Bissa signing

BISSA...

Don't agree Eric, he wouldn't be on the books at Huddersfield if he wasn't up to it. He has made a number of tries with some great passes, and clearly he was out of position in Toronto cos Scotty had to fill in on the wing. If he had been  given the season at halfback he would have developed along with his team-mates. I don't think Giants will renew him, so might add well be here as anywhere. You know very well that we get blokes on loan or DR, rarely get picked then turn up in the team of our opponents the year after and bash us about! We need younger halves, with the greatest of respect to those in the shirts now, and in my opinion Isaac should be one of them, may be with Yates or even an extended loan of Joubert. We have to bits the bullet sometime, another shocker next year like this last 2 is unthinkable, the club must have noticed the lowering of gate numbers, and bands on trucks ain't bringing back the crowds, winners will do that. One thing we've always been able to do is give everybody a game, but this last 2 seasons we've just turned up on the field and rolled over. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, phildog said:

Don't agree Eric, he wouldn't be on the books at Huddersfield if he wasn't up to it. He has made a number of tries with some great passes, and clearly he was out of position in Toronto cos Scotty had to fill in on the wing. If he had been  given the season at halfback he would have developed along with his team-mates. I don't think Giants will renew him, so might add well be here as anywhere. You know very well that we get blokes on loan or DR, rarely get picked then turn up in the team of our opponents the year after and bash us about! We need younger halves, with the greatest of respect to those in the shirts now, and in my opinion Isaac should be one of them, may be with Yates or even an extended loan of Joubert. We have to bits the bullet sometime, another shocker next year like this last 2 is unthinkable, the club must have noticed the lowering of gate numbers, and bands on trucks ain't bringing back the crowds, winners will do that. One thing we've always been able to do is give everybody a game, but this last 2 seasons we've just turned up on the field and rolled over. 

Let's agree to disagree over Farrell. However, I think you've absolutely hit the nail on the head in regard to next season. 

I think next season will depend on the structure.

If it like this season, with a third of the division being full time, I simply cannot see how it will be much different from how things have gone for the last couple of seasons.

I'm not sure how any of the part time teams will compete with the full timers, unless they get a DR deal similar to Featherstone's (not knocking Featherstone BTW), whereby they have been assisted by having the ability to play 4 or 5 SL players in the majority of the tougher games.

32 minutes ago, doggystyle said:

*until the end of the season. Missed that bit from the translation, just in case anyone was unsure.

Just to clarify. The statement on the club website did say "until the end of the season ".

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

8 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I don’t think you’ll be seeing Jouffret at 6 tomorrow ?

What is the alternative? Playing him full back and putting Scott on the wing, not my choice. Why put one of the best full backs in the division on to the wing? I have seen Louis play both full back and half back for Haven and in my opinion he could be the piece in the jigsaw that has been missing for a number of seasons at half back, It will also release patch to loose forward which I think is his best position. We have 8 matches left this season, this is how I see Batley improving what was a end of the season disaster.

What is the chance of him being at the Mount next year? If he is as big a success as I am hoping I think there is at least one club that can offer a lot better deal monitoring the situation.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

8 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I think next season will depend on the structure.

If it like this season, with a third of the division being full time, I simply cannot see how it will be much different from how things have gone for the last couple of seasons.

I'm not sure how any of the part time teams will compete with the full timers, unless they get a DR deal similar to Featherstone's (not knocking Featherstone BTW), whereby they have been assisted by having the ability to play 4 or 5 SL players in the majority of the tougher games.

Fax haven't done too bad this season have they? How have they managed it?

Fax have done really well this season, they have managed to keep most of the squad injury free for majority of the season. When they have had lads out injured, they have covered them with DR players. Haven't they had the likes of Green, Maher, Clare and Hitchcox playing this season?

As much as I'm not a fan of DR, without it I'm not sure how teams will compete.

