North Wales Crusaders

Dave Naylor

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, thecrab said:

Sadly I think the rallying call will fall on deaf ears, we're not playing well and who is up for watching the north Wales Crusaders? 350 tops.  We're in a right mess here!

Maybe not but we've got to try.. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. 

Just now, thecrab said:

Yeah of course we've got to try Failsworth, everything to gain.

I think you're right Moorside and it's not just Oldham, a lot of people have fallen out of love with the game. 

Mainly because its no longer a working class sport, its all about the elites and how much money they can make.

I dont give a hoot about the arguement about how much better off the players are by the way.

And this summer rugby lark also gets under my skin, as someone who played at amateur level the smell of wintergreen and the cold foggy conditions were part of the game.

3 hours ago, thecrab said:

Yeah of course we've got to try Failsworth, everything to gain.

I think you're right Moorside and it's not just Oldham, a lot of people have fallen out of love with the game. 

Attendances seem to be falling throughout the lower leagues and some in superleague especially Salford. It's a shame as the game's a great thing to watch.

My team for crusaders:

johnson, Kershaw, Reid, Mcomb, West, Wilkinson, Hooley, Joy, Owen, Spencer(or DR),bridge,langers, Bent subs: Nelmes, Hughes, Jones, Cunningham(hopefully) 

I would just like to see different half backs and it might give Hewitt and crook something to think about.

4 hours ago, YoungYed said:

My team for crusaders:

johnson, Kershaw, Reid, Mcomb, West, Wilkinson, Hooley, Joy, Owen, Spencer(or DR),bridge,langers, Bent subs: Nelmes, Hughes, Jones, Cunningham(hopefully) 

I would just like to see different half backs and it might give Hewitt and crook something to think about.

Agree with your team but question your half back pairing, dropping a recognised stand off and scrum half for a hooker and I don't know how much of stand off hooley has played? Owen would be better at stand off, wilko, Hughes or cunningham at Hooker. 

Glad to see lads coming back though 

Well I'm looking forward to the game even if you lot aren't!

Always great banter with the Oldham fans and our lot are coming in Fancy Dress too!

Cru Cru CRUSADERS!

On 7/17/2018 at 9:44 PM, moorside roughyed said:

Attendances seem to be falling throughout the lower leagues and some in superleague especially Salford. It's a shame as the game's a great thing to watch.

York and Gateshead seem to be bucking that trend.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I sadly can't afford to attend on Sunday. I know that the stand in head has made a call to the fans. Maybe it's past that. There has been chances to reduce the match day price but would it have changed the attendance against West Wales...... 

You need to pick a fixture and market through the roof a sexy fixture, bums on seats. 

You could issue vouchers for it say if you have attended the previous 3 you get £4 off

34 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

That's just two club's, it'd be interesting to see the stats comparing them with years gone by.

Newcastle only got 250 on Sunday them and York's average attendances have both been boosted by 4k plus home games against Bradford 

Archived