Sheffield Stewards

Therein73

Having attended the game at Sheffield's palatial surroundings today (What a joke !! ) I was struck by the distinct lack of stewards........... I didn't see any : The only shiny jackets that I could see were those of the ball boys............... WHY do we have to provide as many plastic police as we do, yet Sheffield seemingly don't have a requirement to do so ???

An attendance of 429 might explain it -- but they couldn't know that beforehand.................. 

And, as regards the attendance, I was gobsmacked by the cheeky gob in their ' stand ' ( an even bigger joke) who shouted "Thanks for your 29 Dewsbury" when the attendance was announced..........

Bit rich that from the Taxi Army...........especially when there was clearly more Red,Amber & Black to be seen than Red & Gold..................

Yes, I'm biased against Sheffield -- and that's only reinforced by the muppet supporters they actually have AND that infuriating, moronic drummer and his instrument (which clearly can't be that big)

Shame these St Helens reserves probably won't get relegated................

This was explained at the fans' forum, in that there is no simple logic nor seemingly sense behind the requirements for stewarding at grounds. Hence Batley's requirement seems to be less than ours - it isn't a case of them pulling a fast one, it is simply a case of clubs having different individual requirements placed upon them by the licencing authorities, which generally are the local authority; Kirklees in our case. It isn't fair or equitable, nor has it ever been simce the current legislation was enated, but to arbitarily ignore the stewarding requirements could result in the loss of the ground licence, so we would not be allowed to hold matches in front of paying spectators.

The general requirements aren't specifically prescriptive but have broad guideline which are open tp interpretation by whoever issues the licence for the ground. These licences are issued whenever any major ground changes take place. So, in one sense, the number of stewards required at our ground has been determined by us opening up the Eastern terrace, as demanded by fans some years ago, resulting in the new requirements being placed upon us. If you don't alter or improve your ground then the requirements themselves should also remain unaltered, unless legislation changes.

And yes, some of the Sheffield fans can be a pain, but we can balance that out by the fact that evry one of ours is a paragon of virtue.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, ramsfandan said:

sheffield fans little mummys boys and jeremy corbyn wannabes

Unlike our bunch of fairminded intellectuals? (You missed out snowflake by the way.)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 hours ago, Therein73 said:

................. Yeah, but at least none of 'em bring a drum with them BSJ............. Who ever thinks it's a good idea to allow a flaming drum in that small covered enclosure really needs their bumps feeling

I've always thought we should have a drum. Then again I sit in the posh seats and I'm deaf. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

12 hours ago, Therein73 said:

................. Yeah, but at least none of 'em bring a drum with them BSJ............. Who ever thinks it's a good idea to allow a flaming drum in that small covered enclosure really needs their bumps feeling

Of course I agree T73, but according the their website you are only allowed to bring musical instruments into their ground if you have previously applied for a permit, so maybe we should instigate such a restriction too? (I don't know if a kazoo is classified as a musical instrument.)

2 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

I've always thought we should have a drum. Then again I sit in the posh seats and I'm deaf. ;)

Then the posh seats would be the perfect position for the drummer - problem solved!

25 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Then the posh seats would be the perfect position for the drummer - problem solved!

:O:fie:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived