Hall to Roosters (Merged threads)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been expecting this. Sinfield recently named a "leadership group" of 5 players which didn't include Hall that sent alarm bells ringing.

Good luck to him. Probably will extend his international career too.

will have less impact than joe burgess at the roosters, this isn't bustling over the line against widnes or Salford, this is the nrl - gone too old - too fat, no experience in the nrl- play 4 games max then on the way back to hudds

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

28 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

13 of which were against France. Of all the things you could have mentioned, you mentioned that. 

16 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

will have less impact than joe burgess at the roosters, this isn't bustling over the line against widnes or Salford, this is the nrl - gone too old - too fat, no experience in the nrl- play 4 games max then on the way back to hudds

Both utter rubbish. I've criticised Hall for many reasons like him not always carrying his weight in the tackle as a man of his size should. But it is without doubt that he (and Mcgilvary) are the two most feared wingers by the Ozzies. He will almost certainly do well over there.

42 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Both utter rubbish. I've criticised Hall for many reasons like him not always carrying his weight in the tackle as a man of his size should. But it is without doubt that he (and Mcgilvary) are the two most feared wingers by the Ozzies. He will almost certainly do well over there.

Great post. I didn’t say that but saying “he’s England’s top tryscorer” as a way of talking him up instead of being an integral part of Leeds Rhinos’ achievements in the past ten years is like saying Cameron Smith is so good because he’s won the World Club Challenge. 

Hall is good. Very solid defence, brings the ball away well and can finish. He's a good replacement for a very good winger in Ferguson. I'm sure Hall will have a very good stint in Sydney and be a part of a decent outfit in the Roosters. 

11 hours ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

And...Wayne Rooney scored 5 times against San Marino

France RL can't be compared to San Marino....thats unfair to France who are generally a competitive outfit and have in their history beaten GB and OZ many times.... 

Italy minus the OZ players would probably be the equivalent level in RL... 

18 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

France RL can't be compared to San Marino....thats unfair to France who are generally a competitive outfit and have in their history beaten GB and OZ many times.... 

Italy minus the OZ players would probably be the equivalent level in RL... 

Then why mention France at all? 

14 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

Without wanting to get you too excited......you've clearly never seen him with his shirt off - certainly not fat ?

1 hour ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

Then why mention France at all? 

As his 13 tries v France was mentioned and you mentioned Rooney scored 5 v San Marino.... So it's a fair assumption to see a comparison is being made. France a bit better than that. 

11 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

As his 13 tries v France was mentioned and you mentioned Rooney scored 5 v San Marino.... So it's a fair assumption to see a comparison is being made. France a bit better than that. 

People were dismissing Halls tries against France. The point he was making was that nobody does that with Rooneys goals. So the fact France RL are better than San Marino proves his point. 

10 minutes ago, Southstander13 said:

If he plays on the left (as he has at Leeds) he'll be outside Latrell Mitchell, that's some combo! Particularly when you have Cooper Cronk feeding you and James Tedesco chiming in to the line too? I think he'll be fine!

Boyd Cordner as the back rower inside them as well....pretty much unstoppable in attack and impenetrable in defence. I mean they're no Keinhorst and Delaney but like you said, he'll do just fine in that side.  

I think the big thing in all this is who the coach is at the Roosters. Trent Robinson will know Hall well from his time in SL, so will know exactly what he's getting and will have done his research. It won't be done on a whim and therefore that would give me confidence (and should Hall too) that it will be a success. Having a coach who backs you is one of the key factors as to whether you'll likely be a success or not.

Archived