What will it take?

Blind side johnny

5 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

And yet he still probably is collecting his contractual wages!!  ... with an injured toe!!!!   Many players play with injuries .. Is he really injured?? .... or Is he sulking (for whatever reason ) ... is he collecting his contractual wages?? .... If he is... its .... well I can't say what I really think on here as I would have to censor myself!!  I hope he is truly injured and might recover in time to give us the impetus and quality that we will need from all our contracted players to survive relegation! ...... just my thoughts and opinion!

Yes he's still collecting his contractual money because unfortunately no matter what we think he's entitled to it.

If only we'd have listened to what Batley, Fev and Halifax fan's where saying when we offered him that 2yr contract,isn't hindsight a wonderful thing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Yes he's still collecting his contractual money because unfortunately no matter what we think he's entitled to it.

If only we'd have listened to what Batley, Fev and Halifax fan's where saying when we offered him that 2yr contract,isn't hindsight a wonderful thing.

I'm surprised he hasn't put himself forward for selection against the dogs, in order to impress them enough for them to want to sign him. Batley is, after all, his spiritual home, and the only club to truly appreciate him.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

If the contract says a player must be paid when not playing, you would think that the club would have a clause indicating no pay if he is "pulling a fast one", but it is our club so we probably didn't think anybody would "pull a fast one". Then again, how do you determine if a player is skiving?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

2 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

I'm surprised he hasn't put himself forward for selection against the dogs, in order to impress them enough for them to want to sign him. Batley is, after all, his spiritual home, and the only club to truly appreciate him.

How can you appreciate someone who treats your club like ?

2 hours ago, coolie said:

I reckon we swop Gareth Moore for      1 petrol strimmer

3 rakes

20 bin liners

1 gallon of petrol

For the volunteers aka working party. 

I reckon you have priced yourself out of the market there Coolie.

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

I reckon you have priced yourself out of the market there Coolie.

OK... And yes a little ambitious 

I'll revise the deal

1 petrol strimmer

10 bin liners

2 racks

And 2 litres of petrol

;)

I'd had a thought that we could use him to cut the grass, but if he does it as fast as he runs, it will be like painting the Forth Bridge, by the time he has finished, it will be time to start again. 

Only kidding if you read this Deano! ;)

Nice. I know that a number of the players read this forum so they must really be looking forward to picking up an injury then reading the speculation about themselves. Has NK said there is an issue with GM?

Now that Rob Spicer, what a skiver!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 hours ago, graham fisher said:

How can you appreciate someone who treats your club like ?

He was the best thing since sliced bread when he was playing for them - course he's become rubbish since. :D

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

3 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

He was the best thing since sliced bread when he was playing for them - course he's become rubbish since. :D

he hasn't become rubbish....he just tends to go awol....or throws the dummy out....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

11 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Nice. I know that a number of the players read this forum so they must really be looking forward to picking up an injury then reading the speculation about themselves. Has NK said there is an issue with GM?

I only go on what a few of the players tell me ?

15 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Well if he IS reading this then "Get well soon soon Gaz - we need you on the pitch, showing commitment to the cause and your undoubted talent ". If he isn't reading this, will somebody pass it on, because we need a decent HB on the pitch any day soon.

George Bernard Shaw.

4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I only go on what a few of the players tell me ?

You should hear what some of your mates say about you!

??

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Well if he IS reading this then "Get well soon soon Gaz - we need you on the pitch, showing commitment to the cause and your undoubted talent ". If he isn't reading this, will somebody pass it on, because we need a decent HB on the pitch any day soon.

I've just been talking to him and he'll be back for play offs, hopefully ☺

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

You should hear what some of your mates say about you!

??

Haha I can imagine ?

43 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

With Gareth Moore I the side we'd have won 3-4 more games and be on for 7th place. Being knocked out off the ball by the London Broncos thug didn't help. Hope he is back for the playoffs. He is the missing link.

Strange I always thought Tranquilizer was the missing link and we haven't heard much from him lately, guess he's still got his tongue stuck in his banjo strings

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

12 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Strange I always thought Tranquilizer was the missing link and we haven't heard much from him lately, guess he's still got his tongue stuck in his banjo strings

Don't worry I'm sure he'll be back at some point Sunday evening with his well thought out assessment of the game ?

Thanks to Batley generously gifting us the points yesterday (they lost the game, we didn't win it - I know this because it says so on their forum) the calculations take on a slightly different slant. We now look likely to finish 9th, meaning that we should be facing Barrow, Swinton and whoever finishes 6th (Fev?) at home with the remainder away. Two wins from these fixtures should suffice to guarantee survival for another season; three would be even better.

Something that I was unaware of is that, according to Mark Sawyer's comments in yesterday's programme, there will be no semi-final play-offs for the plate with the top two teams simply going straight into the final. Given the points spread in the league this will mean that the teams finishing in 5th and 6th place won't be caught. This could have serious implications for those clubs battling against relegation as these two teams might well choose to rest certain players in "dead rubber" games.

We live in interesting times.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Thanks to Batley generously gifting us the points yesterday (they lost the game, we didn't win it - I know this because it says so on their forum) the calculations take on a slightly different slant. We now look likely to finish 9th, meaning that we should be facing Barrow, Swinton and whoever finishes 6th (Fev?) at home with the remainder away. Two wins from these fixtures should suffice to guarantee survival for another season; three would be even better.

Something that I was unaware of is that, according to Mark Sawyer's comments in yesterday's programme, there will be no semi-final play-offs for the plate with the top two teams simply going straight into the final. Given the points spread in the league this will mean that the teams finishing in 5th and 6th place won't be caught. This could have serious implications for those clubs battling against relegation as these two teams might well choose to rest certain players in "dead rubber" games.

The top two will be whomever finished in 5th and 6th. Leigh and Fev are 16 points clear already before the final weekend. Worst case is they will be 14 points clear plus a massive points difference advantage. So pretty much 7 pointless games for them.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Has that been confirmed anywhere BSJ? 'Asking for a friend...' ?

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Has that been confirmed anywhere BSJ? 'Asking for a friend...' ?

It was news to me LM. I only read the comments in yesterday's programme and can't find any other verification.

On the other hand trying to find out competition structures in our game can be a work of art. It took me ages to dig out the eights matrix for a start.

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

The top two will be whomever finished in 5th and 6th. Leigh and Fev are 16 points clear already before the final weekend. Worst case is they will be 14 points clear plus a massive points difference advantage. So pretty much 7 pointless games for them.

Pretty well, except the highest placed team will stage the final I believe.

Archived