Keighley Away

Dave Naylor

Not quite got my head around going to a game on Friday evening.  Of course the date was changed for good reason but I don't know how Super League clubs put up with it.

Anyway...

Cunningham in 19-man squad for Keighley

YOUNG hooker Jonah Cunningham, the dual-reg player from Leigh who scored a hat-trick of tries on his Oldham debut against West Wales Raiders, is again in Scott Naylor’s 19 for tonight’s (Fri) game at Keighley Cougars. (8pm kick-off).

Read full article

Good luck lads, lets bring back the 2 points.

Unfortunately can't get there tonight as its my nephews birthday and got to take my 2 lads to his party.

Guessing we'll start with Hooley, West, McComb, Holmes, Kershaw, Crook, Hewitt, Joy, Owen, Davies, Briscoe, Bridge, Bent  subs Cunningham, Spencer, Jones, Rasool

I said it after Workington and I’m going to say it tonight!!!! Please drop Hewitt and crook they bring nothing to the team!!!! It’s okay to score 100+ points against wales but can’t score more than 1 try against the better teams. 

after reading the Keighley news about all the players who have left. they had to bring in players from the reserves who had never played in champ. 1 it says it all.

it is sad to report on the 13th/07/2018 after much suffering the death of Oldham rlfc. 

I have to admit it was very poor and a big letdown after last weeks try fest.

Very few line breaks or offloads and no plan B when the forward drives weren't yielding results. I know we have players missing but we should be beating teams like Keighley if we want to be part of the end of season play offs.

And why do we not take two points when on offer?

Fair play to Keighley though. Their so called fringe players did the club proud.

13 hours ago, thecrab said:

Bad defeat that 15-8, will struggle get back up now 

We'll finish the weekend still in third place or at worst fourth if Haven beat Workington. I don't think we're at the struggling stage yet. 

I'm as disappointed as anyone after that defeat and Scott was furious at full time. We've failed to cement our top three finish and we're now in the mix with four or five other teams hoping for a play-off spot. 

Hopefully we'll be able to get some bodies back from injury and reassert ourselves. 

Keep the faith. 

This post comes courtesy of the glass half full dept. 

15 minutes ago, Dave Naylor said:

We'll finish the weekend still in third place or at worst fourth if Haven beat Workington. I don't think we're at the struggling stage yet. 

I'm as disappointed as anyone after that defeat and Scott was furious at full time. We've failed to cement our top three finish and we're now in the mix with four or five other teams hoping for a play-off spot. 

Hopefully we'll be able to get some bodies back from injury and reassert ourselves. 

Keep the faith. 

Where we finish in the league is not the issue, we're getting beat home n away by teams I would hope we would beat e.g. worky huns keigh etc. I can't see us coming through the play offs and getting promoted at this rate; and another season of league 1 will be a disaster ? love your optimism though ?

18 minutes ago, Dave Naylor said:

Keep the faith. 

Cheers Dave ?, I need some positivity felt despondent last night. 

I was hugely disappointed with our performance last night and make no excuses for our defeat against an exceptionally enthusiastic Keighley team - we lost our way and cohesion in the early stages of what was a scrappy game. 

However, what was evident from both the Keighley players and fans, was something that is often seen when a club has been going through a period of adversity and that was an energy, bordering on frenzy. The pre-match announcement that an investor had been found and a new club Chairman appointed, clearly buoyed everyone and quite rightly so. A wonderful night all round for Keighley but a sad one, for all from Oldham.

The point I'm making is that sometimes, when a young team lacks maturity, circumstances can influence the outcome of a game and that seemed to happen last night, but a different performance next Sunday could well prove the point that we haven't become a poor team overnight, especially if we manage to get some players back after injury. As Dave says 'keep the faith'.   

Worst performance of the season for me, needed someone to take the game by scruff of the neck and we had no-one, a rudderless, one dimensional slow and predictable all night type performance. When we are in a game that's tight and a touch niggly we never prevail. Naylor came down and told the fans don't f-ing clap them they don't deserve it 

31 minutes ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

Worst performance of the season for me, needed someone to take the game by scruff of the neck and we had no-one, a rudderless, one dimensional slow and predictable all night type performance. When we are in a game that's tight and a touch niggly we never prevail. Naylor came down and told the fans don't f-ing clap them they don't deserve it 

Wow, they must have been bad mate. You're never this negative ?

Archived