Haven reaction

town4me

2 minutes ago, bomberisgod said:

A dreadful first half.A decent second half.10 up with 5 to go we should win and we don't.

We could say we wer comfortable in the lead first half and should not of let u back in so to say u shouldn’t have lost is a bit lame

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

No mate we weren’t tired they wer injured and playing sooner rather than later we will get out of 3 gear and play for 80 mins and that’s what scary to think about from our side of things I thought town played very well secound half and totally dominated most of the half and credit to u 

And just one single unconverted try in the first half would have won us the game.  

5 minutes ago, town4me said:

And just one single unconverted try in the first half would have won us the game.  

We have a bucket load of ifs , but ultimately and honestly we lost because on the day we weren’t smooth enough , smart enough or good enough 

6 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

We could say we wer comfortable in the lead first half and should not of let u back in so to say u shouldn’t have lost is a bit lame

Of course we shouldn't have lost it that was a brainfart of the highest order i doubt we will ever see a game lost in that fashion ever again

There are some people going on about the coach not giving an interview,lets think for a minute,we have a post saying he was watching the cup final in keswick? Now i am not going to disagree with him but he could have stayed at the ground to watch the final,even without giving an interview.I suspect he had more pressing things on his mind and not by being beaten by haven,well done to them,kept going when we all thought they were finished but credit to their goalkicker for a massive kick to win the game..

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

We have a bucket load of ifs , but ultimately and honestly we lost because on the day we weren’t smooth enough , smart enough or good enough 

Mainly the smart bit David, we turned down 2 clickable penalties after taking one from the halfway line then with a minute left we piggy back them up the field with a penalty and another 10 for mouthing off. They were on their own 25 when we done that with only 4 tackles left. Unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

There are some people going on about the coach not giving an interview,lets think for a minute,we have a post saying he was watching the cup final in keswick? Now i am not going to disagree with him but he could have stayed at the ground to watch the final,even without giving an interview.I suspect he had more pressing things on his mind and not by being beaten by haven,well done to them,kept going when we all thought they were finished but credit to their goalkicker for a massive kick to win the game..

I don't think most of us were able to speak after the game.

What a game, town won it then Haven picked there pockets again, I hate to say it but Haven have some fire in there bellys after all they have been through, so well done, with that type of game surely our game is safe in West Cumbria, well done everyone. 

3 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

What a game, town won it then Haven picked there pockets again, I hate to say it but Haven have some fire in there bellys after all they have been through, so well done, with that type of game surely our game is safe in West Cumbria, well done everyone. 

Well said pal 

I thought town did well to get back into the game after HT and we bossed it from then until 74 mins.....1st half was poor, errors, penalties and i think we should have defo kicked a pen when we were down to 12 jus before half time! 

It was jus another unlucky day of small margins.... Credit to haven, they never gave up and i thought they had the upper hand in the pack, foster may be a gobshi*e but he is doin something right! Thought scholey, olstrum and doran our best, the latter causing problems 2nd half and with a bit more composure we would have had 2 points! UTT 

We had a massive opportunity to take this game, Haven were controlling this game until Dion left the field injured then their defensive organisation went to bag wash, he and Callum were tackling Town out of the game whilst however they were not creating a great deal in attack.

We started to control the second half and took a 22 - 12 lead, however Olstrom could not maintain discipline, a talented player, but a loose canon his ill discipline gave away a penalty which led to them winning the game, no doubt Haven players would be winding him up, but he has proven he can be a liability. 

Keep up the good fight our day will come.

27 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Just noticed that N Wales won at Newcastle that a great result it will be tough down there in a couple of week.

2 hours ago, troutmaster said:

MODERATOR:The coach has every right to whether he interviews or not,I am sure many more will agree with you, but, its his choice to not be on the media, but thats life and we have to get on with it..Thankyou..

At the risk of disagreeing with a Moderator yes it is his choice whether to do an interview or not but especially at this level he should do an interview after every match otherwise it looks and is childish and pathetic

Jeez unbelievable, first half we seemed more interested in fighting and giving penalties away so gifting them points plus far too many stupid errors. Came out second half and got going and were clearly best team second half but threw it away by being very naive when winning and not playing smart.  Rediculous capitulation at the end.

The game breaker was when Doran made the break and tried to go for the line himself instead of giving it to Miller who would have walked in. That would have put the game out of sight. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

In general , If there was a halfback we could get on loan till the end of season to add freshness and something different it would do us good but this is a glaring area to me we haven’t really remedied for some time 

When we got 10 points in front we were totally bossing the game & haven were dead on their feet! If we had kept up the intensity we were playing at we would have scored again, but for some reason they decided to slow it down and not make any yards with the ball and it bit us on the backside!! Absolutely gutted to lose today the same way we lost at Haven, but I do have to say what an absolutely knob Forster is! Refereed the whole match whilst riling the crowd!! Seriously needs to grow up considering he’s a coach! Shackley was the same! A stronger referee would have sorted it out

Can bang on all we like fact is we were 10 points up with 5 minutes on the clock and we can’t close the game out. Credit to haven who’s never say die attitude got them over the line (twice). To be fair with all the stuff going on behind the scenes through there Forster has got that squad galvanised and playing for each other and the club. Not saying our guys aren’t trying but feck me game management is poor and needs addressed. Havens official twitter account has reached a new low and TBH if they think Carlsberg are their saviour they have another think coming. There will be targets to meet with the deal and big penalties if said targets are not met.

Archived