TRL HELPDESK - Injury compensation

Last week I was at the barbers waiting to have my hair cut. I waited on the seats that backed on to the window, and the street - I was the only one waiting.

Suddenly a car mounted the pavement, smashed through the window, hitting me from behind and throwing me across the floor of the barbers. 

I escaped with a few minor cuts on my foot from the glass, a terrible dead leg and acute whiplash.

The guys insurance company have accepted full blame and have spoken to me regarding compensation. Now, to be clear, I am absolutely not on the make, but do want to be compensated for a particularly harrowing experience and subsequent injury - I have 6 intensive chiropractor appointments over next 2 weeks.

Hi insurance company are basically treating this like a minor bump in a car which it obviously wasn't, it wasn't even a pedestrian accident as I wasn't even on the street. I also want the council to explain how the bollard outside the shop just tipped over, meaning the guys airbag didn't even go off!

The whole 'injury compensation' market is vile and just want some good honest advice from a solicitor who will be able to fight my corner

Can anybody offer any advise please?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I have no advice, but that sounds absolutely horrendous. Best of luck for the treatment and a full recovery.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Can't give you any practical help, but hope you have a speedy recovery. I've had whiplash injury in the past (2 car crashes within a month, neither my fault) and I know how painful and debilitating it can be. I know people often joke about it, but when you're not able to stand straight it's not all that funny.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

My main warning is be ready for the insurance firm to use every trick in the book (including surveillance) if you have any permanent injuries.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived