Moving forward from haven defeat

Townfan1992

1 hour ago, town4me said:

No need to use foul language.  Its All this 3rd gear not hit their straps knackered playing while injured hero stuff I mean. 

Yea I get that I’m just stating the obv marra I’m very concerned we will not have a team for the weekend the way it’s looking 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, notasdaftasilook said:

Yeah that carlsberg response that was sent from the official haven account was certainly magnanimous. In fact given it was targeted at an individual was disgusting. 

Agreed. Certainly not what you’d expect. Whether or not that’s what they wanted to say it’s a bit unprofessional and childish to put it out from an official channel.

2 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

U maybe should have closed out the game but you didn’t and you got beat again buy a  injury hit team not playing great at the min who’s team is basically knackered and it’s the 3 straight loss I believe accept defeat by the better team it’s not hard 

We have all accepted the very painful defeat probably the worst I've had to witness in 55yrs of watching Town, it's up there with the last minute Lancs cup final defeat in 78. What we can't accept is being told we have been beaten by a bunch of world beaters who are still in 3rd gear. Looking back at both games this season I can't honestly remember haven creating anything in both games apart from the last minute tries, you barely made a line break in either game. We didn't turn up at the wreck played poorly but should have still won and on Sunday we just kept giving you the ball back in the first half then blew it after absolutely bossing you in the second half. I realise you must be still up in the clouds after that win but you need to take your haven goggles off and look back at how the games were really played out. The only thing that impressed me in both games was havens spirit and tackling, Bradford have nothing to fear.

23 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

We have all accepted the very painful defeat probably the worst I've had to witness in 55yrs of watching Town, it's up there with the last minute Lancs cup final defeat in 78. What we can't accept is being told we have been beaten by a bunch of world beaters who are still in 3rd gear. Looking back at both games this season I can't honestly remember haven creating anything in both games apart from the last minute tries, you barely made a line break in either game. We didn't turn up at the wreck played poorly but should have still won and on Sunday we just kept giving you the ball back in the first half then blew it after absolutely bossing you in the second half. I realise you must be still up in the clouds after that win but you need to take your haven goggles off and look back at how the games were really played out. The only thing that impressed me in both games was havens spirit and tackling, Bradford have nothing to fear.

Outstanding mate , was thinking exactly the same . They won , well done but this wounded band of brothers routine pure in team spirit and unity dragging them through adversity , especially against our dastardly bunch of money seeking individuals , despite playing rubbish is starting to grate . I wouldn’t worry about injuries you’ll drag yourselves through to victory  with one man . Honestly they were  bang average , and we never ever turned up for over a half of the game , had it won after a decent ( not great ) patch then lost it . We lost it ( as their fans were leaving ) . It says a bit about us , but we have much much more potential in us and room for better which we could bang on about to . That game was about us and how we mismanaged it and blew it , but we were the worst I’d seen here this year and should have won comfy - what does that say .The superiority special routine is wearing thin . Well done , we’re gutted , we both go on and we’ll see where we end up 

2 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

The game changed when we lost Dion and burns and lost shacks to the sin bin apart from that haven wer in complete control that’s when u got on top but we had a bit of class still in us to finish the job off something town couldn’t do 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Outstanding mate , was thinking exactly the same . They won , well done but this wounded band of brothers routine pure in team spirit and unity dragging them through adversity , especially against our dastardly bunch of money seeking individuals , despite playing rubbish is starting to grate . I wouldn’t worry about injuries you’ll drag yourselves through to victory  with one man . Honestly they were  bang average , and we never ever turned up for over a half of the game , had it won after a decent ( not great ) patch then lost it . We lost it ( as their fans were leaving ) . It says a bit about us , but we have much much more potential in us and room for better which we could bang on about to . That game was about us and how we mismanaged it and blew it , but we were the worst I’d seen here this year and should have won comfy - what does that say .The superiority special routine is wearing thin . Well done , we’re gutted , we both go on and we’ll see where we end up 

Haven lost the game and won it back through losing  players during the game to injury and sin bin what it was for I have no idea by the way. haven bossed the game up until then you made a move And still couldn’t get the job done that’s 3 defeats this season 5 in the last year do you not get the picture  enough said 

Well now the dust has settled and they have had their afternoon of glory we are both still in the same position as  before with Haven facing an uncertain future , shortage of funds,dodgy directors, and not much silverware to show since joining the league. On the other hand here we are with some good directors, a glorious history in the game, looking forward to possibly a new stadium, and the makings of a decent squad if they could find some consistency. So I bet no Townies would trade places with a Haven supporter on the back of a lucky win however gutted they may feel.    UTT.

