Toronto and visa's

plug

19 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Reight.... go on then..... explain why its nonsense....

Bear in mind, I'm quite open minded here..... but for the sake of your response..... please elaborate

These points have been beaten to death so I will give you a few to chew on:

1.  Gainful employment for numerous players and management staff (them having a job might not be important to you but it sure is to them!).

2.  An increased home gate for clubs hosting Toronto (this money might not be important to you but it sure is to them!).

3.  An exotic venue for fans to travel to...a strange and foreign land.  Many traveling fans have come over and really enjoyed themselves and intermixed; just ask the Batley gang that are coming home now.  I mean it, go ahead and just ask them how it went and see what they say.

4.   Rugby League grassroots development in the Manchester area (in conjunction with the local university)...junior development also same going on over here in the Toronto area. 

5.  A new role model for clubs looking to promote themselves in the new and modern times...TWP is way ahead here and others would be wise to watch, listen and learn.  Some clubs have done this and captured a new Spirit...others continue on their doomed march to oblivion...the choice is yours.

6.  Mass media exposure to both existing and new markets to grow the game for everyone who cares.

7.  TWP takes no funds from others clubs and by doing so frees up a large and substantial amount of money for the other clubs/management.  Their exposure increases the fee to be demanded for the upcoming Sky contract since the product is now more attractive and has a greater mass appeal.  This revenue will be shared by all in RL with Toronto not even taking a cut.

8.  A free, all expenses paid trip overseas for PLAYERS and management from the other teams...consider it a plum of the job and a reward for your numerous years of effort.  Of course, free compliments of the Wolfpack!

Well those are just a few of the advantages....there are many, many more.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

1.  Gainful employment for numerous players and management staff (them having a job might not be important to you but it sure is to them!).

2.  An increased home gate for clubs hosting Toronto (this money might not be important to you but it sure is to them!).

3.  An exotic venue for fans to travel to...a strange and foreign land.  Many traveling fans have come over and really enjoyed themselves and intermixed; just ask the Batley gang that are coming home now.  I mean it, go ahead and just ask them how it went and see what they say.

4.   Rugby League grassroots development in the Manchester area (in conjunction with the local university)...junior development also same going on over here in the Toronto area. 

5.  A new role model for clubs looking to promote themselves in the new and modern times...TWP is way ahead here and others would be wise to watch, listen and learn.  Some clubs have done this and captured a new Spirit...others continue on their doomed march to oblivion...the choice is yours.

6.  Mass media exposure to both existing and new markets to grow the game for everyone who cares.

7.  TWP takes no funds from others clubs and by doing so frees up a large and substantial amount of money for the other clubs/management.  Their exposure increases the fee to be demanded for the upcoming Sky contract since the product is now more attractive and has a greater mass appeal.  This revenue will be shared by all in RL with Toronto not even taking a cut.

8.  A free, all expenses paid trip overseas for PLAYERS and management from the other teams...consider it a plum of the job and a reward for your numerous years of effort.  Of course, free compliments of the Wolfpack!

1. No. Doesn't help grass roots rugby over here.

2. There is no increase in home gates for toronto visits. In some cases there is a significant drop off.

3.agreed. i love Canada 

4. To some extent. Though TWP dont contribute to this other than by the training presence of a british team!

5. Role model??? Nah.... i loath the club.... its coach and the philosophy he employs. A nasty little sh ithouse.... he's coaching a winning team so your acceptance of his ways is understandable if not lamentable.

6. Mass media exposure???? Dear me.... it really is laughable the was rugby is treated by the media. Anecdotally the presence of TWP has hardly made any ripples in the media and again nothing to help grass roots over here.

7. Moot point.... I'll concede TWP are self funding but the impact certainly on traveling semi pro clubs is not insignificant and again, the benefit to grass roots is negligible if anything at all.

8. How does this help dearne valley bulldogs, milford or crigglestone clubs?

Look.... I'm one who kind of understands theneed to push boundaries and the more who get to enjoy our game the better.

But don't try and justify your presence like its some great philanthropic experience cos it just isn't.

Don't treat members of this forum with disrespect by assuming they'd swallow all that cobblers.

You're around cos your wealthy owner couldn't break the NRL so opted for Canada instead with an attachment to the northern hemisphere as a result....

Now I've no real gripe with that. Just don't take the pizz by suggesting there is some great benevolence to all this. There isn't!!

