We could still qualify

jamescolin

Looking at the League Table we could still qualify if we beat London and Swinton even if we lose to Toronto. A win against London and Swinto would put us at 6 loses to London's 7 and a draw. So if they win their remaining games and we lose at Toronto but beat London and Swinton London then have lost 7 plus a draw and we have lost 7 putting us a point in front of them. What about Leigh? Well if they win all their remaining games they would on the above reckoning have lost 7 as well. BUT we are over 60 points better than them in our FA. A few more at Swinton would make doubly sure. So lets get behind the lads for 2 wins at least from our last three games and play offs here we come.

3 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Looking at the League Table we could still qualify if we beat London and Swinton even if we lose to Toronto. A win against London and Swinto would put us at 6 loses to London's 7 and a draw. So if they win their remaining games and we lose at Toronto but beat London and Swinton London then have lost 7 plus a draw and we have lost 7 putting us a point in front of them. What about Leigh? Well if they win all their remaining games they would on the above reckoning have lost 7 as well. BUT we are over 60 points better than them in our FA. A few more at Swinton would make doubly sure. So lets get behind the lads for 2 wins at least from our last three games and play offs here we come.

Have you seen Leigh's fixture list?They'll over turn our points difference with ease in my view.

Well given our performance to day that could be a tall order . If the team was not up for it today . Will they ever be . Think they need to take a long hard look at themselves , take what positives they can and at least try to win all 3 games . But given our big performance games I doubt it will happen 

It's like i said in a post earlier in the season ,more between the ears than our ability on the field.We don't seem to come up with any (get out of jail moves)we should have two or three to call on if the game is getting away from us or in a tight position.We do lack pace in the important positions.Wingers hard working but not the quickest,centres with the pace of second row forwards,except Misi who tries ever so hard but makes the some mistakes.Now Holmes and Riddy are out no pace at half back.and excluding Dwyer number 9 more suited to lower Championship than a team near the top.By the way i think we will beat Swinton by plenty and also beat London the week after.But after today i am still p-ssed off.

23 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

It's like i said in a post earlier in the season ,more between the ears than our ability on the field.We don't seem to come up with any (get out of jail moves)we should have two or three to call on if the game is getting away from us or in a tight position.We do lack pace in the important positions.Wingers hard working but not the quickest,centres with the pace of second row forwards,except Misi who tries ever so hard but makes the some mistakes.Now Holmes and Riddy are out no pace at half back.and excluding Dwyer number 9 more suited to lower Championship than a team near the top.By the way i think we will beat Swinton by plenty and also beat London the week after.But after today i am still p-ssed off.

Briscoe's not quick enough for the championship ?? Thacks slower than Riddy ?? 

34 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Briscoe's not quick enough for the championship ?? Thacks slower than Riddy ?? 

Briscoe is very strong  and a good finisher but if you put a grubber kick into the corner could he get there first?.Thack's is quicker than Riddy but not between the ears and no where near as good passer of the ball,they play different games.How much pace has murrell  but he has it in his head,you can't coach it  it's either in you or not.

Swinton is a gimme for you

London your cup final.. Lose that your done

Toronto a defeat

Remaining fixtures

Featherstone 

Swinton away, London home, Toronto away. 

Leigh

Rochdale away, Swinton home, Sheffield home. 

London

Halifax home, featherstone away, barrow away, 

Halifax

London away, toulouse home, Rochdale home. 

Toulouse 

Barrow away, Halifax away, Dewsbury home. 

It's gonna be tough for you

Leigh easiest run in

London toughest run in

Let the excitement begin :) :) :) :)

18 hours ago, Reddwarf said:

Well given our performance to day that could be a tall order . If the team was not up for it today . Will they ever be . Think they need to take a long hard look at themselves , take what positives they can and at least try to win all 3 games . But given our big performance games I doubt it will happen 

Posatives? Which ones? 

3 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

I can see us beating London, with the right attitude and application and beating Swinton. Toronto might not even matter. Funny how people view things differently.

Excatly, the RIGHT attitude but will we see it this time? 

We can only speculate after our latest performance. If London can go to Toulouse and take a point then they are no mugs. If Fev can go to Fax and under perform albeit against a solid side then we need a vastly different mindset. But first things first and that happens to be Swinton. We need to respect them first. I know people will come on and say if we can't be Swinton etc etc but we've got to take one game at a time.

Just cannot see fev making top 4 nor do we deserve to after yet another lack lustre error strewn perfomance. However IF we do qualify especially IF London have a bad day plus a helping hand from the ref not to mention fev actually putting some effort in then great as we desperately need the money for the big wage bill. Hock lockwood and davies brilliant on their day but lets get a good fullback because at times it is like playing footy without a keeper although his kicking has improved of late hardo really tries hard but we desperately need better. In addition briscoe looks either burnt out or he has already done a deal for next season and now the records gone so has his desire or so it seems however cannot complain he has done fantastic for fev and without him we would be really struggling.

First priority next season is forget the attacking moves which never seem to work against the better teams just learn to catch the ball and stop letting it bounce then learn to kick better oh for a deryck fox grubber kick and a chris bibb atttacker/defender truly world class but one can always dream.

If we do somehow manage to qualify by the time we go to Toronto we need to tap some of their players who will be surplus to requirements if they make superleague. 

9 hours ago, phiggins said:

As a Leigh fan, I'd say I'd still rather be in Fev's position than Leigh's. I expect you to improve your points difference even more against Swinton, then a win against London should see you in the 4.

Can we do a swap then ?

15 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Can we do a swap then ?

Hopefully we can over the next three weeks...

But you have your main rivals at home, win that and get a decent score against Swinton, Toronto will be a case of a close defeat not being a disaster. Toronto will also be resting players for the 8s

Whats better? Toronto play a full team of players not wanting to get injured for the 8's or they rest a few players and bring in their backup players(who are also better than most championship players) who are wanting to make a statement and get in the team for the 8's.

29 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Whats better? Toronto play a full team of players not wanting to get injured for the 8's or they rest a few players and bring in their backup players(who are also better than most championship players) who are wanting to make a statement and get in the team for the 8's.

Said this all week

Archived