Briscoe to Leeds then

eltel

Seems we are no longer in the dark and this statement may just give a clue as to why Luke has not been on the ball recently I do wish him every success at Leeds he has until recently been brilliant for Rovers just hope we got some cash for him my guess £80-100,000.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/off-the-record-rugby-league-rumours-and-gossip-120/

Briscoe will join Leeds permanently 

Featherstone Rovers star Luke Briscoe is set to join Leeds Rhinos on a permanent deal from the 2019 season.

Last month, the prolific winger joined the Rhinos on a loan deal until the end of the season, but it is understood that Leeds are keen to make the move permanent. Briscoe equalled a consecutive try-scoring record this year after scoring in 17 games on the bounce for Rovers to equal Eric Harris’ accolade from 1937.

Do you really reckon you will get so much for him? Id hazard a guess at a token figure between 10-20k to make it out Leeds are doing you a favour. Im not sure if the old employment laws are still in force but if hes on a part time contract and gets offered better they used to be able to just tear up their contracts. Obviously it could be a player deal or even a better DR promise.

Love Rugby League seem to be a very small business (they are having some issues with their website which they can't seem to get fixed) and this story, as is often the case with small-scale websites, seems to have been lifted pretty much from the League Express one yesterday. Note the language used...the headline says "will join" then changes to "is set to", then "Leeds are keen to make the move permanent" (Matt Shaw in League Express ran the original story which said League Express understood they had made Briscoe an offer).

As for a transfer fee, if he does go, it's possible we'll never know,  I think in this day and age most clubs keep their financial cards very close to their chests. We often see fans of other clubs speculating about out financial position, and of course plenty of our own fans have done so in the last 48 hours as the prospect of finishing out of the top 4 looms, but unless you are not only familiar with our own books but also how MC's businesses are going, it's all a bit speculative isn't it? There were widespread predictions of doom and gloom when we failed to make the top 4 in 2015 and Fax, Bradford and Sheffield did so, but that didn't work out quite as predicted in some quarters.

Surely we should get more than £50,000 for briscoe dependent on his current contract after all Graham Steadman went to Cas for £170,000 in 1989 and we bought him from york in 1986 for £55,000 ok things change but fev should get decent dosh. Leeds probably pay their top first team players £100.000 a year and god knows what Hardaker was on I guess around 6 luke briscoes.

Time will tell as all we can do is to guess whats going on as info for the paying supporters seems poor at best but business is business and things are kept close to the chest.

Oxy Boy- Luke was still in contract for 2019, even on a part time contract do you really think ripping up his contract will only cost Rhinos £20k what sort of contract do you really think he is on ???

1 hour ago, haskey said:

Oxy Boy- Luke was still in contract for 2019, even on a part time contract do you really think ripping up his contract will only cost Rhinos £20k what sort of contract do you really think he is on ???

I can't remember how it used to work, something along the lines of offering full time employment rather than part time. Like I say Im not sure if it still even works like that but Fax have lost a number of players like that in the past(although it were younger players than Briscoe so maybe that plays a part).

38 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

GB/England players with considerable SL experience go for (up to) £150k. Luke has had one purple patch which has seen him score over half of his career try total in about 1/4 of his total games played. I doubt we've received mega bucks.

This. 

Been a good few days in the world of sport hasn't it ?  At least we've got Bluesox with his measured views and 'banter' to get us through it....

to think that some longed for him to come out from under that stone.  He's probably a Croatia fan.....

12 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Been a good few days in the world of sport hasn't it ?  At least we've got Bluesox with his measured views and 'banter' to get us through it....

to think that some longed for him to come out from under that stone.  He's probably a Croatia fan.....

I thought I'd gone quite easy on you to be honest although I have got some juicy gossip on another thread........

3 hours ago, coolie said:

Do you think featherstone are in a position to barter with leeds

You might get a token sum, a friendly at your place, and a couple of loanees

100 grand really!! 

I think not :)

He was under contract fool.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

16 hours ago, lingard said:

He was under contract fool.

Not worth the paper it's written on

And if you think Leeds are cower down in any negotiations.. Your deluded

Leeds are your masters, not your puppets

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Not worth the paper it's written on

And if you think Leeds are cower down in any negotiations.. Your deluded

Leeds are your masters, not your puppets

Contracts are worth everything Neil. They legally bind partners into a contract that is valid for a specified term and can only be discharged if both partners agree.....

Its always been the case. The not worth the paper is cobblers cocker

Archived