1 hour ago, ernieone said:

What is the alternative? Playing him full back and putting Scott on the wing, not my choice. Why put one of the best full backs in the division on to the wing? I have seen Louis play both full back and half back for Haven and in my opinion he could be the piece in the jigsaw that has been missing for a number of seasons at half back, It will also release patch to loose forward which I think is his best position. We have 8 matches left this season, this is how I see Batley improving what was a end of the season disaster.

What is the chance of him being at the Mount next year? If he is as big a success as I am hoping I think there is at least one club that can offer a lot better deal monitoring the situation.

Whoooosh!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

That's right he will simply love the cosmopolitan atmosphere at Dewsbury. Bustling Parisian side streets with affluent villagers stopping for a grape juice at roadside cafes.

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

11 hours ago, colinb said:

Just to clarify. The statement on the club website did say "until the end of the season ".

Yes Col, it does state that but I was referring to Batley Bob's post with the translation from the Catalan twitter page. It was poorly worded missing out key information.

10 minutes ago, doggystyle said:

Yes Col, it does state that but I was referring to Batley Bob's post with the translation from the Catalan twitter page. It was poorly worded missing out key information.

Gotya.  Sorry bout that.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Well Ernie  you ain't seeing him play at 6!! What cock-eyed thinking; bring in a stand-off, play him at 1, best fullback pushed out to wing, two old guys, sorry assassins, at half back. Disken's thinking and selection is unfathomable. Just sick of the crazy stuff, season can't end quick enough, and with it Disken's tenure.

24 minutes ago, phildog said:

Well Ernie  you ain't seeing him play at 6!! What cock-eyed thinking; bring in a stand-off, play him at 1, best fullback pushed out to wing, two old guys, sorry assassins, at half back. Disken's thinking and selection is unfathomable. Just sick of the crazy stuff, season can't end quick enough, and with it Disken's tenure.

Dom & Patch have played together and our first choice half backs... 

38 minutes ago, phildog said:

and I could start watching Batley again

Dom and Patch have played together.....for YEARS, no progress in a pair of 33 year old halves. FARRELL 20, JOUFRET 23, it's called youth and pace. However that doesn't explain today's bizarre selection, still, if follows the Batley tradition....Johnny Parker, Gary Thornton, junior half back internationals, one gets put in a full back one on the wing....completely disheartened with the whole carry on.

I have sympathy with what you are saying Phil although I suspect that we need Dom and Patch's leadership at the moment.  Like some other fans I would have preferred Joufret (or Farrell jnr) at 6 and Walker at 13.  

My fear is that if we don't hit some sort of form very soon we will lose good players at the end of the season and be unable to attract decent replacements.

The loosing pay must be hurting our lads too

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

4 hours ago, phildog said:

Dom and Patch have played together.....for YEARS, no progress in a pair of 33 year old halves. FARRELL 20, JOUFRET 23, it's called youth and pace. However that doesn't explain today's bizarre selection, still, if follows the Batley tradition....Johnny Parker, Gary Thornton, junior half back internationals, one gets put in a full back one on the wing....completely disheartened with the whole carry on.

To be fair PD you complain about all things Batley!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Along with many didn't impress hopefully he'll find his feet when we smash Swinton ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

12 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Along with many didn't impress hopefully he'll find his feet when we smash Swinton ?

I thought that he needed to be much more involved throughout, which he couldn't be from full back. You would be much better with Walker at loose forward, his best position in my opinion.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Everyone thinks patch is a 13. Perhaps he refuses to play there

On 7/22/2018 at 8:52 AM, DOGFATHER said:

Fax have done really well this season, they have managed to keep most of the squad injury free for majority of the season. When they have had lads out injured, they have covered them with DR players. Haven't they had the likes of Green, Maher, Clare and Hitchcox playing this season?

As much as I'm not a fan of DR, without it I'm not sure how teams will compete.

Early doors we had some of those players mentioned but from pretty much the half way point we have just had Will Maher, that lad who were poor for Batley, who has been superb for us.

Archived