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

1. No. Doesn't help grass roots rugby over here.

2. There is no increase in home gates for toronto visits. In some cases there is a significant drop off.

3.agreed. i love Canada 

4. To some extent. Though TWP dont contribute to this other than by the training presence of a british team!

5. Role model??? Nah.... i loath the club.... its coach and the philosophy he employs. A nasty little sh ithouse.... he's coaching a winning team so your acceptance of his ways is understandable if not lamentable.

6. Mass media exposure???? Dear me.... it really is laughable the was rugby is treated by the media. Anecdotally the presence of TWP has hardly made any ripples in the media and again nothing to help grass roots over here.

7. Moot point.... I'll concede TWP are self funding but the impact certainly on traveling semi pro clubs is not insignificant and again, the benefit to grass roots is negligible if anything at all.

8. How does this help dearne valley bulldogs, milford or crigglestone clubs?

Look.... I'm one who kind of understands theneed to push boundaries and the more who get to enjoy our game the better.

But don't try and justify your presence like its some great philanthropic experience cos it just isn't.

Don't treat members of this forum with disrespect by assuming they'd swallow all that cobblers.

You're around cos your wealthy owner couldn't break the NRL so opted for Canada instead with an attachment to the northern hemisphere as a result....

Now I've no real gripe with that. Just don't take the pizz by suggesting there is some great benevolence to all this. There isn't!!

Listen...you've gotta try to lose this dark negative attitude.  I really mean it, your reply is ...well....sort of depressing.  I don't know if it is because of the Brexit  happening or something else but you gotta lighten up....THE SUN WILL RISE TOMORROW!

Life is full of possibilities and new avenues, opportunities and great ventures are just around the corner... 

You have yet to face the facts...TWP will be the saviour of Rugby League!    This is not the time to back off....OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS!   Crank it up!

If you are on a strong winning horse and in the stretch of an important race I say put the whip to that Philly!  You are currently pulling back on the reins...My God you have got to get out of this doomsday mindset!

Look. I have no real issuewith a canadian club. Many have, i haven't. The more the merrier.

I just find it an insult that you are sellingyour club in this manner.

Come on, join the party by all means; but don't expect me to swallow the line than TWP are these great benevolent philanthropists who are saving the game. Thats just sheer bol lox.

You are a club getting exposure in canada and providing a quirky addition to the british game. That's no bad thing in my opinion. 

34 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

You are a club getting exposure in canada and providing a quirky addition to the british game. That's no bad thing in my opinion. 

Right now true....but it is going to be so much more!  Can't you see that?  

In just a few years we will dominate League and be boldly going where no Rugby Club (League or Union) has ever gone before!

The Toronto Wolfpack is the Alpha and the Omega of rugby ...the Rugby Gods have preordained this...its karma I tell ya!  You've gotta believe Robin.

"Believe With The Pack With The Rugby Gods!"

Yeah.... and I really am often mistaken for Johnny depp.

I don't share your vision for twp, but that's just differences in opinion. 

I believe your club is dependant on one individual and if that goes as we upwards so will the experiment. In the meantime you will have a modicum of success against semi pro opposition. You will do ok(ish) in SL.

However, as long as Rowley is involved and employs the philosophy he does, it's unlikely you will get any support from me.... and whilst I only speak for myself I might just suggest that Rowley will continue to elicit a similar response across the game.

Other opinions are no more or less worthy than my own.

21 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Right now true....but it is going to be so much more!  Can't you see that?  

In just a few years we will dominate League and be boldly going where no Rugby Club (League or Union) has ever gone before!

The Toronto Wolfpack is the Alpha and the Omega of rugby ...the Rugby Gods have preordained this...its karma I tell ya!  You've gotta believe Robin.

"Believe With The Pack With The Rugby Gods!"

Kayakman. You are just "Leigh" at the moment. Wait while you build from the bottom up before claiming Utopia. I hope you do it but it may take time before you are recognised as being Canadian???

3 hours ago, Kayakman said:

We have access to a lot of that through Thomas Cook

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Yeah.... and I really am often mistaken for Johnny depp.

I don't share your vision for twp, but that's just differences in opinion. 

I believe your club is dependant on one individual and if that goes as we upwards so will the experiment. In the meantime you will have a modicum of success against semi pro opposition. You will do ok(ish) in SL.

However, as long as Rowley is involved and employs the philosophy he does, it's unlikely you will get any support from me.... and whilst I only speak for myself I might just suggest that Rowley will continue to elicit a similar response across the game.

Other opinions are no more or less worthy than my own.

Now listen Johnny....put those scissors away when I am talking to you!

The vision for TWP is very clear and has been stated often by our management...it is a 5 year plan to SL and getting more rugby balls into the hands of kids.  It appears things just might happen after only 2 years!!!!!  That is the vision and it is happening, you may not share it but it is coming to fruition before our very eyes.  All kinds of kids with rugby balls at halftime yesterday.

