Bissa signing

BISSA...

1 hour ago, BatleyBird said:

Bye then. The rest of us will await your return with bated breath once things start to turn around. Sports all about ups and downs. And God knows, we’ve had plenty of downs this year, we’ve been practically crippled with injuries. Who knows what position we would be in had Reittie,

Ainscough, Brown, Lillicrop, Brambani et all had stayed fit for the majority of the season. Nobody, that’s who.

I want the Bulldogs to survive. I want to be able to go and watch them every weekend. That means that decisions have to be made by those in charge to make sure this club is still in existence in 10-20 years time. I for one will continue to trust and support them, by doing what I can do - putting my £17 over the turnstile every other week and sticking my fiver in the war chest.  After all, they’ve managed to keep the club relatively financially stable up till now, that to me says that they know what they’re doing. 

Phildog is a moderator so he can't actually go away. He will still read all the stuff. Will be difficult not to post me thinks.

Good points Batleybird. Particularly financially stable which has to be applauded in this climate. Personally though with BISSA. WAR CHEST. SUPPORTERS CLUB. I personally feel , at times,weve missed little windows of opportunity that could have added to the momemtum created by Northern Rail and Grand Final.  

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good game today and interesting to hear Kevin's explanation on last week and his meeting with the players really insightful. Today's game had just about everything you could ask for on a rugby pitch great entertainment.

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

13 hours ago, Eric Bristow said:

I don't think anyone has ever expected Kevin Nicholas to spend millions of pounds like Derek Beaumont, far from it. However, I think what people do expect is the odd little bit of excitement, and something to keep fans interested. After a decent first half to the season, we had a shocking injury crisis which decimated our squad. The only players we brought in as replacements were a kid from Bradford's youth set-up and an amateur scrum-half who blatantly wasn't anywhere near up to the job.

Since the injuries set in we've lost 9 games in a row. This has been a utterly dispiriting season, during which many die-hard supporters have actually begun to miss games on a regular basis. Those in charge at the club need to have a serious think about that. No-one expects a top 4 challenge every year, I don't think anyone who supports Batley is that unrealistic. However, what fans do need to see is that we're 'having a go'. That hasn't been the case this season, and it's why people are walking away. 

Agree with some of that Eric, I would like to know why we were unable to sign loan players too. I could fully understand us not signing players on season long contracts, as the injured players may have been due back sooner than expected, so we didn't want to be paying out for players who were not needed later on in the season. Loanees wouldn't fall in to that category though. I fully expected a coach with as many connections from within the game as Diskin, to land a couple of loan signings, but to know avail other than those mentioned, but was it simply a case of clubs would not release lads on loan, remember lots of club have been hit with injuries and there aren't the second teams to fall back on and therefore there are less players available than ever before.

Lots of people are blaming the board, but I'm not sure they are entirely to blame. There may be many reasons we were unable to bring players in. You may be right, it could be down to the board, or it could be down to a lack of players available, finances, the coach, we expected players back sooner than when they actually returned, so thought it wasn't necessary as we had lads due back, or was it a mixture of all of those factors? Lots of speculation flying around, but nothing factual to back it up. 

We may have spent most of our Salary cap at the beginning of the season, so there simply wasn't the room on the cap to sign anyone sooner than Jouffret of any note until now. We may have approached half the players in league to sort a loan deal out, who knows? As a club, there is no point announcing anything, building up hopes, or alerting other clubs etc. until the move has been completed. Several signings may have fallen through at the last minute due to various reasons. Fact is, nobody but the club actually know the reasons why we didn't bring someone in, so why speculate?

Given a lot of the sniping on this forum, I wouldn't disclose the reasons if I was the club either, there would always be someone looking to criticise, pick holes  and whinge whatever the reasons were, so it may be better to keep people guessing.

16 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Good game today and interesting to hear Kevin's explanation on last week and his meeting with the players really insightful. Today's game had just about everything you could ask for on a rugby pitch great entertainment.

Go on then PM. Spill the beans - what did Kevin say for those who do not frequent the lounge afterwards?

It was before the game Fred. He spoke of how disappointed the players were to have lost at Dewsbury (as was he) and that there were no issues behind the scenes. He said Jouffrey had been signed as a half back and following his arrival late last week he'd only had a brief introduction to the team/plays etc. and as we were down on wingers the decision was made to play him at fullback allowing Scott on the wing and that he would play halfback today. Nothing much more than you'd expect him to say I guess if your not a fan of the BOD, coach etc. I doubt anything said would change people's opinion. When all said and done sport is a competition, ups & downs etc. But I was glad I went yesterday to the game as it was highly entertaining!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

• 3 weeks later...

Now wouldn't it be exciting if the club could sign Jouffret on for next year, if they have to pay over the odds why not give him a role with the Community team, one stumbling block could be accommodation.

Just an idea like.

Sammut rumours are cringeworthy more chance of tommo coming in to take over as rugby director fron Johnny potts.

Jouffret however is one to secure his pace puts dom and patch to shame but he needs experience and maybe a stone of grunt. Can a yr be agreed. Mutually beneificial 

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

30 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Jouffret however is one to secure his pace puts dom and patch to shame but he needs experience and maybe a stone of grunt. Can a yr be agreed. Mutually beneificial 

I think there is a strong possibility this will happen. As he's a BISSA signing I think as supporters this is where we can help the club secure players of this calibre for next season. Time to look down the back of the settee for any loose change!

Like it Rog, he fits the bill, pull out as many stops as poss. However, as I seem to be accused of shooting for the stars I say categorically, oy Hock, NO!!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:58 PM, RogerT said:

Now wouldn't it be exciting if the club could sign Jouffret on for next year, if they have to pay over the odds why not give him a role with the Community team, one stumbling block could be accommodation.

Just an idea like.

IMG_0583.JPG

15 hours ago, phildog said:

Twitter feed for Barrow said it all; 'Joufret's into everything'. I think we have to move heaven and earth to get him.

Bon chance! Fev will be sniffing.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived