yet but Lindley v Batley was abandoned after 31 mins of 1st half. Batley winning 18 nil. a skirmish in tackle led to 2 yellow cards one from each side. Referee signalled for penalty then blew for time (early halftime?) But not he had called an end to the game. Players very confused what will RL make of that?

Watched Dockers V Crossfield today , good game in very hot conditions .

Crossfields always in front but Dockers never gave up the chase .

Ref had a decent game , maybe used his whistle to much , just stopped the flow of the game a little .

Ground very hard , think everyone came through game ok .

Dockers hooker and 1 and 5 for visitors had great games .

Sorry in wrong section , could it be moved to NCL 

16 hours ago, Marauder said:

Distractions within the summer season (6 results today in the YML so far 6.30pm) and I didn't mention winter first.

few results not on website not sure why? plus there seems to be afew midweek games being played.

nottingham won batley game abandoned as mentioned above then theres the heworth vs birkinshaw game where unfortunatley a player passed away thoughts are with his friends and family

You make the argument that it is winter vs summer (and by extension BARLA vs RFL), but that is simplifying the case far too much. Even in winter, there are other distractions, and many demands on people time, whether that be family, work, etc. Team sport participation in general is falling, so it is far more complex than 'the RFL took over and now it is all falling apart'.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:38 AM, georgehadgingerhair said:

Well it can't get no worse than last year and you do continually try to pull summer rugby down and put the Pennine League on a pedestal. 

12 out of 37 games played today (results in so far 1810hrs) this could be because the NC more or less had a full fixture list.

Archived