Enough is enough

batley paul

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% agree, that was disgusting today and if our great chairman who backs diskin so much doesn't do anything about this, then our home attendance will soon dwindle to 200, no excuse for that today, we have waited 2yrs for this so called expansive rugby and still waiting, more like expensive rugby, until that so called coach goes, we have no hope, and i realy don't care who disagrees with me, the truth is in the pudding

I was just thinking, it won't be long before a certain Buford T Justice makes his annual guest appearance.... but 11 defeats in the last 12 games somehow speaks for itself... and the line up didn't look so bad this afternoon ....makes you think, at least.

I didn't understand why nobody rushed Sykes at the drop goal? He was only 10 yards out and nobody twitched!  The Diskin experiment after two years is not bearing fruit, unless it's lemons judging by  the sour puckered expression on most Batley fans faces this afternoon. The worst thing is Dewsbury are rubbish but what does that make us!!!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

12 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

I didn't understand why nobody rushed Sykes at the drop goal? He was only 10 yards out and nobody twitched!  The Diskin experiment after two years is not bearing fruit, unless it's lemons judging by  the sour puckered expression on most Batley fans faces this afternoon. The worst thing is Dewsbury are rubbish but what does that make us!!!

Poor, is the answer.

Diskin out!

I think people are forgotten that, up until we had our shocking injury crisis after the Toulouse home game, we were actually playing really well. What we're seeing at the moment is a side devoid of confidence due to a terrible run of defeats - all brought on my the board's failure to back the coach by reinforcing the squad when it was desperately required.

I'm certain that Diskin has his faults, but when your coach is working for people who are content to finish as also-rans every year and don't really give a toss about keeping the fans entertained/interested, what more does anyone expect?  

Just now, Eric Bristow said:

I think people are forgotten that, up until we had our shocking injury crisis after the Toulouse home game, we were actually playing really well. What we're seeing at the moment is a side devoid of confidence due to a terrible run of defeats - all brought on my the board's failure to back the coach by reinforcing the squad when it was desperately required.

I'm certain that Diskin has his faults, but when your coach is working for people who are content to finish as also-rans every year and don't really give a toss about keeping the fans entertained/interested, what more does anyone expect?  

are you on drugs, what the f...k has Diskin done in the 2 yrs he has been at the mount, 1 good game against toulouse in 2 yrs is ?, and if you think that we have been playing well under that so called coach, ur as deluded as our chairman and board

48 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

You could have rushed Sykes all day. It was Knowles who dropped it?

I've missed 2 home games this season.

Been to 4 away games, but as i stood watching today with 15 mins left i suddenly realised that i didnt want to be here watching the club i love.

I just left.first time in many many years I've left a game so early. I was bored.

Now i know over the years watching  Batley has certainly never been a glory tale,and i thought Dewsbury were good for the win.no complaints about the referee or anything like that,but these last 2 seasons have felt like pulling teeth watching the games.granted injuries have taken their toll, but today was just dire to watch. 

I'll be at the Mount next week,even after what i posted earlier,but then thats it for the season for me....and you know what? I really dont care either way if we go down or stay up and i NEVER NEVER thought I'd ever say that.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

30 minutes ago, YOUNG UN said:

You could have rushed Sykes all day. It was Knowles who dropped it?

Apologies my point was aimed at the Batley players not my in-depth knowledge of Sheep players!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

1 hour ago, Supertyke said:

I was just thinking, it won't be long before a certain Buford T Justice makes his annual guest appearance.... but 11 defeats in the last 12 games somehow speaks for itself... and the line up didn't look so bad this afternoon ....makes you think, at least.

I take no pleasure in ‘I told you so’ but I had this attitude halfway through last season amd havent been since.

nothing will change and therefore I voted with my feet. Looks like others are too now.

ive never been a trendsetter, just honest and open in my views. On this occasion seems like i was ahead of my time.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

1 minute ago, buford t justice said:

I take no pleasure in ‘I told you so’ but I had this attitude halfway through last season amd havent been since.

nothing will change and therefore I voted with my feet. Looks like others are too now.

well said Buford

Somebodies got to be coach and as long as I can remember no one's ever been good enough.. perhaps we should all take it in turns? Or the Golden Gamble winner gets the cash prize and the job next week?

After an afternoon of great disappointment, I have tried to look at things objectively following that performance:

1. The 'make do and mend' culture that is now prevalent in the Club has now seriously started to affect the players'  mentalities with a great deal of negativity. Players being played out of positions where they have been confident and performing well, in the absence of any loanee/ permanent replacements coming into the Club or even being discussed, has totally disrupted our Bulldog spirit and never say die attitude. Today we were devoid of spirit  and fight, which I have not seen for a very long time on the pitch.

2. Matt Diskin's style of rugby league is suited more to a full time environment, where players have the time and conditioning to recover from the total, full on style of rugby league that he has tried to introduce, and deeper squads to replace injuries. It is significant that this season we have had probably the worst injury situation in many a season, with part time players struggling to recover and being played when in all probability they should have been recovering.

3. The owners of the Club have certainly now got to seriously look at next season and decide what they want. Fans of many years' standing are now becoming disillusioned in numbers, and the spirit appears to be draining out of the Club. The Club have been loyal to a Coach, who has now had time to work with a decent squad and show some results, appears who now to be struggling to maintain the positive mental attitude of the players, some of whom did not seem to want to put in the extra percentages this afternoon.

Craig Lingard or other easy option/low cost 'fixes' should not even be contemplated. That would be just a continuation of the malaise. Comfort zones need now to be busted within the Club, and a clinical, objective outcome sought for the progression of this great Club, before it is too late.

26 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Somebodies got to be coach and as long as I can remember no one's ever been good enough.. perhaps we should all take it in turns? Or the Golden Gamble winner gets the cash prize and the job next week?

kear was good enough to get us into top 3, Harrison was good enough to win Northern rail in 2010, i think they was good enough dont you

We have had a terrible season with injuries and it was bound to effect the teams performance. However, I would have hoped that a good coach would have found a way to cobble together a few wins in among the defeats. 

Said it all before; injuries happen, the coach brings in players to make up a squad to counteract this. He gave a contract to a bloke in time for Blackpool to field 17 men, out of suspension, not seen. Brings in half back for the season, didn't play him for 2 months, goes missing for a spell, comes begin to make team UK for Toronto, not in squad week after, gratitude that is. We have 2 halves 33 yrs old, going nowhere with that, sorry Dom/Patch, brings in NEW half back, moves a full back as good as any the wing, puts said half back at full back. Whole thing is a mess, but seemingly coach and board are in agreement that it's not critical!! Sorry board, happy clappers et al, he has to go, being gentleman won't cut the mustard, the club HAS to speculate on all fronts for next season, or the future definitely isn't Orange

Buford T Justice you called for Kear’s head. You can’t call for every coaches head and then claim to have the “second sight” when they have a couple of poor seasons.

For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name he writes not if you won or lost but how you played the game.

3 minutes ago, Dog Faced Gremlin said:

Buford T Justice you called for Kear’s head. You can’t call for every coaches head and then claim to have the “second sight” when they have a couple of poor seasons.

since Diskin has been at mount we have no season simple as that, ###### coach 2nd team coach at that, 

Archived