July 28th vs. Featherstone Rovers

NickWeaver

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wolfpack game at 1:30 p.m. means that fans can then head down to BMO Field for the TFC game v Chicago Fire, kick off at 7 p.m. For visiting fans, this is a short stagger.

39 minutes ago, Loup said:

Wolfpack game at 1:30 p.m. means that fans can then head down to BMO Field for the TFC game v Chicago Fire, kick off at 7 p.m. For visiting fans, this is a short stagger.

I am going to both games, but preferred the original 4:30 kick off, that meant there was only 30 mins between the two games. Now I have to kill 3.5 hours. I'm not sure that is why the game was moved.

Definitely not why the game was moved. Could be as dixiedean mentioned and they will be showing it on SKY? I can't really think of any other reason for moving the game.

I suspect, and you know how rumours spread...

This is a test case for SL next year.

SKY want this time slot. They already show all Catalans home games on Saturdays in the early evening.

With this time they can have a live game every Saturday, without needing to move any English home game, which clubs don't like. They want Fridays or Sundays.

Assuming TWP are promoted of course.

3 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Definitely not why the game was moved. Could be as dixiedean mentioned and they will be showing it on SKY? I can't really think of any other reason for moving the game.

Sky have never shown a TWP home game. They have always been on Premier Sports. I doubt Sky will show one game especially seeing that TWP have already won the Shield and the rest of the regular season games are dead rubbers.

rldfsignature.jpg

9 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Sky have never shown a TWP home game. They have always been on Premier Sports. I doubt Sky will show one game especially seeing that TWP have already won the Shield and the rest of the regular season games are dead rubbers.

Won't be a dead rubber for FEV though.

Could also just be an experiment to test the waters also it were.

7 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

True but why would PS simply let Sky broadcast a game they have the rights to? What’s in it for PS?

Premier Sports own website now shows the new broadcast time of 16.30 for the Featherstone match.

1 minute ago, Krzzystuff said:

Its a game you know that the opposition will actually be trying to win so should be a fantastic hors d'oeuvre for the qualifiers.

I can see us resting players for the Batley and Rochdale games and then bringing the starters back for the Fev game so they are in game shape for the 8s.

On 7/11/2018 at 1:09 PM, Krzzystuff said:

yup.

i hope Quinn gets a run out the next two games!

bet he is in against Rochdale if not I will be upset...and then watch him score.....!!!

On 7/10/2018 at 9:10 AM, ojx said:

I am going to both games, but preferred the original 4:30 kick off, that meant there was only 30 mins between the two games. Now I have to kill 3.5 hours. I'm not sure that is why the game was moved.

There's always 2 hours in the beer garden followed by some 3 Brasseurs! My liver hurts just thinking about it!

6 minutes ago, The Canuck said:

There's always 2 hours in the beer garden followed by some 3 Brasseurs! My liver hurts just thinking about it!

I'm not sure I have the stamina anymore!

7 minutes ago, The Canuck said:

You and me both! I can barely last an hour in the beer garden (though part of it is that it's just too many people in a small space).

come on boys..you can do it!!!

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

come on boys..you can do it!!!

This girl doesn't have it in her, as much as I try. I blame flitting around 3 Brewers pre-game (I think I've gotten worse since becoming an ambassador) and my hour train ride home for my failures.  I really do like your new shirt that the Batley folks had done for you! 

Just now, The Canuck said:

This girl doesn't have it in her, as much as I try. I blame flitting around 3 Brewers pre-game (I think I've gotten worse since becoming an ambassador) and my hour train ride home for my failures.  I really do like your new shirt that the Batley folks had done for you! 

I know..isn't it great! My maternal gran was a Batley girl and I asked RogerT to get me one and he brought it to Katana on Friday so I promised them all I would wear it to the game.  David Argyle was eyeing it but I pointed out they'd put my name on the back and then he gave up. Gavin Wilson from York City Knights brought me one too last year and so I just have to get one from Bradford Bulls (being Bradford born) and my wardrobe is complete. From here on though its Wolfpack shirts all the way!

4 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

I know..isn't it great! My maternal gran was a Batley girl and I asked RogerT to get me one and he brought it to Katana on Friday so I promised them all I would wear it to the game.  David Argyle was eyeing it but I pointed out they'd put my name on the back and then he gave up. Gavin Wilson from York City Knights brought me one too last year and so I just have to get one from Bradford Bulls (being Bradford born) and my wardrobe is complete. From here on though its Wolfpack shirts all the way!

Argyle is a pretty fun guy! I end up chatting with him most weeks before the game and he's always got a joke or funny story to share. That's really cool with the shirts! I look forward to seeing all three once the collection is complete, though I still think the sponsor name on the Batley one could be a good inside joke name for you somehow!(that's the story I'm sticking with since I didn't catch the name lettering right away). Glad to hear you'll be back in proper uniform next week!

Archived