All clubs are dependent on ownership....luckily Toronto has one of the best, if not the best, owners in all of sport, Mr. Argyle.  He has made a firm commitment to the city and fans and we have returned the trust....it is a symbiotic relationship and running very smoothly thank you very much.

I've pretty well been there from the start:

1.League 1 said it would be hard to win...they were right yet we won!

2. Championship teams said it would be much tougher...they were right yet we won!

3.  Now you say we will do Okayish in SL....we intend to dominate SL and be in the top 4 within our first season....possibly Champions....the sky is the limit for us.  We are going to make it happen.   WATCH US GO!

UNDEFEATED AT HOME AFTER 2 YEARS!

I'm sorry that you don't like our Coach...too bad really...he is a proven winner and is very highly thought of over here.  His actions, both on and off the field, are beyond repute.  Once in England he risked his own life and saved a small girl from dying on a waterfall...we like those kind of fellas over here.  Once in England he also had a run in with a somewhat deranged and sort of 'Weirdo' owner from Leigh and he took the high road.....any sane man would have done the same.  Many of his players also felt the same way, left the owner, and loyally followed their Coach...we also like those kinds of self starters over here in the New World.  Men of action and character all.

You can love us or you can hate us, but you can't ignore us any longer.

""Run With The Pack!"

47 minutes ago, saddleworth said:

We have access to a lot of that through Thomas Cook

Ya, I see it has been working out real well for ya....thats why you need us to throw you the life preserver.

21 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Now listen Johnny....put those scissors away when I am talking to you!

The vision for TWP is very clear and has been stated often by our management...it is a 5 year plan to SL and getting more rugby balls into the hands of kids.  It appears things just might happen after only 2 years!!!!!  That is the vision and it is happening, you may not share it but it is coming to fruition before our very eyes.  All kinds of kids with rugby balls at halftime yesterday.

All clubs are dependent on ownership....luckily Toronto has one of the best, if not the best, owners in all of sport, Mr. Argyle.  He has made a firm commitment to the city and fans and we have returned the trust....it is a symbiotic relationship and running very smoothly thank you very much.

I've pretty well been there from the start:

1.League 1 said it would be hard to win...they were right yet we won!

2. Championship teams said it would be much tougher...they were right yet we won!

3.  Now you say we will do Okayish in SL....we intend to dominate SL and be in the top 4 within our first season....possibly Champions....the sky is the limit for us.  We are going to make it happen.   WATCH US GO!

UNDEFEATED AT HOME AFTER 2 YEARS!

I'm sorry that you don't like our Coach...too bad really...he is a proven winner and is very highly thought of over here.  His actions, both on and off the field, are beyond repute.  Once in England he risked his own life and saved a small girl from dying on a waterfall...we like those kind of fellas over here.  Once in England he also had a run in with a somewhat deranged and sort of 'Weirdo' owner from Leigh and he took the high road.....any sane man would have done the same.  Many of his players also felt the same way, left the owner, and loyally followed their Coach...we also like those kinds of self starters over here in the New World.  Men of action and character all.

You can love us or you can hate us, but you can't ignore us any longer.

""Run With The Pack!"

Getting kids involved is tremendous. Its the future.

Disagree on rowley.... he's a sh ithouse. His efforts re young un is irrelevant. Jimmy savile did all sorts of charitable work.... didnt make him a good sort.

Like i said earlier, because he's getting the result it glosses over his philosophy for yourselves. Like i said, per se... i haven't really got an issue with expansion into canada. The more enjoying our game the better and kids are tomorrow's players and fans

I don't share your vision of world domination and as long as rowley is involved i wouldnt lose sleep if he lost every game.

I kind of agree about delbert. A strange and often unpleasant bloke apparently....

He and rowley deserved each other.

Still.... middle 8s to come..... see how it goes

6 hours ago, Kayakman said:

* Looks like many others have beat me to responding to your dreamworld are you on some sort of medication as you really are away with the fairies.

*All your non Canadian players already had jobs mostly in the UK but some elsewhere other than Canada.

*Pretty sure the average UK home gates for Toronto fixtures at Super league clubs will be lower especially once the novelty wears off.

* Get a grip rugby was always played in the winter months when the sport was better supported nowt like a pie or mug of oxo watching rugby in the winter. If people want to see your glorious land they do not need toronto wolfpack as an excuse to visit just ask all the UK fans who either dont want to travel all that way or cannot afford it thus denying lifetime supporters from watching their local team. 

