Toronto and visa's

plug

3 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Hopefully TWP will go up come back on here in 12 months time after in all probability you, ll get stuffed most weeks and shafted some weeks see how positive you are then! 

Birkim...its the hot yoga at 100 degrees for you...helps one remain positive about the future!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I know that you are an intelligent man KM; I was simply hoping that you might have recognised hubris when you saw it.

I am an expansionist and do hope that the Toronto venture and others in other countries is a success. As the Australian saying has it; "when you enjoy drinking the water, just remember those who dug the well".

Now, you watch out for those bears, even though you find the mosquitoes much more irritating.

Heading out today...its the blackflies now....a new generation have hatched!!!!!!

Of course, we must always remember and appreciate the  sacrifices of those that forged the path before us!

No yoga for you... just a pint of ale.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

To be honest I'm still not convinced Kayakman isn't posting these messages from the home he shares with his mum in Cleckheaton or Clitheroe.

I sure hope that woman does my ironing this week and stocks the fridge up again!

3 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Looks like a pond to me not a barn.

Its all in the eyes of the great beholder!  I've done yoga and meditation right in the middle of that big post glacial sand dune in the middle....fantastic and untouched for 10 000 years!

IMG_0516.JPG

33 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Birkim...its the hot yoga at 100 degrees for you...helps one remain positive about the future!

No body more positive then me mate after what I've been through but I've watched RL 48 years NOT 48 months, I've seen it all before! 

11 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Okay I read all the replies and did the research you requested Blindsider.  I don't mean this in a negative way at all but you folks have got to try and be more positive and optimistic.  Maybe it has to do we me always working with the young and the unbridled optimism of youth....but you folks have got to lighten up and see the lighter side of life...its not all doom and gloom...it is full of promise and possibilities.  I really believe this!

Sure there are examples of failed clubs and things going wrong but there are even more examples of successful teams and things working out...great and inspiring stories...many of them!  Yes, we need to learn from the negatives but not become solely focused on them like a never moving laser beam...we need to focus on the positive things!  Think positive thought....it produces good Karma!

TWP is one of these positive things..the positives in every respect with this club far outweigh the negatives.  Now Blindsider you know I respect your thoughts but you are way off line on the articles you told me to read and the TWP....these are two totally different things.

Now I'm currently getting ready to go into the deep Bush for 4 or possibly 14 days (will decide when I am out there) with little, if any, of what you folks would call provisions and equipment.  Just me and the boat and the minimums but I'm not worried about what could go wrong and me dying!...I'm focused on the beauty of Mother Nature and becoming a child of the Sun!  

Its all about perspective and you folks have just got to become more positive....turn that frown upside down...a new day dawns tomorrow full of possibilities and opportunity!  I'm  recommending  a 12 week course on slow Yoga for the entire lot of you...try it...you will like it!

"Stay Positive With The Pack!"

P.S. Breathe...slow down...breathe.

It's like listening to Donald Trump lol ? 

20 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

It's like listening to Donald Trump lol ? 

You are tuned to the wrong station if you want to hear him....time to check and change the battery in that hearing aid.

14 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

...................and this is on which planet????

Over here we call it :

C...A....N....A....D....A!

P.S. and I'm heading out and into her right now....be back shortly!

27 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

No body more positive then me mate after what I've been through but I've watched RL 48 years NOT 48 months, I've seen it all before! 

Oh you just watch it?....I played/coached rugby for 48 years!

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Its all in the eyes of the great beholder!  I've done yoga and meditation right in the middle of that big post glacial sand dune in the middle....fantastic and untouched for 10 000 years!

Otherwise known as Masturbator's Atoll.

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

256px-Fairburn_Ings.jpg

Fairburn ings. Eight miles from Post Office Road.

I fished that solid for three years and caught some decent Pike but Canadas only lure for me would be the outstanding Pike to catch and not the gloating Rugby fans that seem to preach to the converted .

The visa problems are not Torontos' nor do they have anything to do with Toronto....it is the previous criminal records of players coming back to haunt them....if you want the problem to go away don't employ ex cons.

The visa issue should be addressed here in Canada, it is a bureaucratic matter not a public safety issue. A criminal conviction should not prevent anyone entering Canada provided justice has been done in the home country. If the men are allowed to go about their lives in the UK having paid their dues we should accept that - they are not emigrating they are here for 96 hours to play a game  . end of story. 

10 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

The visa issue should be addressed here in Canada, it is a bureaucratic matter not a public safety issue. A criminal conviction should not prevent anyone entering Canada provided justice has been done in the home country. If the men are allowed to go about their lives in the UK having paid their dues we should accept that - they are not emigrating they are here for 96 hours to play a game  . end of story. 

Doesn't seem to be a problem in other sports!...knowingly not filling out the form properly or intentionally omitting requested information is, in itself, a violation.  I really don't want dangerous convicted British felons over here...let them keep their own criminals, especially the ones that intentionally lie or omit info. on the form.  

I know this might seem harsh to some but it is a question of public safety....AND HONESTY!  Just fill the form out properly and be truthful...simple.  A Grade 5 could do it.

29 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

I believe you can still enter Canada, if the conviction is 'spent'. Providing the evidence that it is spent, and the time to do that, is what has caused some problems for some players previously. Changing a country's immigration rules is, of course, a sinch.........?

33 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I really don't want dangerous convicted British felons over here...let them keep their own criminals, especially the ones that intentionally lie or omit info. on the form.  

Funny that. Here's our good friend Kayakman when challenged about Ryan Bailey after he joined Toronto having earlier in his career been jailed for 9 months in England...

"It was all just a minor misunderstanding with Bailey"

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Doesn't seem to be a problem in other sports!...knowingly not filling out the form properly or intentionally omitting requested information is, in itself, a violation.  I really don't want dangerous convicted British felons over here...let them keep their own criminals, especially the ones that intentionally lie or omit info. on the form.  

I know this might seem harsh to some but it is a question of public safety....AND HONESTY!  Just fill the form out properly and be truthful...simple.  A Grade 5 could do it.

I doubt these are hardened criminals and the notion that they are coming here with the express intention of going on a 4 day crime spree or rebooting their violent tendencies as opposed to simply playing a game of RL is ludicrous but that unfortunately is how the system is set up. 

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Ok well don’t play in a British league if that is how you feel.

Archived