Danny Bridge - disciplinary

Gisburn

Just seen that Danny Bridge faces a grade F charge for assaulting the referee during the Keighley game.  I saw the ref go flying when Harry Aaronson made a break in the second half but as a Keighley fan I thought one of your lads had bumped into him, nothing more.  I hope he doesn't get anything worse than Chris Houston got for flooring Phil Bentham earlier this season.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Gisburn said:

Just seen that Danny Bridge faces a grade F charge for assaulting the referee during the Keighley game.  I saw the ref go flying when Harry Aaronson made a break in the second half but as a Keighley fan I thought one of your lads had bumped into him, nothing more.  I hope he doesn't get anything worse than Chris Houston got for flooring Phil Bentham earlier this season.

Refs,they don't half get in the way don't they? Hopeless.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:39 PM, m brooksy said:

It's an absolute shocker. Deserves everything he gets.

Can you please explain. Do you mean the ref deserves all he gets for being in the way? or Bridge deserves all he gets? In which case what did he do that was so wrong. I do not believe for one moment that a professional rugby league player would assault a referee

It's on the RFL website:

Danny Bridge (Oldham) - pleaded guilty to a Grade F Assault on Match Official charge in the Betfred League 1 fixture against Keighley Cougars on July 13. The player has been banned for nine months and fined £75.

49 minutes ago, Ex-scrumhalf said:

Can you please explain. Do you mean the ref deserves all he gets for being in the way? or Bridge deserves all he gets? In which case what did he do that was so wrong. I do not believe for one moment that a professional rugby league player would assault a referee

The ban explains this. Lucky to play rugby again.

And to make matters worse our latest DR arrangement with Leigh is about to go right down the pan. 

They're offloading players left right and centre to cut their losses because they can't make the 8s so we've no chance of getting any players from them on DR. 

5 minutes ago, thecrab said:

And to make matters worse our latest DR arrangement with Leigh is about to go right down the pan. 

They're offloading players left right and centre to cut their losses because they can't make the 8s so we've no chance of getting any players from them on DR. 

They can make the 8s. Only Cunningham is available to us now because the deadline is Friday for Dr and the have to have played at least 3 times for us

It's a shocker. Indefensible. Don't hang the lad out to dry though,he has been quality for us all season. Massive brain fart to do that, I can't defend the incident but he isn't normally like that. Seems out of character. 

Lost a great player to this and I'm sure he is gutted as well, he will serve his time and then hopefully resume his career. He hasn't killed anyone.

30 minutes ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

They can make the 8s. Only Cunningham is available to us now because the deadline is Friday for Dr and the have to have played at least 3 times for us

It's highly unlikely and with Friday looming large they're leaving quickly.  Jonah will be back at Leigh for sure.

In years gone by he would have been sine die. 

When Houston took out the ref a witness (twice) I thought that the second could have broken his back and was in par with the bridge tackle. 

The difference between the two. One is super league and one is championship 1. One has legal counsel and bridge would have gone on his own? 

For me it's 6-8 match ban which would have meant the his season was over. I wonder if we will see him again in an Oldham shirt In 2019.

2 hours ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

The D/R deadline has passed, and players have to have played 5 times on D/R to be eligible for the rest of the season. I think it is the deadline for loan signings that is this week.

7 minutes ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

Is the rule not when u have played 3 games u have to choose between parent club and DR club as oppose to when u played 5 games u can go back and forth?

It's happening already, they'll be down to the bare bones by the weekend, easy pickings for the SL clubs trying to fend off Toronto and Toulouse in the 8s. 

Got to sign bridge for next season been class all season. I can’t see us having Cunningham to be honest looks like it will be either Owen, Wilko or Hughes playing together. But don’t worry we’ve got hewitt and crook leading us all the way 

1 hour ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

I would sign him up for next season in a heartbeat, been consistent all season and a huge threat on the edges. C'mon Oldham stand by him and sign him up for 2019

Same here, everyone makes mistakes,it's about learning from them. Hopefully he will and be an Oldham player next season as he's been great since he came here.

Archived