Player Sponsorship

deluded pom?

1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:

We do individual sponsorship, just started it this season. I still don't really get what it's for and how it works, is it a RL thing?

I have sponsored Greg Worthington this season. I gave the team a not-unreasonable sum of money, and in return get:

• my company logo printed under his photo in the game program each home game (not large)
  • my logo displayed with a link to my company's web site at the bottom of his player profile on the team website (at https://www.torontowolfpack.com/player/greg-worthington/)
  • "sponsored by True North Climbing" announced at the start of each home game
  • a visit by Greg (and a few of his teammates) to my facility a few weeks ago (look for photos and video to be posted soon by the Wolfpack)
  • a visit to the VIP section for me and 3 of my staff at the Leigh game (not the best view from one end of the field, but the drinks & food were free).
  • and I'm also to get a signed shirt, as worn by Greg, to be presented at the end of the season

So far I am happy with the deal.

I see from Liam's player profile that he too is already sponsored (by TurnKey Site Solutions).

17 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

It’s just another way for clubs to get some more income. 

I think it's a great idea, if I wasn't just a one man band scratching a living I'd do it in a heartbeat!

On 7/10/2018 at 1:37 AM, John WP Fan said:

I have sponsored Greg Worthington this season. I gave the team a not-unreasonable sum of money, and in return get:

• my company logo printed under his photo in the game program each home game (not large)
  • my logo displayed with a link to my company's web site at the bottom of his player profile on the team website (at https://www.torontowolfpack.com/player/greg-worthington/)
  • "sponsored by True North Climbing" announced at the start of each home game
  • a visit by Greg (and a few of his teammates) to my facility a few weeks ago (look for photos and video to be posted soon by the Wolfpack)
  • a visit to the VIP section for me and 3 of my staff at the Leigh game (not the best view from one end of the field, but the drinks & food were free).
  • and I'm also to get a signed shirt, as worn by Greg, to be presented at the end of the season

So far I am happy with the deal.

I see from Liam's player profile that he too is already sponsored (by TurnKey Site Solutions).

Your business looks like great fun. 

On 7/10/2018 at 12:10 AM, Krzzystuff said:

We do individual sponsorship, just started it this season. I still don't really get what it's for and how it works, is it a RL thing?

You should attend some suburban rugby league in Australia one day..

”Introducing Jack Smith, sponsored by Mike’s Concreting. John Smith, sponsored by Dave’s Meat Shop .......”

• 2 weeks later...

Archived