Batley

Blind side johnny

2 hours ago, scally said:

He does now that Bradford have come calling

Officially non-SL clubs cannot approach players who are contracted elsewhere before Sept 1st. Hence this is all rumour and conjecture.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, thehullram said:

First game in a while I’ve been able to get to. Impressed by Potts, Ryder, Sykes (as always), Walshaw, Knowles and Brown today. Be good to know the reasons some players don’t seem to be playing, be that injury, coach decision, or they have left the club. 

Maine great desire to win, first 20 mins after half time was very good. Both starting front rowers dropped too much ball, and we also dropped too much ball, made silly mistakes when we had the ball in their 20. Can’t remember us getting to a 6th tackle kick! 

I don't know which players you mean specifically HR, but most of the absentees are injured or have left the club. We are really down to the bare bones.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I don't know which players you mean specifically HR, but most of the absentees are injured or have left the club. We are really down to the bare bones.

Worrincy, speakman, spicer, Hallet and of course Moore. 

Well we won just,lots of errors on both sides-is that due to the heat?

How come Arundel comes straight into the team.

Was iggi.banned injured  or what?

Batley lady in front of me not happy when touch judge replaced the ref.

It started when winger put his foot in touch in first half and she definitely did not agree . 

2 hours ago, thehullram said:

Worrincy, speakman, spicer, Hallet and of course Moore. 

Hallett suspended, Worrincey, Moore & Spicer injured. I don't know why Speakman was missing.

Not that I should gloat but there is something particularly satisfying in beating the Gallant Yoths when the reality is they should have wrapped it up - they dropped the ball at least twice with the line at their mercy and although their first try had 3 forward passes and Leak was practising them all afternoon the one Sykes threw for Walshsaw’s Try was deliciously ironic. The Lord moves in mysterious ways and so do replacement referees! Can’t fault the spirit again though the defence is still a bit brittle but full marks for standing firm in the last few minutes. At least we now can calm down a bit and look forward to the bottom 8’s with a bit of optimism.

Lucky win, Batley were robbed, Dewsbury are utter s**t, its all the dodgy Refs and Injuries that stopped them rattling up a cricket score, that's what keep the crowds away at Batley otherwise there would be lock out's every game............well that's according to the doggies forum..............................Great viewing it is. 

1 minute ago, MrBungle said:

Lucky win, Batley were robbed, Dewsbury are utter s**t, its all the dodgy Refs and Injuries that stopped them rattling up a cricket score, that's what keep the crowds away at Batley otherwise there would be lock out's every game............well that's according to the doggies forum..............................Great viewing it is. 

deluded also 60% of crowd were batley yesterday when in reality more like 20%

15 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Officially non-SL clubs cannot approach players who are contracted elsewhere before Sept 1st. Hence this is all rumour and conjecture.

The dates when clubs and players may approach each other are differentiated by the nature of the player's contract ie FT or PT. If the player is on a FT contract ending that season, the date is May 1st; for players on PT contracts the date is Sept 1st.

8 hours ago, silcoates said:

Well we won just,lots of errors on both sides-is that due to the heat?

How come Arundel comes straight into the team.

Was iggi.banned injured  or what?

Batley lady in front of me not happy when touch judge replaced the ref.

It started when winger put his foot in touch in first half and she definitely did not agree . 

Pity we didn’t have that ref all the game then he’d have probably ruled Batley’s 2nd try out,Leak had really to pin his ears back to catch up with the ball as it went that far forward.

17 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I got talking to James Glover yesterday and he’s asked me to put it out there that he’s not spoken to anyone as yet as him along with a few others haven’t been offered anything for next year by us yet.

23 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Pity we didn’t have that ref all the game then he’d have probably ruled Batley’s 2nd try out,Leak had really to pin his ears back to catch up with the ball as it went that far forward.

I got talking to James Glover yesterday and he’s asked me to put it out there that he’s not spoken to anyone as yet as him along with a few others haven’t been offered anything for next year by us yet.

Not one for promoting conspiracy theories, but it makes you wonder if the administrators of the clubs know something we don't about the structure and payments for next season - would explain why the speculation normally flying about around this time of the year is pretty sparse.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

5 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The dates when clubs and players may approach each other are differentiated by the nature of the player's contract ie FT or PT. If the player is on a FT contract ending that season, the date is May 1st; for players on PT contracts the date is Sept 1st.

Thanks again LTS. All of ours are decidedly part-time, of course; some more so than others.

2 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Not one for promoting conspiracy theories, but it makes you wonder if the administrators of the clubs know something we don't about the structure and payments for next season - would explain why the speculation normally flying about around this time of the year is pretty sparse.

I think that it might be quite the opposite GOR - they have no idea what the plans are that will emerge wil the grey smoke from Red Hall, so cannot really do much forward planning. Certainly if the eights are to be scrapped (and Hetherington might now be a convert to the idea) then the payments for the top four must change, and the incentives for the "big" clubs might appear to diminish. Squadbuilding for many of them can only proceed when they know what their targets will be.

13 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I think that it might be quite the opposite GOR - they have no idea what the plans are that will emerge wil the grey smoke from Red Hall, so cannot really do much forward planning. Certainly if the eights are to be scrapped (and Hetherington might now be a convert to the idea) then the payments for the top four must change, and the incentives for the "big" clubs might appear to diminish. Squadbuilding for many of them can only proceed when they know what their targets will be.

Hetherington may have changed his mind ? Goodness me, I wonder why ? Of course, IF Leeds were involved in the eights, ( which they could be) , and ended up being relegated (which they unfortunately won't), Hetherington would change his mind again -  and that would be good enough for the RL.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

59 minutes ago, XIII Ram said:

A derby write-up in The Guardian (online) - if you've not already seen it! (- I had to be directed to it, too - hope the link works)

Very positive, and some good quotes...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jul/24/dewsbury-rams-batley-bulldogs-local-derby

Interesting stuff.

7 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Interesting stuff.

Yeah lot of Guardian readers in Dewsbury lol only time anyone in Dewsbury sees the Guardian is when their wiping their ###### on it in the outdoor privy!

You can tell I'm not bitter about Sunday can't you..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

25 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Yeah lot of Guardian readers in Dewsbury lol only time anyone in Dewsbury sees the Guardian is when their wiping their ###### on it in the outdoor privy!

You can tell I'm not bitter about Sunday can't you..

Ooh, tut, tut, tut.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

9 hours ago, XIII Ram said:

A derby write-up in The Guardian (online) - if you've not already seen it! (- I had to be directed to it, too - hope the link works)

Very positive, and some good quotes...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jul/24/dewsbury-rams-batley-bulldogs-local-derby

Most enjoyable and a more detailed read than the rugby papers.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

33 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Most enjoyable and a more detailed read than the rugby papers.

Totally agree. You knew he was at the game whereas normally we ask " Was he really there or did he just listen to the radio?"

Does the Guardian normally have championship reports?....or was it just a one off ?....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Archived