Important Announcement ……..

Cougars News

Keighley Cougars welcomes Austria Holdings

We are pleased to announce that the deal has been concluded between Austria Holdings and ex-Chairman, Gary Fawcett.

As from 12.30pm today Austria Holdings are the new majority shareholder at Cougar Park and will look to take the club forward confidently into the future.

Ex-Chairman Gary Fawcett said: “I met with a representative of Austria Holdings this morning to finalise the deal and I’m very happy about the plans they have for developing the club.  They see this as a long term investment and I am pleased that my stepping down in May has created such an opportunity for the club. I will be leaving knowing that the club’s in good hands. Good luck to everyone on Saturday and let’s start the new ownership with a good win!”

First of all Austria Holdings would like to thank the outgoing chairman for all the work  has done and achieved over the last 8 years at Cougar Park.

We would like to extend a warm welcome to both Gary and his family to come and join us anytime at Cougar Park and we hope to see you soon!

We are extremely pleased to be a part of such a long standing club, with a history of 118 years in ruby league.

We would like to thank everyone concerned with the Cougars and we look forward to many years of continued growth and success with Keighley Cougars

Austria Holdings are currently in negotiations  with a new General Manger and we hope that we can conclude this by the next home game on the 29th  July were we will hopefully  be able announce his appointment .

We at Austria Holdings would like to thank all the volunteers, players , coaching staff , supporters and members , sponsors , and The Keighley Cougars Foundation for all your continued support

Austria Holdings

View the full article

• 3 months later...

Seems a bit over-stated, given the current situation. Your new owners might as well be in Austria fur all the good they're doing you. Seems like the take,-over needs talking over!

• 2 weeks later...

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11527058/officers.  Good luck to all at keighley cougars from a swinton lions fan,  the rfl need to get a grip of the game they are spouting with glee about expanding the game whilst the heartland clubs are dying on their backside.  come on rfl get a grip and support the heartland clubs and not just toronto and london/bradford bulls.  As ffor keighley cougars plight i would suggest the fans get together and form a trust to take over the club so its run by the fans for the fans/ local community.

A bunch of fans getting together is not the answer. It needs local business people with backing from the RL to save the club, with support from the fans. The RL will help if they see that support. If they don't, who can blame them for pulling out? Good luck Cougars.

Your town either wants a club or it doesn't.

Archived