1 minute ago, Old standoff said:

Well now the dust has settled and they have had their afternoon of glory we are both still in the same position as  before with Haven facing an uncertain future , shortage of funds,dodgy directors, and not much silverware to show since joining the league. On the other hand here we are with some good directors, a glorious history in the game, looking forward to possibly a new stadium, and the makings of a decent squad if they could find some consistency. So I bet no Townies would trade places with a Haven supporter on the back of a lucky win however gutted they may feel.    UTT.

Yes yes yes you have won a few trophies and like to live in the past we know all that. Well I know which squad and coach I’d rather have and it ain’t towns but on the teams position I agree time will tell 

Well you seem to have been beaten by a less than average team who never produced any line breaks etc etc and were basically very poor. This happened to you on two occasions in the league this season and cost you four league points. Still you won't have to worry about us again as we are that bad we won't be anywhere near the play offs surely?

Not been funny H13 but why don't you go on your own site now and bum your team up? Every town fan has congratulated you on your win on this forum and have been very graceful in defeat something that your forum find hard to do when the shoe is on the other foot. I would now be concentrating all my efforts in helping my club find the short fall they still have and hoping they can raise a team in the coming weeks and hope the wheels don't fall off, again well done on your win. 

3 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Not been funny H13 but why don't you go on your own site now and bum your team up? Every town fan has congratulated you on your win on this forum and have been very graceful in defeat something that your forum find hard to do when the shoe is on the other foot. I would now be concentrating all my efforts in helping my club find the short fall they still have and hoping they can raise a team in the coming weeks and hope the wheels don't fall off, again well done on your win. 

So I can’t defend my team when certain idiots are giving opinions very far from the truth and when I’m trying to correct them opinions I’m in the wrong and should go to the haven forum that makes me the big bad wolf come on man get a grip. Thanks for the congratulations again it’s apreciated I would be first to do the same if and when the tables are reversed ?

4 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Yes yes yes you have won a few trophies and like to live in the past we know all that. Well I know which squad and coach I’d rather have and it ain’t towns but on the teams position I agree time will tell 

Yes yes yes , We have won a few trophy’s  and  unlike yourselves it is very nice having a glorious past to live in and the hope that one day those days may return

6 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

Well you seem to have been beaten by a less than average team who never produced any line breaks etc etc and were basically very poor. This happened to you on two occasions in the league this season and cost you four league points. Still you won't have to worry about us again as we are that bad we won't be anywhere near the play offs surely?

Jesus will you shut up for gods sake, stop bloody whining, its utterly pathetic. 

4 minutes ago, Old standoff said:

Yes yes yes , We have won a few trophy’s  and  unlike yourselves it is very nice having a glorious past to live in and the hope that one day those days may return

Well in my time supporting haven in the last 15 years haven have won the league trophy and graced a few finals and that’s more than town in that time so il take that it’s ok to live in the past but that’s when you struggle to get out of it 

12 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Actually if I’m being magnanimous you’ve done reasonably well for an 8 year old club. 

30 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

But we had a bit of class still in us to finish the job off something town couldn’t do 

Shame you lot and your club have shown zero class since the final whistle though. 

7 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

So I can’t defend my team when certain idiots are giving opinions very far from the truth and when I’m trying to correct them opinions I’m in the wrong and should go to the haven forum that makes me the big bad wolf come on man get a grip. Thanks for the congratulations again it’s apreciated I would be first to do the same if and when the tables are reversed ?

Trouble is we can’t get on yours to say anything. Moonies.com

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

Shame you lot and your club have shown zero class since the final whistle though. 

Did I abuse any player coach or fan did town yes was I part of it no i wouldn’t lower myself it’s a game nothing more some people need to have a shake and a reality check 

2 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

Trouble is we can’t get on yours to say anything. Moonies.com

Why not sign up have your opinion like anyone else pal I do agree that people get banned for very little and i don’t agree with it 

3 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

Better things to do. There’s more of you on here than on your own so no real need to sign up I suppose 

It’s a forum pal that’s what they are for 

16 minutes ago, dkw said:

Jesus will you shut up for gods sake, stop bloody whining, its utterly pathetic. 

The whining is coming from your fellow posters abut how lucky and how bad we were so refer your remarks to them.

I actually think there isn’t a huge amount between the 2 teams and either could beat the other on any given day.

That said I’d expect a full Town side to edge it.

The bottom line is barring 2 brain farts Town would be 8 points ahead of Haven - but they aren’t. But if both teams results in their remaining fixtures mirror the first half of the season Town will be ahead of Haven. I’d hope Town finish 3rd and Haven 4th but I can’t see it unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

It’s a forum pal that’s what they are for 

Haven fans ruining another thread going off topic. Getting really boring now. I am sure they have plenty of problems they could be discussing on havens totalrl forum

Archived