Bradford

jayemm

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on how long you're planning on being around in Bradford, might I suggest https://indiequarterbradford.wordpress.com/bars-and-pubs/

There's a number of very good bars along there including The Record Cafe and The Sparrow. Though they are a little way out of the way for getting to Odsal. 

But there's plenty of buses that run out of the Interchange that drop off outside The Top House - just be aware that there's more than one bus company that run buses in that area so if you get a day ticket you might want to make sure which bus company your ticket will work on. 

That being said, there's a couple of taxi companies that you can call to get a taxi up to Odsal for about £4 which most bars will be able to call for you.

I've been to about 10 matches at Odsal, every single time away fans have stood behind the sticks (there's only one end where you are allowed to stand, the other end is a corporate suite).

I assume to transfer to seating costs extra. The main Bulls support stand in the West stand so I'd hope those York fans who are ok with standing go together behind the sticks. 

Oh and bring a coat, it's always cold at Odsal!

45 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Got my tickets today. Bit of a shock to the system having to pay for kids after getting used to the fantastic offer the Knights make, should be an RL wide scheme in my opinion.

AND Bradford charge £3 more for adults, that's £21 more I've paid in total than Bradford fans will have had to pay for the same group (2 adults & 3 kids) at York. 

Hope they spend it wisely...

13 quid for us O.A.P.s compared to a tenner.

36 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

I've been to about 10 matches at Odsal, every single time away fans have stood behind the sticks (there's only one end where you are allowed to stand, the other end is a corporate suite).

I assume to transfer to seating costs extra. The main Bulls support stand in the West stand so I'd hope those York fans who are ok with standing go together behind the sticks. 

Oh and bring a coat, it's always cold at Odsal!

I hope people stand on the terrace at the side of the pitch if I’m honest, that’s where I’ll be. Standing behind the sticks is rubbish. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Five of us going and our tickets are in the standing at the side of the pitch. With Simon, standing behind the sticks is not the best but, each to their own. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

1 hour ago, White Knight said:

East stand (seating) holds 4,890.

West stand holds 9,309.

Get there early and take your pick!

BDEB9F15-9437-4E16-86E6-7CCA16293160.jpeg

FAABF681-9A74-4A57-BCAE-484C3A4101C8.jpeg

Hope York fans are near halfway line under the portacabins, that's were I will be ,best view , all the Bradford fans will be opposite.

Up the noisy kneets???

2 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Got my tickets today. Bit of a shock to the system having to pay for kids after getting used to the fantastic offer the Knights make, should be an RL wide scheme in my opinion.

AND Bradford charge £3 more for adults, that's £21 more I've paid in total than Bradford fans will have had to pay for the same group (2 adults & 3 kids) at York. 

Hope they spend it wisely...

Turns out kids are free if you get tickets from the Knights, although they are still £5 if you pay on the gate. Good job I get my maths skills from my mother.

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

33 minutes ago, Haxbytyke said:

Thought Johnson was serving a 1 match ban?

Can’t see anything on the disciplinary part of the RFL website. Either it’s sending off sufficient or his hearing hasn’t happened yet I reckon. 

Back to the match itself, Bradford fans please correct me on any of this but they seem to be slow out of the blocks. They were 10 or 12-0 down at Newcastle, Doncaster took an early lead at Odsal, Coventry were in the lead at the 20 or so minute mark, took them a while to build up a big lead at Hemel, and it was nip and tuck early on at home to Newcastle (and possibly London Skolars too). That seems to be their weakness, but then in true John Kear style they slowly get into the game before taking control.

They have a real purple patch either side of half time. For me, we need to still be in the game at half time, can't be more than a score or two behind. And please start the second half more intelligently, I've mentioned before our competition rate for the first set of the 2nd half is about 25%, kicking out on the full, knock ons etc going for the power play, it just invites pressure. Play that all important start to the 2nd half with one man rugby, kick the damn thing into touch then slowly build from there. If we can go into the last 20mins still in the game I'll fancy our chances because one of the biggest improvements this season is the fitness of the players.

Finally, no dodgy 80th minute refereeing decisions. Simples! 

GAME DAY GUIDE  

Tickets are available in the club shop and in the Ticket Office. The Ticket Office is cash only.

TEAM SHOP Our Team Shop is open 12 PM - 4 PM on the day.

TICKET OFFICE On the day of the game, our ticket office opens at 1:30 PM.

ONLINE You can purchase your tickets online by this is the best way to buy to save time on the day and receive a DISCOUNT for pre-purchased tickets.

PARKING Limited parking is available on the day of the game at the price of £5 per car. 

ENTRY POINTS Gates 3 & 5 will open at 1:30 PM. Please note that tickets cannot be bought at the gates.

DISABLED ACCESS For further information – contact sean.moran@bradfordbulls.co.uk.

INSIDE THE STADIUM The ideal place to meet for the York fans will be the Marquee Bar right next to the ATM Events Community Kids Zone. The Marquee Bar staff will be wearing York City Knights shirts to make you feel right at home. As well as the great service there is plenty of drinks to choose from including craft beer and real ale from the Bradford Brewery. The bar will be visited by both York City Knights and Bradford Bulls players before kick-off. There is also plenty of other drink, food and snack outlets available to keep you watered, happy and content. The ATM Events Community Kids Zone can be found right outside the Marquee Bar and will have inflatables and activities for children. Come and compete in the passing challenge against the Bulls 1st Team Squad players.  

ENJOY GAMEDAY HOSPITALITY WHEN THE BULLS TAKE ON YORK CITY KNIGHTS!   You can enjoy the game with our silver Hospitality package, which includes a delicious Two-Course meal. This week anyone that has purchased a ticket for hospitality will have a chance to win Jordan Lilley’s signed shirt from the 2017 Summer Bash.   Guests will be joined by a past player as well as members of the first team squad.   After the match, you will hear from the Man of the Match and be joined by the rest of the playing squad.   Guests will also, hear from John Kear following the game for his thoughts on the match. Within the package, you will receive a two-course meal, a pass for Car Park D and live entertainment.   Tickets are priced at £24.95 for Bradford Bulls Season Ticket Holders and £44.95 for non-Season Ticket holders.   To secure your place or for further information, please contact the Commercial Team on: 01274 762313 or email Tracey.erby@bradfordbulls.co.uk 

12 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Never knew that, oh well I'm happy to stand wherever so long as most of us are stood together. 

Follow the shirt's, there will bre plenty of us .

We the 18th man will be needed, York and proud.

Up the noisy kneets???

Boy sure wish i could pop over for this one, it's going to be a barnburner...!!  anyone know if it'll be streamed so i can watch in Toronto...?

5 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

Boy sure wish i could pop over for this one, it's going to be a barnburner...!!  anyone know if it'll be streamed so i can watch in Toronto...?

Think Bradford stream all their games apart from Workington away?

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Archived