Permutations then....

Robin Evans

16 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Whats needed to guarantee top 4?

Whats needed if we lose to toronto and beat london.... and vice versa....

Love your optimism robin

IF you lose to Toronto.. 

Chalk that down now as a loss 

Simple equation is.. Beat london your in the 4..just

Dont beat london then it's squeeky bum time

6 minutes ago, coolie said:

Love your optimism robin

IF you lose to Toronto.. 

Chalk that down now as a loss 

Simple equation is.. Beat london your in the 4..just

Dont beat london then it's squeeky bum time

Beating London doesn't guarantee top 4. Other results (particularly 'fax v Toulouse) need to go our way

Win next week could be enough. Loose, and it's still possible. Win both, and we're not dependent on other results. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

55 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

If we win next week, and TO beat Fax, the 4 will almost certainly be decided.

Leigh would be in 4th with and a win in the last week by both Fax and London would not take them above us.

To be honest I was sure we had blown it with the fax result but I did say it was down to the fax and london games so if we do give our absolute best against london because we need to do then just maybe we shall succeed however defence will be the key issue.

Desperate to make top 4 so we can make the signings we have been searching for otherwise kaput.

We win v London and Fax lose to Toulouse then it is GUARANTEED top 4 regardless of final day fixtures. If Fax win then we may require at least a point in Toronto unless another of our rivals has a major wobble. And before everyone starts to moan we won't get anything from Toronto, remember '83, remember C*s in the cup, remember winning the last 3 games of 2 years ago, even remember Fax winning their last 3 against the odds last season. And if a certain Mr Rowley realizes that a Fev win would scupper his former club then who knows what could happen!

Would love to see both Fax and Fev in the 4 and Rhinos to be in there as well. Fax, Fev and Toronto go up into SL. Rhinos lose 3 of their 4 play off games and end up in million pound game losing to a drop goal against Hull KR and being relegated to the Championship. We can but ?dream

54 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

We win v London and Fax lose to Toulouse then it is GUARANTEED top 4 regardless of final day fixtures. If Fax win then we may require at least a point in Toronto unless another of our rivals has a major wobble. And before everyone starts to moan we won't get anything from Toronto, remember '83, remember C*s in the cup, remember winning the last 3 games of 2 years ago, even remember Fax winning their last 3 against the odds last season. And if a certain Mr Rowley realizes that a Fev win would scupper his former club then who knows what could happen!

No way would Fax have beaten Hull KR to make Top4 last season if the cod heads hadn't already got top spot wrapped up.

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

And if a certain Mr Rowley realizes that a Fev win would scupper his former club then who knows what could happen!

But on the other hand if we needed a certain Mr. Aston to do Fev a favour and hold back the Leigh points avalanche in the final week, would he be so keen to help them out even though Sheffield have been showing good form in recent weeks (Fev game excepted)?

3 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Most likely we’d miss out, given Leigh will run in a shed load of points.

I tend to agree but make no mistake Leigh knew yesterday how important points difference would be - and they allowed Rochdale to run in 32 points.  

33 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

But on the other hand if we needed a certain Mr. Aston to do Fev a favour and hold back the Leigh points avalanche in the final week, would he be so keen to help them out even though Sheffield have been showing good form in recent weeks (Fev game excepted)?

Sheffield need to so themselves a favour if the want to make sure they avoid relegation.....

First things first, we need to put a real shift in next week and beat London, we can't control what happens elsewhere, just hoping JD gets them into the right mind set for an 80 minute performance against London. For now that's all we need to focus on.
On a separate note the lack of any real squad strengthening is a concern, I hope this doesn't prove to be our undoing.

2 hours ago, YOUNG UN said:

Would love to see both Fax and Fev in the 4 and Rhinos to be in there as well. Fax, Fev and Toronto go up into SL. Rhinos lose 3 of their 4 play off games and end up in million pound game losing to a drop goal against Hull KR and being relegated to the Championship. We can but ?dream

Wow! Then we could keep our DR with Leeds and they could borrow our players????

11 hours ago, RobLambert said:

I tend to agree but make no mistake Leigh knew yesterday how important points difference would be - and they allowed Rochdale to run in 32 points.  

True. Chances of Leigh catching your points difference is pretty slim, unless you lose a game heavily.

11 hours ago, Eternal Rover said:

First things first, we need to put a real shift in next week and beat London, we can't control what happens elsewhere, just hoping JD gets them into the right mind set for an 80 minute performance against London. For now that's all we need to focus on.
On a separate note the lack of any real squad strengthening is a concern, I hope this doesn't prove to be our undoing.

Like I have said on another thread, strengthen with whom and from where? Which part time players are available or want to come to play for us for a few games?

14 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Like I have said on another thread, strengthen with whom and from where? Which part time players are available or want to come to play for us for a few games?

If we make the top 4, I think we’d look to add maybe a couple of players. 

6 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

If we make the top 4, I think we’d look to add maybe a couple of players. 

Yes, but with whom???? Do we 'strengthen' by picking up players from League 1, or spend a wad on a 2nd rate Aussie or scour the academies of super league clubs for a young unproven kid?  

14 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

No way would Fax have beaten Hull KR to make Top4 last season if the cod heads hadn't already got top spot wrapped up.

Zzzzzzz check our other results against them and the run of scoring. We would have fancied our chances against them at home whatever the situation.

Archived