Toulouse

TMF

Can't believe i'm the first to start this thread but ok. I think, with the team we put out today we all knew were going to get stuffed today. No problem with that.  Pros... Hopefully we didn't get any more injuries. The Bull scoring our only try, priceless. Thanks Liam. The team getting applauded off the field.  Cons... Did anybody beside myself notice the ref shaking hands in front of the grandstand with the Toulouse players before departing down the tunnel? And if you were at the game today you will know what i'm getting at. Seems strange to say, but well done everyone in a blue shirt today.

I agree TMF, but I would say both centres deserved MOM, for effort going forward and in defence, I think today was the most obvious, that two leagues exist, and to me if it is not sorted it will, or maybe has already ruined the game. I just wonder what would happen if Sky pulled out. Having said that, all the Raiders squad deserved the applause at the end,,

I didn't notice the ref shaking hands but I can't believe he was biased or bribed - probably pure incompetent is a more obvious explanation. Fact is that Toulouse didn't need his help, they were a very good team with fast ball movement and I think would have beaten a full strength, fully fit Barrow.

As to the Barrow performance - heroes to a man but a special mention must be made to Liam who played like the true legend he has become. A richly deserved applause for all of them.

Shipbuilider01.png

Was always going to be tough, they looked physically stronger and quicker and on a pitch that hard its going to make a lot of difference. Never mind having 15 fully fit players. Toulouse were very well drilled and showed why they are in the top 4. 

Harrison was our MOM tbh. I don't like slating refs, but I've never seen one give so many 50/50s to one team. Any ball spill in the ruck was given against barrow. I think there was approximately 10 50/50s in the game and I'd say 9/10 went to Tolouse. Then a few blatant errors resulted in a very poor refereeing display which probably added 10-14 points onto the scoreboard. 

With the way the table is set up getting beat by 10 points or 60 made little difference. Next week is the big game. Didn't agree with bringing Matty While and Jono Smith on at the end when they both picked up knocks last week but there may of been people on the field carrying injuries also. 

With a few players coming back next week I hope we beat Sheffield and put ourselves in a great position to stay up. With the amount of players unavailable (Bullock, Aspinwall, Johnston, S Toal, Hulme, Charnock, Morrow, Cresswell, Walker, Litherland and maybe more I've missed) we are doing well just to turn a side out. 

2 minutes ago, joe142 said:

I think curtly was a disgrace today as he always is here,always seems to go with opposing team in 50/50. He shouldn't be allowed to officiate here 

Nothing new there - he is terrified to give a decision in favour of Barrow. In his defence he shouldn't be put under that pressure by the RFL!

15 hours ago, steve75 said:

Nothing new there - he is terrified to give a decision in favour of Barrow. In his defence he shouldn't be put under that pressure by the RFL!

Got to agree with this, Curtly is scared stiff, and very rarely gives a decision to Barrow. Apparently he has stated that he hates Barrow, and if this is true, the RFL should not be sending him to officiate  in barrow games.

Iv'e always said I wouldn't like to be a referee and I admire anyone who decides to take up the onerous mantle.. However,  in life, some people are good at what they do and others not so. I think yesterday we had the latter. I only mentioned the handshakes as someone in the crowd said look what the ref's doing now. I looked and saw him in the middle of the French team on the stand side, shaking hands with all. I can only post what I observed. Maybe someone saw different. As for refs, they all hate Barrow don't they? Except for Gareth.

Jesus tonight .. The man in the middle on Sunday had very little to do , apart from blow his whistle for Barrow to kick off  again and again . Even a flowing , beautiful 60metre try from Toulouse was deemed the refs fault from the terraces ... 

I didn't realise Scott was from Cumbria . He's one of the better ones coming through and God doesn't our game need a few. 

I prefer to concentrate on the dropped balls and missed tackles than blame a ref 

Toulouse were a cut above some of their tries were sublime but the Ref didn't seem to cut Barrow much slack. 4 Toulouse tries were blatant forward passes but he chose to let them go anyway.....he also missed several Raiders forward passes as well.

We need bodies back for the 8's or we are going to struggle big time

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

9 hours ago, wonderofwood said:

Jesus tonight .. The man in the middle on Sunday had very little to do , apart from blow his whistle for Barrow to kick off  again and again . Even a flowing , beautiful 60metre try from Toulouse was deemed the refs fault from the terraces ... 

I didn't realise Scott was from Cumbria . He's one of the better ones coming through and God doesn't our game need a few. 

I prefer to concentrate on the dropped balls and missed tackles than blame a ref 

Now now Woody, calm down, you cant talk sense on here about referees!

Looking at the video I saw several "line balls" but even with the video I doubt that they are forward. It is the timing and the positioning of the stand-off as he passes the ball which makes them look forward. 

The ref. shaking hands with the other team - I bet he shook hands with the Raiders players as well - they tend to after every game. 

To be fair, he did shake hands with two Barrow players on his way to the dressing room.

The only thing I can't understand, not only this ref, but all of them, Why would a defender try to steal the ball on the last tackle, in the attackers half, I could understand the attacker trying to fool the ref, and losing it, 

Archived