14-15 Jul: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred Championship match games here.

Saturday 14th July :

Toronto Wolfpack v Batley Bulldogs KO 4:30pm (local) 9:30pm (UK)

Rochdale Hornets v Leigh Centurions KO 5:00pm

Sunday 15th July :

Sheffield Eagles v Dewsbury Rams KO 12:00pm

Swinton Lions v Featherstone Rovers KO 1:30pm

London Broncos v Halifax RLFC KO 1:30pm

Barrow Raiders v Toulouse Olympique XIII KO 3:00pm*

*I'm guessing this may be subject to change but is still a 3:00pm KO according to the Barrow Raiders website.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toronto Wolfpack by 58 points

Leigh Centurions by 24 points

Sheffield Eagles by 4 points

Featherstone Rovers by 22 points

London Broncos by 6 points

Toulouse Olympique by 12 points

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Toronto Wolfpack v Batley Bulldogs  by 30

Rochdale Hornets v Leigh Centurions by 40

Sheffield Eagles v Dewsbury Rams by 18

Swinton Lions v Featherstone Rovers by 30

London Broncos v Halifax RLFC by 13

Barrow Raiders v Toulouse Olympique XIII  by 13

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Saturday 14th July :

Sunday 15th July :

*I'm guessing this may be subject to change but is still a 3:00pm KO according to the Barrow Raiders website.

Toulouse are refusing to change. They claim its due to a late arrival on Ssturday.

I understand that Barrow are entitled to appeal to the RFL who have the power to order a change of kick off time.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

Toulouse are refusing to change. They claim its due to a late arrival on Ssturday.

I understand that Barrow are entitled to appeal to the RFL who have the power to order a change of kick off time.

I guess that’s reasonable for Toulouse, I wouldn’t expect the RFL to order a kick off time change

I love the confidence with which these games are being re-arranged. Is it really coming home?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

I guess that’s reasonable for Toulouse, I wouldn’t expect the RFL to order a kick off time change

If they were arriving Sunday morning I would agree but they arrive Saturday so a 1 hour earlier kick off should cause too much of a problem to them surely?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

The RFL know the parlous state of Championship finances.

The World Cup final is such a major event that it is in everyone's interest to try and work with it.

Embrace it and reap the benefits of increased income  or ignore it and accept that gates will be massively impacted.

Ralph Rimmer has urged everyone to be flexible. I would be shocked if they ruled against an earlier kick off.

Ron Banks

39 minutes ago, Bearman said:

The RFL know the parlous state of Championship finances.

The World Cup final is such a major event that it is in everyone's interest to try and work with it.

Embrace it and reap the benefits of increased income  or ignore it and accept that gates will be massively impacted.

Ralph Rimmer has urged everyone to be flexible. I would be shocked if they ruled against an earlier kick off.

Surely they’d take in the oppositions travel arrangements. I’d expect Toulouse would have an interest in the game as France are playing in the Final. However the RL comes first and their preparations shouldn’t be compromised. 

What we don’t know is Toulouse’s exact travel itinerary. We don’t know where they are flying in to, where they are staying the night before. It’s not like they’re on a direct flight to Barrow is it

Toronto Wolfpack v Batley Bulldogs  -  by 16
Rochdale Hornets v Leigh Centurions  -  by 40
Sheffield Eagles v Dewsbury Rams  -  by 2 
Swinton Lions v Featherstone Rovers  -  by 20
London Broncos v Halifax RLFC  -  by 8
Barrow Raiders v Toulouse Olympique XIII  -  by 14

Toronto Wolfpack v Batley Bulldogs  by 52 - the Quinnadian will play!!! my hope at least

Rochdale Hornets v Leigh Centurions by 50 Leigh need to rack up as many scores as possible as GD might come into play for making top 4

Sheffield Eagles v Dewsbury Rams by 18

Swinton Lions v Featherstone Rovers by 36

London Broncos v Halifax RLFC by 8

Barrow Raiders v Toulouse Olympique XIII  by 2

7 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Saturday 14th July :

Sunday 15th July :

Toronto by 50

Leigh by 44

Sheffield by 6

Featherstone by 42

London by 1

Toulouse by 36

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Can't see the Barrow / Toulouse game being re-arranged.  There's only one flight into Manchester and it'll be cutting it fine as it is, assuming they are in and out in the day.

Even if they've chartered a plane, it'll be impossible to change the timings now.

Let's not forget that they've got skin in the world cup final too and we've still to get there.

As for the Fev game, our only hope of making the 4 is to put Swinton to the sword on Sunday, which I just don't see happening.  I think we're done this year and the best we can hope for is the loser's cup.

Anyway, I'll be basking in the Fuerteventuran sunshine, hopefully looking forward to the round ball final.

2 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Can't see the Barrow / Toulouse game being re-arranged.  There's only one flight into Manchester and it'll be cutting it fine as it is, assuming they are in and out in the day.

Even if they've chartered a plane, it'll be impossible to change the timings now.

Let's not forget that they've got skin in the world cup final too and we've still to get there.

As for the Fev game, our only hope of making the 4 is to put Swinton to the sword on Sunday, which I just don't see happening.  I think we're done this year and the best we can hope for is the loser's cup.

Anyway, I'll be basking in the Fuerteventuran sunshine, hopefully looking forward to the round ball final.

Barrow v TO kick off is now 2pm.

Ron Banks

Hmmm i'm really tempted to change my prediction to Barrow by 2. They will have extra motivated to beat TO after the whinge and Toulouse don't travel that great and Barrow are tough at home. Hope both Ponwall and Boroughs can earn a spot in the staring lineup.

1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:

Hmmm i'm really tempted to change my prediction to Barrow by 2. They will have extra motivated to beat TO after the whinge and Toulouse don't travel that great and Barrow are tough at home. Hope both Ponwall and Boroughs can earn a spot in the staring lineup.

Taking a form line using  TWP's performances at Craven Park this season it doesnt suggest it will be a walk over for TO.

However, Barrow are really doing tough with injuries lately.

Ron Banks

I really want to see TO at Lamport but i also want Barrow to beat them...very torn lol.

Hopefully its a great game and a good crowd as well. lets hope a good finish to the season and some additional central funding next year as a result of it steadies the ship at Barrow.

8 hours ago, tim2 said:

I love the confidence with which these games are being re-arranged. Is it really coming home?

Probably not but more chance then RL world Cup ever coming home! 

9 hours ago, tim2 said:

Ironic that the only team whose country is actually in the World Cup Final is the one in the 3.00 pm kick off

The rest of them changed the times for no reason :( 

Well that solves that problem

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Toronto Wolfpack by 30

Leigh Centurions by 26

Dewsbury Rams by 2

Swinton Lions by 2 (Dual reg swopping sides maybe. this would test the patience of a Saint or two...)

Halifax RLFC by 6 ?

Barrow Raiders by 2 (a long and inhospitable way to go to Barrow - This may be an upset)

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Archived