Bradford

jayemm

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be optimistic, 2 years ago we nearly didn't have a team to support, iam enjoying every minute of this season we have a truly good side to be proud of .

Bulls on Sunday is going to be a fantastic advert for league 1 whatever the result.

Up the fantastic kneets???

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Let's be optimistic, 2 years ago we nearly didn't have a team to support, iam enjoying every minute of this season we have a truly good side to be proud of .

Bulls on Sunday is going to be a fantastic advert for league 1 whatever the result.

Up the fantastic kneets???

I can't remember where I read it plus it was before I started following YCK but someone said it's only 3 years since volunteers were helping to put temporary seats up for a Knights game at Heworth.

Fast forward to now, and I'd imagine 400 or so will be travelling across to Odsal with the expectation of giving former Super League and WCC champions Bradford a game. The club and everyone connected with it have come a long way in those 3 years.

1 hour ago, AB Knight said:

I can't remember where I read it plus it was before I started following YCK but someone said it's only 3 years since volunteers were helping to put temporary seats up for a Knights game at Heworth.

Fast forward to now, and I'd imagine 400 or so will be travelling across to Odsal with the expectation of giving former Super League and WCC champions Bradford a game. The club and everyone connected with it have come a long way in those 3 years.

Think there will be more than 400

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Yes,York deserve all the credit thay are now getting. At least they are trying to improve their stadium,their support and their aims for promotion unlike some S.L teams who are quite content to play in sub standard stadiums with sub standard crowds and just grab any money on offer.I personally would be delighted if Elstone stuck to his word and get rid of the "dead wood" who have made no effort to improve S.L.Hopefully in the 8,s Toronto and any of the other contenders from the Championship save Elstone the trouble and get rid of a couple of them .Let us then see the progress they make without any "parachute payments" to get them through.

For those of you coming over to Odsal for the game and are paying on the gate, just be aware that we don't have turnstiles in a traditional sense any more. 

You'll need to buy a ticket from the ticket office and then enter through the gates - the ticket office is through the main gate across the road from The Top House

1 hour ago, AB Knight said:

Someone on the general forum has commented to say more than 4000 tickets have already been sold, should be a big crowd.

They may even pass our ‘record’ for the season. ?

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

13 hours ago, Boyny said:

Travelling over by train on Sunday. Do we go to Bradford interchange or Forster Square? Decent boozers?

It doesn't really matter as far as I can see. Interchange is closer but there's only about half a mile in it. The ground is a couple of miles out, so might want to consider a bus or taxi if you don't fancy walking that far.

Decent boozers I've no idea.

Sundays referee apparently is......... the same one who had the game when the two sides met at Bootham Crescent. Hope that is not an omen.

I just hope he controls the areas around the tackle properly, if he does we could see a very good game indeed between two quality sides.

George talking his way in - Kear wont leave him out, will he ?

Flanagan said: "I didn't play in the first match against York as I was still a Hunslet player, but this game has been in the back of my mind for weeks, although I know that we take things week by week.

"It is one of those games that I am desperate to play in, and I hope that I have done enough to get a shot this week, although obviously Vila (Halafihi) and Sam (Hallas) are playing well together, but with it being as tough as glass out there that will stand us in good stead, and I hope that we get those two points."

Having joined the Bulls from Hunslet in February, the 31-year-old scored two tries against his old club after seven weeks out with a broken hand.

He said of last Sunday's return to South Leeds Stadium, where the Bulls won 36-16: "It felt good to be playing again and I have missed it.

17 hours ago, Boyny said:

Travelling over by train on Sunday. Do we go to Bradford interchange or Forster Square? Decent boozers?

I would recommend Interchange as you can get a bus from there to Odsal (or whatever they call it these days) and there are trains from York direct to Bradford Interchange at 17 mins past the hour.

Can't comment on pubs, I do know there is one just outside Interchange station but can't comment on its quality.

Blacknight, I would not recommend the one outside the Interchange unless you can fight.Get straight up to Odsal and go into the Top House or Cue Gardens.Last season the Top House won the R.L. pub of the year.It will be packed however,you might have to stand outside along with many others.Like Rugby League of old,genuine R.L. supporters mingling together.

13 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Blacknight, I would not recommend the one outside the Interchange unless you can fight.Get straight up to Odsal and go into the Top House or Cue Gardens.Last season the Top House won the R.L. pub of the year.It will be packed however,you might have to stand outside along with many others.Like Rugby League of old,genuine R.L. supporters mingling together.

Thanks for the advise fairfolly, unfortuately I won't be at the game having made the mistake of letting the wife book a holiday. So it will be a few pints of San Miguel watching the live stream.

Got my tickets today. Bit of a shock to the system having to pay for kids after getting used to the fantastic offer the Knights make, should be an RL wide scheme in my opinion.

AND Bradford charge £3 more for adults, that's £21 more I've paid in total than Bradford fans will have had to pay for the same group (2 adults & 3 kids) at York. 

Hope they spend it wisely...

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Archived