Raiders v Toulouse and FIFA World Cup

Michael Ashton

If England beat Croatia the final of the World Cup takes place at the same time as our match against Toulouse. Have any steps been taken to change the day or kick off time at CP.Could it be rescheduled to say mid day kick off. This could be even more important if England ends up playing France.

53 minutes ago, Michael Ashton said:

If England beat Croatia the final of the World Cup takes place at the same time as our match against Toulouse. Have any steps been taken to change the day or kick off time at CP.Could it be rescheduled to say mid day kick off. This could be even more important if England ends up playing France.

I read on Facebook that Toulouse were asked but have refused citing pre arranged travel issues.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

If England get to the final, we may not see the like again for another 50 years so I guess it's gonna be the footie for most people. And I can see Toulouse's problem. However, there is a kind of answer. If you choose the footie, get down to Scot St and give them the gate money.

The kick off time only needs to back 1 hour to allow fans to watch both (if it happens of course).  Toulouse's travel arrangements will not  be that restrictive that this isn't doable.

The RFL must surely step in and sort this one out because a number of matches are scheduled for 3pm next Sunday.

If the RFL do not step in and do this then they clearly are not fit for purpose (but we kind of know that anyway).  This is an exceptional situation but not too hard to overcome..

At a pinch even a 2.30pm kick off would do and the club could set up a big screen at the ground and we could all watch the final after the main event : 

BarrowRaiders-keithnutter-1.png

It's not just how close the kick off times are. IF it happens, most people will want a few beers before the match and maybe reserve their seat in whatever bar they watch it in, which is why i think Keith Nutter's idea is perfect if the club could manage it but I have my doubts it's doable. Even a 2.00pm kick off might be impossible for Toulouse. Why didn't the RL not realise this could be a possibility before the season started? I mean, we all thought it might happen, didn't we, lol? I'm not saying I have the answer, just that if I choose the soccer i'll make sure the club don't lose out financially, at least not from me.

I always prefer to watch matches at home without interuptions so I would record it and dash home. If Barrow KO is 2pm I could be home soon after 4pm

I might mention I'm a season ticket holder so cost doesn't come into it.

Time is 4.20 and Barrow are now losing 16-12. Swinton are beating Rochdale 18-16 and Batley are beating Leigh 12-4.

I think aiming for 2pm is the best idea, I don't think you'll have much chance of getting midday. 

I believe the raiders bar has been showing the games , hence it will be a great money making opportunity. I suspect people with season tickets may still want to watch England and only the die hards will attend. Nobody under the age of 50 will have seen England get to a world cup final and everyone under the age of 25 has seen them play pants for all of their life time. 

In an ideal world game gets moved to 2 o clock, somehow get a big screen to show the game on the side of the raiders bar (this might not be feasible due to electric, weather or cost) and convince people to stay after the game to watch the world cup and publicise it before hand to let people know so they don't have arrangements. 

With the Barrow game finishing very close to KO you could be in a scenario where you have 200 - 300 people staying after the game to watch the final (Toulouse players may hang around if it's france) which would be a decent money earner for the club on beer sales. 

Obviously there is a lot of things which need to happen to get to that point. 

The number of fans Toulouse bring along, lol. Don't you just love 'expansion'.

1 hour ago, Shipbuilder said:

If it's England v France in the final that will have an impact on the number of fans Toulouse bring along, maybe £1 a pint for a nice red wine might bring a few more.

I prefer rose but at £1 a pint there might be a lot of drunk people?

£1 a pint? Are you trying to kill the club? Then again. all those Toulouse fans will love it.

I reckon if you buy a cheap pint of wine for about £10 from Tesco and sell it to the Toulouse "fans" at a pound a pint the club will still have a fiver left when he pays his entrance fee, if he feels jolly enough he may even buy some raffle tickets

Shipbuilider01.png

thing is they are flying in Saturday I believe

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Dont understand surely the lads will get up Sunday some form of breakfast then onto the coach and off to Barrow.Get here for 12 ish settle in,change, warmup and  kickoff for 2 oclock or am I missing something. Were not talking Tornoto flight time differences here.

The RFL need to step in and make a decision on this one and not sit on the fence and tell clubs "sort it out yourselves".  This is a so-called professional sport not a local pub darts league.

The loss of revenue for the Raiders will be massive if the kick off is 3pm and will wipe out everything from the Just Giving page plus a whole lot more instantly.  All for the sake of a slightly earlier kick off.  Or is that what the RFL would like to see happen??

For god's sake the decision is a no-brainer given the magnitude of our national soccer team appearing in a World Cup Final.

On the plus side if we don't get any rain the pitch may well be unplayable as it is rock hard and clearly dangerous to players being tackled into it.  Just a thought :)   

BarrowRaiders-keithnutter-1.png

Sorry, I assumed Toulouse were flying in Sunday morning. IF they are coming Saturday, what the hell is the problem with a 12.00 kick off? Mind you, at the moment this is a rhetorical question. Hopefully we can start this debate again Thursday.

Archived