The RFL

geoffcooke

Anyone got any comments following yesterday's article in the Guardian (without getting libellous of course)?

This showed that the pay-off to Nigel Wood on leaving the RFL will be £328,840. The accounts for 2017 show a loss of £2 million+ for the year.

All non-executive directors have had a pay rise which includes £81,550 to Brian Barwick. Total remuneration for senior managers at the RFL went from £674k in 2016 to £905K in 2017 according to the figures seen by the Guardian.

The report is due to go before the clubs next month but after it was leaked in the Guardian this was a hot topic on Twitter.

And super league clubs what to take money away from league one clubs!!

There's several million quid has been given away in backhanders to SL clubs and golden shakes & pay rises to RFL staff!.....it's a ###### disgrace

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

3 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

And super league clubs what to take money away from league one clubs!!

There's several million quid has been given away in backhanders to SL clubs and golden shakes & pay rises to RFL staff!.....it's a ###### disgrace

More than likely.

I keep saying it, and I will keep on saying it let sooperdooperleague with Canada, France,the USA and anybody else the can get on board to justify their £300K salaries go its own way, let's face it they already have.

The time is NOW to breakaway recreating our great game. Winter rugby, strong amateur game, better RL management, our own TV rights with our own competitions and above all else honesty and a fairness of funding to all clubs.

If we don't then all that will be on offer will be sooperdooperleague and only memories of Oldham, Rochdale, Swinton, Batley, Hunslet, Workington, etc. because they don't fit the sooperdooperleague fit.

Sadly, no-one is listening and just hoping it will turn out al right - just like Chamberlain waving his piece of paper declaring "peace in our time."

2 hours ago, jroyales said:

I keep saying it, and I will keep on saying it let sooperdooperleague with Canada, France,the USA and anybody else the can get on board to justify their £300K salaries go its own way, let's face it they already have.

The time is NOW to breakaway recreating our great game. Winter rugby, strong amateur game, better RL management, our own TV rights with our own competitions and above all else honesty and a fairness of funding to all clubs.

If we don't then all that will be on offer will be sooperdooperleague and only memories of Oldham, Rochdale, Swinton, Batley, Hunslet, Workington, etc. because they don't fit the sooperdooperleague fit.

Sadly, no-one is listening and just hoping it will turn out al right - just like Chamberlain waving his piece of paper declaring "peace in our time."

No one is listening because despite their deficiencies the SL is the only game in town that will bring in any money to fund the game.  No one wants to pay for the TV rights outside of SL, without that money its amateur or nothing.  

A breakaway from some money to no money isn't exactly an inspiring choice.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

3 hours ago, jroyales said:

But that will be fact - no money when sooperdooperleague take complete control in 2020/21. The rest will be history.

I hope I am wrong.

Have to agree with you,once the big boy's get a hold of the game we're all consigned to the history books. I too hope I'm wrong.

I do believe that the game of rugby in general is heading for implosion, the top 4 or 5 RU clubs are in more debt than the super league clubs get. I can see that the top 8 rl teams will join the top 6ru clubs to form a mix game of rugby 

I do believe that is what the money men want 

On 7/20/2018 at 2:30 PM, jroyales said:

But that will be fact - no money when sooperdooperleague take complete control in 2020/21. The rest will be history.

I hope I am wrong.

We,championship & league one clubs, source our own monies then...

The "breakaway" we need is not a 1895 style breakaway...it's rather more simple than that...we need a proper championship board with a CEO,like the super league board,and the championship board takes control of the championship & league one...and we sell our TV rights & sponsorships..and we start from there...let super league eat itself and let us run our competition..

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Archived