Match Thread: Featherstone Rovers v London Sunday 22nd July 2018

marklaspalmas

That's the price you pay for being in bed with the devil! They are Leeds players to do with as Leeds see fit, they owe us nothing. To be honest no one has really rated Lilley on this sight for some time. Jack hasn't been prominent on the M.O.M threads nearly anywhere as much as our own forwards. The only other 2 forwards of regular appearances for us seem now to be regulars in the Leeds starting line up. I have faith in our squad to deliver the goods. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

All not well in our relationship? Surely in Leeds' interest for us to get in over Leigh and would make sense for us to be strengthened as I think Leigh would beat them.

Perhaps Duffy liked more what he saw from Cameron Smith last week than he has from Jack.
Not convinced about Leigh beating Leeds. The Rhinos have been poor lately but they put 50 past Leigh in the Cup (albeit Leigh were down to 12 men) and they're starting to get one or two injured players back, whilst Leigh shipped 32 points to Rochdale last week.

33 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

All not well in our relationship? Surely in Leeds' interest for us to get in over Leigh and would make sense for us to be strengthened as I think Leigh would beat them.

Can’t see Leeds being trouble by any of the Championship teams to be honest, except perhaps Toronto away.

Interesting that in Jordan Lilleys' interview after joining Bradford Bulls yesterday he said London was one of the teams that was mentioned as a possible destination for him. London have been playing Cunningham at half back along with Pewhairangi, with Sammut only playing as interchange hooker lately, can't help wondering if something is not quite right about Sammut at the moment.

3 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Interesting that in Jordan Lilleys' interview after joining Bradford Bulls yesterday he said London was one of the teams that was mentioned as a possible destination for him. London have been playing Cunningham at half back along with Pewhairangi, with Sammut only playing as interchange hooker lately, can't help wondering if something is not quite right about Sammut at the moment.

Read elsewhere that he's moving to Cumbria at the end of the season - full time job with the Nuclear Constabulary.

1 minute ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Read elsewhere that he's moving to Cumbria at the end of the season - full time job with the Nuclear Constabulary.

I have never heard of that body until now.... and I've just googled it.....

Wow. You learn all sorts of sh it on these fora...... I'm a tad wiser now??

If rovers lose to London and they really give it their best shot probably blaming the ref then ok but if it is a case of not being up for the fight then that is just not acceptable these are good championship players and need to be fired up without accumulating any more match bans. We can cope with one or two having an off day but not the majority of the squad as was the case against fax.

I predicted a 12 point win against fax and look what happened so no predictions on this one but for sure London are certainly beatable on grass.

15 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

One of the arms of the law you don't mess with...  

my mates son has been with em for a few years now. carries a gun you know.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

16 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

One of the arms of the law you don't mess with...  

Presumably it's a foot longer and has two more joints than its non-irradiated counterpart. Would explain Sammut's handling skills if nothing else.

Watched the full London/Halifax game last night. Sammut didn't come on until more than half an hour had gone, replacing Pelissier at hooker. For the rest of the game he did nothing except simple passes from dummy half - one attempted scoot from a yard out that failed, one 10-yard kick into touch to run the clock down, and that was his contribution. He did go to half back when Cunningham limped off near the end, but London were playing clock control by that time anyway.

Does seem strange that London seem to have basically swapped their hooker and half back round halfway through the season, of course Sammut can still be a danger from acting half but he was a complete non-factor against Fax. He's missed two games completely recently too. He does seem to save his best for us though so it will be interesting to see what position he plays on Sunday.

Staying on a positive theme...one thing I did like to see in the Swinton game was that the team spirit seemed strong, players swarming round to congratulate each other when forcing a mistake and to support a player who had made a mistake themselves. We'll need all that team spirit this weekend.

19 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I have never heard of that body until now.... and I've just googled it.....

Wow. You learn all sorts of sh it on these fora...... I'm a tad wiser now??

We send a couple of loads of fly ash to Sellafield per month the drivers keep telling me they are not to be messed with

Squad announced
https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/walters-available-for-london-clash-ZGYGx

No rabbits pulled from hats in terms of a half back, though of course 19-man squads have been known to change before kick off.
Walters and Cameron Smith in, Wildie (suspended) and Thornton out from last week's 19-man squad, although Smith ended up playing for us at Swinton even though he wasn't in the original 19.

London squad unchanged
https://londonbroncosrl.com/news/broncos-squad-in-the-fight-for-top-four/

This quote from Danny Ward raised my eyebrows: " We can’t control the crowd or the referee or the changing rooms or the atmosphere. All we can do is make sure we are prepared for anything and everything.”

Never been in our changing rooms so I don't know what has clearly upset him about them, but I do know on more than one occasion at Ealing I've been queuing up for the gents with some of our players...

23 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Squad announced
https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/walters-available-for-london-clash-ZGYGx

No rabbits pulled from hats in terms of a half back, though of course 19-man squads have been known to change before kick off.
Walters and Cameron Smith in, Wildie (suspended) and Thornton out from last week's 19-man squad, although Smith ended up playing for us at Swinton even though he wasn't in the original 19.

London squad unchanged
https://londonbroncosrl.com/news/broncos-squad-in-the-fight-for-top-four/

So who from that lot is playing half back? 

5 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Unless either someone has been down and watched training this week, or unless a late decision is made that Ridyard is fit to play, I don't think any of us really know.

Thought that Ridyard was out until at least the Super 8’s. Had there been some talk of him playing?.

4 minutes ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

Hock the obvious 1 for me, been ball handling forward all year, play as an extra forward and get him to 1st reciever when we want to ship it out, could name any extra forward at 6, but think we will see him doing the ball handling when needed.

Isn’t Hock too slow for the half backs?

Archived