Moving forward from haven defeat

Townfan1992

Ide like to be optimistic and say we have 4 games coming up which SHOULD be winnable. Today is a blip in the road. Let's get behind the boys and make third place ours. We had 4 or 5 players who would be in the 18 missing today and I think that says alot. UTT

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put the Derby behind us and get back to doing the basics right and completing our sets better than we have been lately.This team is not good enough for promotion but we have a very good nucleus to build on for next season and the way we are developing off the field I have every confidence that good times are not far away.

Yes we lost yesterday but the friend I brought with me enjoyed the game and will be back again and if we can all just persuade someone to come to the remaining home games with us it may just help get extra finances into the club to help build for next season.And I know which of the 2 West Cumbrian teams have the better Business plan to sustain a viable team for the future.

23 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Yes we lost yesterday but the friend I brought with me enjoyed the game and will be back again .....

Ditto

15 minutes ago, Oneday said:

Whatever the result it certainly was great entertainment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 7/16/2018 at 12:16 AM, Town Army said:

2 point's lost today nothing more.

The manner of defeat will hurt but we've plenty of experience to bounce back 3 wins from the next 4 games as a minimum hopefully 4 from 4 NWC be a tough test.

Not yet David. Obviously taking him as long to get over it as me!! He does normally tweet something after a game win or lose but nothing yet. But there again he does have a life outside rugby, I’m sure we’ll hear his thoughts at some point.

Leon's comments :-

“It shouldn’t take a verbal ear bashing from me at half-time to get us playing because it’s happened too many times that we give teams points start," said Pryce.

“The first half was very poor but we did better after half-time and, when we went 10 points up with seven minutes left, I thought that was a fair reflection.

"There is no way we should have lost that game with a 22-12 lead. Our game management wasn’t good enough.

“There were some positives but the biggest thing is that it isn’t the end of the world and it might have come at the right time to serve as a reality check."

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

21 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Leon's comments :-

“It shouldn’t take a verbal ear bashing from me at half-time to get us playing because it’s happened too many times that we give teams points start," said Pryce.

“The first half was very poor but we did better after half-time and, when we went 10 points up with seven minutes left, I thought that was a fair reflection.

"There is no way we should have lost that game with a 22-12 lead. Our game management wasn’t good enough.

“There were some positives but the biggest thing is that it isn’t the end of the world and it might have come at the right time to serve as a reality check."

Very accurate assessment, measured comments and he clearly took some time to compose himself before providing a very professional response.

Far better than a knee jerk reaction given immediately after a game, particularly one which we should have won.

I agree with the first paragraph , it is happening to often in the meaningful games , but the last paragraph is the one .. I’m not sure what a reality check means but if he’s saying again we need to learn from it then ok ,,but as he said first up we haven’t been . Will we ... that’s gonna determine the rest of the season because if we keep repeating the same sloppy and dumb patches and playing only for some of a game we will struggle to push on in the games that matter and it’ll be one step forward one back . It’s so frustrating that we’ve totally blew 6 points , even 8 with better game management at Cougars, and it reduces your margin of error every time it happens in matches to come .  We’re either slow learners or the personnel can’t consistently manage what he wants. Either way it’s a big job for everyone now and it’s a real dogfight 

U maybe should have closed out the game but you didn’t and you got beat again buy a  injury hit team not playing great at the min who’s team is basically knackered and it’s the 3 straight loss I believe accept defeat by the better team it’s not hard 

1 minute ago, Havenfan13 said:

U maybe should have closed out the game but you didn’t and you got beat again buy a  injury hit team not playing great at the min who’s team is basically knackered and it’s the 3 straight loss I believe accept defeat by the better team it’s not hard 

??you are quite repetetive marra. do you ever look at the the league table. 

9 minutes ago, town4me said:

??you are quite repetetive marra. do you ever look at the the league table. 

Yea do u not take take in what people are saying and wouldn’t have to repeat it ffs 

23 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

U maybe should have closed out the game but you didn’t and you got beat again buy a  injury hit team not playing great at the min who’s team is basically knackered

Pretty much like every team at this time of year or does that not count in your world. Let’s see, we had 6 players out injured and no doubt others who were playing with knocks. Haven’t heard anybody trying to make excuses, You won bask in the glory and accept rugby is a game where you pick injuries hope. Look forward to seeing how brilliant a fully fit haven are when they get out of 1st gear. I’m sure every team in the land is quaking.

1 hour ago, Brookie said:

Even Forster said we should have closed the game down

Forsters t/v interview, he was very fair saying Town were the best team in the second half, no disparaging remarks, however, it is easy to be magnanimous in victory.

What a shame that the interview took place on the speedway track D/P and our Coach was not available for comment, nor did any of our club officials make themselves available for comment ?

At leat we haven’t had mouse on and his marras pretending to be town fans. He’s on the haven forum on this site screenshotting what I said (Hya Mouse XX) which is a bit creepy. 

Im glad Leon has waited to comment rather than shooting off. It shows that he’s learning his trade and becoming more measured. Ideally he’d be measured with the press but I reckon it’s cos he’s a winner through bad through and not happy with second best which frustrates him.

Archived