Town V Haven predictions

town4me

Any up front payment from a brewery is taken back through the price of the barrel and is renegotiated dependant on whether barrelage targets are exceeded or not.

It effectively getting cash up front for what you’re saying you’ll sell. So what it’s actually doing is the same as taking next years season ticket money now which is reducing revenue/profit going forward. The only way to address it is to increase the price of drink to retain your margin.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GeordieTownie said:

Any up front payment from a brewery is taken back through the price of the barrel and is renegotiated dependant on whether barrelage targets are exceeded or not.

It effectively getting cash up front for what you’re saying you’ll sell. So what it’s actually doing is the same as taking next years season ticket money now which is reducing revenue/profit going forward. The only way to address it is to increase the price of drink to retain your margin.

So you are assuming this is what Haven have done? Couldn’t be further from the truth bonnie lad. No doubt you will come back and tell us this is the only way Carlsberg could do this etc, etc. Someone with a big chip on his shoulder. Probably the bitterest of all Town fans.

3 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

So you are assuming this is what Haven have done? Couldn’t be further from the truth bonnie lad. No doubt you will come back and tell us this is the only way Carlsberg could do this etc, etc. Someone with a big chip on his shoulder. Probably the bitterest of all Town fans.

Whether it’s a barrelage deal or a structured loan it’s the same principle. Breweries don’t throw money at people unless they’re purchasing huge amounts of goods or they’re likely to get a huge amount of exposure for it.

Im not bitter in lager marra, but if you’re meaning Haven why would I be bitter about a club who’ve achieved nowt other than bankruptcy? 

8 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

Wrong again Geordie your making a habit of this arnt you. Maybe the reason why town fans don't really engage with you on here.

1 minute ago, GeordieTownie said:

Whether it’s a barrelage deal or a structured loan it’s the same principle. Breweries don’t throw money at people unless they’re purchasing huge amounts of goods or they’re likely to get a huge amount of exposure for it.

Im not bitter in lager marra, but if you’re meaning Haven why would I be bitter about a club who’ve achieved nowt other than bankruptcy? 

Typical politician knows all and knows nowt. 

Its another one like the season tickets where the main purpose is to get to the end of the season. We know that bit is fact from all that has been in the public domain in the past month about the level of debt and the begging bowls out. Its also like the season tickets where it 'forgets' the impact of what this does to next season and the year after i.e. up the creek

It didn't take much to see the holes in the truimphant posts regarding the last saviour and every Haven fan was full of it. This is exactly the same.  I hope the Haven board haven't forecasted the amount of beer they'll sell in the same manner as they did their business plan. 

It'll help to get to the end of the season which is a good thing for the club, but thats about it

There must be a lot of Haven dierctors grace our forum, otherwise how does anyone know whether the speculation on the set up of the new deal is tue or not?

Sounds like a bit of spin to me, but hey what do I know? I hope it is the real deal for them but why would Carlsberg invest heavily in a club on its aris with huge debts and a BOD who don't exactly fill anyone with confidence that they can dig themselves out of the hole they created.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

8 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

There must be a lot of Haven dierctors grace our forum, otherwise how does anyone know whether the speculation on the set up of the new deal is tue or not?

Sounds like a bit of spin to me, but hey what do I know? I hope it is the real deal for them but why would Carlsberg invest heavily in a club on its aris with huge debts and a BOD who don't exactly fill anyone with confidence that they can dig themselves out of the hole they created.

They wouldn’t.

Town by 2.

22 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

Some haven fans act like they’ve joined the Moonies. They slavishly take in the bull they’re fed and never ask the relevant questions 

Stepford Wives of the rugby world 

Do you ask your transparent board whats going on .wasnt long ago most was complaining on here about the lack of communication from town until Gary Mc came on but then he left in a cloud of mystery, what about your board members leaving or a well know business man buying shares in your club nothing in the papers or that you have upset a long term sponser who is now talking to Haven .Short memories of alot of things on here plus alot of buried heads. i find it quite funny how people on here talk about the apathy for barrows board being open and honest but they wernt 2 years ago when there money troubles started or the fact the nearly never got promoted due to there financial hardship or the special measure they were in before the season started they only came clean when it is do or die so the begging bowl came out but thats ok haven no where near as bad but our directors are shocking and cant run a club dispite pumping there own money in to keep it a float. 

40 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

the club has no debts now the fans and general rl fans have raised the money to pay them 

7 hours ago, Haven 1 said:

the club has no debts now the fans and general rl fans have raised the money to pay them 

You clearly don’t understand the difference between shortfall in income and debt if you think the money raised has cleared debts.

Re the Carlsberg deal, anyone with a connection the licensed trade knows not a lot of cash changes hands in these kind of deals it’s all contras.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

7 hours ago, Haven 1 said:

What a load of rhubarb! So now 90+k was raised by the fans? They were only at 56k when the consortium pulled the plug.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

9 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

What a load of rhubarb! So now 90+k was raised by the fans? They were only at 56k when the consortium pulled the plug.

as stated at the meeting there was a 60k shortfall for the remainder of the season, harvey was putting in 33k some of that was to sign players new training gear etc but of course as you town fans know so much about it you must of been at the meeting too.

14 minutes ago, Haven 1 said:

as stated at the meeting there was a 60k shortfall for the remainder of the season, harvey was putting in 33k some of that was to sign players new training gear etc but of course as you town fans know so much about it you must of been at the meeting too.

You seem to have omitted that 56k doesn't equal 60k, and they pulled out because the debt was significantly higher than first thought.

33k - aye training gear must be the top of everyone's list when the club is losing money hand over fist. ??

9 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

You seem to have omitted that 56k doesn't equal 60k, and they pulled out because the debt was significantly higher than first thought.

33k - aye training gear must be the top of everyone's list when the club is losing money hand over fist. ??

Did you not read the paper yesterday ??? chairman said the 60k has been raised. Go on the haven forum read what Jammy Dodger has to say should pretty much clear everything up for you.

4 minutes ago, Haven 1 said:

Did you not read the paper yesterday ??? chairman said the 60k has been raised. Go on the haven forum read what Jammy Dodger has to say should pretty much clear everything up for you.

60k as been raised over 2500 was raised by frenchie at the st helens gig in the marchon club and a nice cheque from the bradford fans cleared that

3 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

Is Jammy the one who admitted he’s gonna be a director but was slagging everyone off? 

Ah here hes back head in the sand how you getting on getting info off your board did you find out how much town have in the bank.

yeah thats the one hes one although i disagree with the slagging off bit.

Just now, Haven 1 said:

Ah here hes back head in the sand how you getting on getting info off your board did you find out how much town have in the bank.

yeah thats the one hes one although i disagree with the slagging off bit.

Not on your forum. Anyway, I’d probably be kicked off for being a town fan like everyone else has.  Lads at work were laughing about it actually. So it was a genuine question 

Archived