Classy and humble

IanMac

The words used by, I believe, a Whitehaven fan describing towns tweet of congratulations to haven on winning yesterday. “ The other rather less so, sadly” The words used by the same person on havens tasteless tweet having a go at Leon. I think this sums up the difference between the two clubs. Yes you celebrate victory but retain the virtues of respect and sportsmanship. You accept defeat with dignity. In the aftermath of yesterday’s game one club upheld those virtues one didn’t. I know which one I’d rather be supporting. Congratulations to haven on the win, a script writer couldn’t have come up with that ending considering what had happened at the rec. To the town lads and staff hold your heads high, our opportunity for revenge will come but in that moment of victory don’t lose your sportsmanship, and respect. Utt. #ourtown

2 hours ago, IanMac said:

The words used by, I believe, a Whitehaven fan describing towns tweet of congratulations to haven on winning yesterday. “ The other rather less so, sadly” The words used by the same person on havens tasteless tweet having a go at Leon. I think this sums up the difference between the two clubs. Yes you celebrate victory but retain the virtues of respect and sportsmanship. You accept defeat with dignity. In the aftermath of yesterday’s game one club upheld those virtues one didn’t. I know which one I’d rather be supporting. Congratulations to haven on the win, a script writer couldn’t have come up with that ending considering what had happened at the rec. To the town lads and staff hold your heads high, our opportunity for revenge will come but in that moment of victory don’t lose your sportsmanship, and respect. Utt. #ourtown

Well said. 

2 hours ago, IanMac said:

Haven’t seen this but officially having a dig at the other coach is out of order and doesn’t do you any good from the outside . We hardly ever mention them officially from what I see . And this is a bloke who’s actually won things .... 

11 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Haven’t seen this but officially having a dig at the other coach is out of order and doesn’t do you any good from the outside . We hardly ever mention them officially from what I see . And this is a bloke who’s actually won things .... 

Not as a coach he hasn’t 

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

It's just poor and unneccessary. From begging to no class,  I dislike them with a passion. So a playoff victory would be a treat , 2nd play 5th and 3rd v 4th so it's possible 3rd v 4th , my god that would be some game.! 

Just now, Marrafan said:

Not as a coach he hasn’t 

He's in his first year ya Berk. Not even possible to win anything yet. 

Can't you see that your club look very poor to all apart from the people who support it. That tweet was poor end of. 

Marrafan. Your club has no class. Some (not all ) of your players have no class. Your coach has no class when he retweets and likes on twitter. Your fans goad Leon till he blocks them then gloats that he’s blocked them. Childish.  Your BOD has no class because they do the same. Our lot could have been all over you for the recent shambles at your place. Our club account is very dignified so fair play to them 

So your coach and chairman running round high fiving everyone at Whitehaven then sulking and not even speaking to his opposite number in either game is classy and humble is it? Your club voting against allowing Whitehaven in the league was sporting was it? Stop being so sanctimonious. There’s plenty of times your club has been far from humble or classy. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

All the gloating was started by town fans winding foz up and when he reacts you don’t like it then Try to turn the tables on whitehaven the club itself we have just won a very good derby for God’s sake of course we are overreacting but to say about being classy and unprofessional is ludacrus 

I’m talking about social media daft lad. The way that a club conducts itself to the outside world in front of sponsors and fans. Why do you think your sponsors experience is held in the boardroom cupboard? Why do you think you can’t get main sponsors?Why do you think outside of the due hards your fan base is reducing? Shocking club marra 

I’m sure Leon is at home now with his super league winners ring challenge cup winners trophies and GB and England caps gutted that Andrew from Woodhouse who still has a Whitehaven shirt with Muliumu on the Back is all over twitter using hashtag pryceless and Les incompetents who couldn’t run a bath could at least find a tweet that makes up for there lack of business acumen wondering if we can still finish third so he can match the impressive coaching career of Foster 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

18 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

So your coach and chairman running round high fiving everyone at Whitehaven then sulking and not even speaking to his opposite number in either game is classy and humble is it? Your club voting against allowing Whitehaven in the league was sporting was it? Stop being so sanctimonious. There’s plenty of times your club has been far from humble or classy. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

In this instance, whatever you may say or drag up from the archives, sorry wasn’t alive when we voted against letting Whitehaven in the league, your club have let themselves down on social media. Both clubs have an obligation to uphold the virtues of the game and to try and encourage the younger generation to become involved and participate. Whether that is done by posting mocking tweets who knows, your club are obviously quite happy to do it. I am happier with the way town seem to use it and hopefully it will pay dividends in the long term. Congrats again on the win hope your hangover wasn’t too bad this morning.

1 hour ago, notasdaftasilook said:

Marrafan. Your club has no class. Some (not all ) of your players have no class. Your coach has no class when he retweets and likes on twitter. Your fans goad Leon till he blocks them then gloats that he’s blocked them. Childish.  Your BOD has no class because they do the same. Our lot could have been all over you for the recent shambles at your place. Our club account is very dignified so fair play to them 

Taking it well then,CLASS

1 hour ago, Ginock1 said:

It's just poor and unneccessary. From begging to no class,  I dislike them with a passion. So a playoff victory would be a treat , 2nd play 5th and 3rd v 4th so it's possible 3rd v 4th , my god that would be some game.! 

He's in his first year ya Berk. Not even possible to win anything yet. 

Can't you see that your club look very poor to all apart from the people who support it. That tweet was poor end of. 

Only as good as your last game! Was possible to win Ike Southward trophy couldn’t manage that. Least he keeps baby shops in business spitting his dummies out.

24 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

Only as good as your last game! Was possible to win Ike Southward trophy couldn’t manage that. Least he keeps baby shops in business spitting his dummies out.

Really mate ? 

Archived