4.   Rugby League grassroots development in the Manchester area (in conjunction with the local university)...junior development also same going on over here in the Toronto area. 

* Everyone like yourself keep harping on about grass roots level so why have you bought a team from everywhere but Canada. Development my ass it’s all about moneymen like yours continuing to ruin rugby league for the working classes.

* Role model dont make me laugh prime example Rowley probably the most hated coach in Rugby league and thats not because he is now at toronto. The vast majority of UK clubs do not have millionaires like toronto and if your idea of singing national anthems before every match and constantly showing pop up ads on live matches is promoting the game then its a sad day for rugby league.

* Dream on London has been spouting the same tripe for years it aint gonna happen.

*No funds at present but wait until Superleague clubs tire of the long trips and your adopted sugar daddy stops paying for flights and poor accommodation. At present you are killing the championship and I dont mean at rugby I mean the genuine lifelong diehard fans.

*Yes thats been great this season by both denying the loyal championship fans a chance to watch their team and the strain on clubs part time players taking time off work for a few days in addition to the visa problems.

In a nut shell play rugby league in Canada by all means and I genuinely wish you all the luck in the world but stop hanging on to the UK coat tails please leave us alone and take your money elsewhere however you may just fit perfectly into the greedy Super league proposed new system if not have a word with your close neighbours in the USA.

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

The Toronto Wolfpack is the Alpha and the Omega of rugby ...

I know this is a different sport KM but when you have a break from being spaced-out do check up the histories of Colne valley Dynamoes, Gretna FC and Rushden & Diamonds.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Getting kids involved is tremendous. Its the future.

9 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

You'll do ok in s.l just like Catalan Dragons, your invited to the party but Wigan,Leeds, St Helens & co won't allow you to win owt.

8 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

SL will soon get fed up of travelling to Canada on Thursday and Friday nights - that's of course if you get there and i sincerely hope you do - the sooner the better! 

7 hours ago, eltel said:
6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I know this is a different sport KM but when you have a break from being spaced-out do check up the histories of Colne valley Dynamoes, Gretna FC and Rushden & Diamonds.

In a nut shell play rugby league in Canada by all means and I genuinely wish you all the luck in the world but stop hanging on to the UK coat tails please leave us alone and take your money elsewhere however you may just fit perfectly into the greedy Super league proposed new system if not have a word with your close neighbours in the USA.

Okay I read all the replies and did the research you requested Blindsider.  I don't mean this in a negative way at all but you folks have got to try and be more positive and optimistic.  Maybe it has to do we me always working with the young and the unbridled optimism of youth....but you folks have got to lighten up and see the lighter side of life...its not all doom and gloom...it is full of promise and possibilities.  I really believe this!

Sure there are examples of failed clubs and things going wrong but there are even more examples of successful teams and things working out...great and inspiring stories...many of them!  Yes, we need to learn from the negatives but not become solely focused on them like a never moving laser beam...we need to focus on the positive things!  Think positive thought....it produces good Karma!

TWP is one of these positive things..the positives in every respect with this club far outweigh the negatives.  Now Blindsider you know I respect your thoughts but you are way off line on the articles you told me to read and the TWP....these are two totally different things.

Now I'm currently getting ready to go into the deep Bush for 4 or possibly 14 days (will decide when I am out there) with little, if any, of what you folks would call provisions and equipment.  Just me and the boat and the minimums but I'm not worried about what could go wrong and me dying!...I'm focused on the beauty of Mother Nature and becoming a child of the Sun!  

Its all about perspective and you folks have just got to become more positive....turn that frown upside down...a new day dawns tomorrow full of possibilities and opportunity!  I'm  recommending  a 12 week course on slow Yoga for the entire lot of you...try it...you will like it!

"Stay Positive With The Pack!"

P.S. Breathe...slow down...breathe.

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Okay I read all the replies and did the research you requested Blindsider.  I don't mean this in a negative way at all but you folks have got to try and be more positive and optimistic.  Maybe it has to do we me always working with the young and the unbridled optimism of youth....but you folks have got to lighten up and see the lighter side of life...its not all doom and gloom...it is full of promise and possibilities.  I really believe this!

Sure there are examples of failed clubs and things going wrong but there are even more examples of successful teams and things working out...great and inspiring stories...many of them!  Yes, we need to learn from the negatives but not become solely focused on them like a never moving laser beam...we need to focus on the positive things!  Think positive thought....it produces good Karma!

TWP is one of these positive things..the positives in every respect with this club far outweigh the negatives.  Now Blindsider you know I respect your thoughts but you are way off line on the articles you told me to read and the TWP....these are two totally different things.

