And so Lemming season begins!!

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

Two things have gone wrong this year for me:

1. Relying on a tiny squad with top ups from Leeds. When their injury crisis struck, we lost our back up. I know Riddy and Holmes were class, but was that really a wise way to spend the budget? 

2. Failure to bring in recruits. We've made one signing, from the division below. And he's not even played. The time to recruit was 4 weeks ago. A half back and a couple of forwards would have been ideal. It's too late now.

Not usually critical, or pessimistic but the season has gone and in truth it went a month ago. It's no one else's fault but the club's.

With reduced funding next year and no big support to rely on, I fear we are done, possibly forever.

Crikey it's only a game! 

4 hours ago, Reddwarf said:

This could prove difficult shipping 40 in Toulouse. As we don’t go there .??? But I would agree we probably will ship 50 at Toronto worst luck 

Corrected ;) predictive text has a lot to answer for :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2018 at 7:19 PM, Robin Evans said:

Honestly..... I'll let suggy paint my ar se yellow if we beat toronto

YouTube is going to go crazy!!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 hours ago, Bazzer said:

Should be done on the centre spot next home game

do you want to rephrase that

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Spoke to my son on the phone who told me how awesome they played last night.For me it’s like Angels and Devils.On one hand well done for a fantastic win and on the other hand why on earth didn’t they play like that most of the season, is it the fear of not having a contract next season?God knows and if we don’t make the four which still looks unlikely it will only add to my frustration till next season.

2 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Sorry to put a dampner on things but Steve will be along shortly to tell you that you only won because Toronto threw the game.

Aye.... I've just respondedto that! ???

Steve's a decent sort.....quite amazing really considering he's from the dark side??

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:19 PM, Robin Evans said:

Honestly..... I'll let suggy paint my ar se yellow if we beat toronto

Which do you prefer, Robin. Gloss or emulsion?.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Aye.... I've just respondedto that! ???

Steve's a decent sort.....quite amazing really considering he's from the dark side??

I saw him a few times at friendlies over the years in the winter,Lock lane was one.He does seem to like wearing that long black coat a lot.

1 hour ago, saddleworth said:

Which do you prefer, Robin. Gloss or emulsion?.

Is it true that Suggy has now left town, hurriedly?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

23 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Sorry to put a dampner on things but Steve will be along shortly to tell you that you only won because Toronto threw the game.

If it's my comments from a few weeks back you were referring to Blues Ox, I was always adamant that Fev would beat Toronto if they needed to but I changed my mind after the London defeat, thinking they had nothing more to play for but pride. But the pride they showed on Saturday night was immense.

I think I rattled you in the past by suggesting that Fax only made Top 4 last year because they wanted it more than Hull KR in the final game, but this result emphasises that fact. Toronto didn't throw the game, but it was clear they didn't have the same desire as Fev on the day. Of course they still wanted to win, but when something deep down inside you tells you it wouldn't be that bad if you lost because of other big days coming up you are at a disadvantage. I've seen far too many inept displays by Fev in league matches after they've qualified for a Wembley final to think any different.

Archived