Now I'm currently getting ready to go into the deep Bush for 4 or possibly 14 days (will decide when I am out there) with little, if any, of what you folks would call provisions and equipment.  Just me and the boat and the minimums but I'm not worried about what could go wrong and me dying!...I'm focused on the beauty of Mother Nature and becoming a child of the Sun!  

Its all about perspective and you folks have just got to become more positive....turn that frown upside down...a new day dawns tomorrow full of possibilities and opportunity!  I'm  recommending  a 12 week course on slow Yoga for the entire lot of you...try it...you will like it!

Dont come on here telling us to be positive and optimistic, many on here have followed the game for decades, weve seen how badly the game as deteriorated over the years from top to bottom. Weve seen our club kicked out of the top flight for an expansion team, who no longer excist. Weve seem our team play by the rules, dominate the championship and still have the door to the big league slammed in our face. So were certainly not going to get excited about the ex leigh team playing at the other side of the world and buying there way to super league. Correct me if iam wrong, buy didnt the toronto owner agree to fund travel for the 1st 2 years? 

I refer to my comments earlier.

Expansion is no big issue to me. Breaking into canada/usa is massive and has huge opportunities.

The only issue is that canada are using british players. Sadly, the game here is ever contracting. There just isn't the number of players available to sustain the competition as it is.... but i accept that starting a league from scratch is a non-starter.... so there's a dilema. There are others.

Toronto (for the mo) have the finance to recruit a good team and back staff.  I'm not sure the british game could stand losing another say 100 players and staff to cover say another 3 teams.

Like i said yesterday..... welcome to the party. Just don't expect me to swallow all that cobblers about being the saviour of the game. Thats just sheeeite.

Toronto are in it for themselves.... their owners motivation.... and their own needs.

Nowt wrong wi that.... most clubs are. 

7 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Hopefully TWP will go up come back on here in 12 months time after in all probability you, ll get stuffed most weeks and shafted some weeks see how positive you are then! 

7 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Okay I read all the replies and did the research you requested Blindsider.  I don't mean this in a negative way at all but you folks have got to try and be more positive and optimistic.  

I know that you are an intelligent man KM; I was simply hoping that you might have recognised hubris when you saw it.

I am an expansionist and do hope that the Toronto venture and others in other countries is a success. As the Australian saying has it; "when you enjoy drinking the water, just remember those who dug the well".

Now, you watch out for those bears, even though you find the mosquitoes much more irritating.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Can I have a pint of what he's drinking please?!

21 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Listen...you've gotta try to lose this dark negative attitude.  I really mean it, your reply is ...well....sort of depressing.  I don't know if it is because of the Brexit  happening or something else but you gotta lighten up....THE SUN WILL RISE TOMORROW!

Life is full of possibilities and new avenues, opportunities and great ventures are just around the corner... 

You have yet to face the facts...TWP will be the saviour of Rugby League!    This is not the time to back off....OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS!   Crank it up!

If you are on a strong winning horse and in the stretch of an important race I say put the whip to that Philly!  You are currently pulling back on the reins...My God you have got to get out of this doomsday mindset!

i'll get you home Dorothy

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

6 hours ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

Dont come on here telling us to be positive and optimistic, many on here have followed the game for decades, weve seen how badly the game as deteriorated over the years from top to bottom. Weve seen our club kicked out of the top flight for an expansion team, who no longer excist. Weve seem our team play by the rules, dominate the championship and still have the door to the big league slammed in our face. So were certainly not going to get excited about the ex leigh team playing at the other side of the world and buying there way to super league. Correct me if iam wrong, buy didnt the toronto owner agree to fund travel for the 1st 2 years? 

Yoga...Buti or Hatha yoga for sure!   That will cure ya of these dark thoughts.

5 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I refer to my comments earlier.

Expansion is no big issue to me. Breaking into canada/usa is massive and has huge opportunities.

The only issue is that canada are using british players. Sadly, the game here is ever contracting. There just isn't the number of players available to sustain the competition as it is.... but i accept that starting a league from scratch is a non-starter.... so there's a dilema. There are others.

Toronto (for the mo) have the finance to recruit a good team and back staff.  I'm not sure the british game could stand losing another say 100 players and staff to cover say another 3 teams.

Like i said yesterday..... welcome to the party. Just don't expect me to swallow all that cobblers about being the saviour of the game. Thats just sheeeite.

Toronto are in it for themselves.... their owners motivation.... and their own needs.

Nowt wrong wi that.... most clubs are. 

Yin -yang yoga lesson for you Robin...helps to focus the mind!

Archived