Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dogstew

Diskin out!

1 hour ago, doggystyle said:

Wow thanks Dogfather. Digging up Gary Coyle bile. He used to inbox female fans (yes plural) intimidating messages. Thought he was calling one out in this thread you posted but what he got was her male cousin.

I might be biased but I see far more folk calling for Diskin to " off" in his own words, than screaming for JK's head in the past.

I don’t know about that DS, there were so many fans back then wanting him sacked, I certainly wouldn’t have lost any sleep if Kevin had pulled the trigger and got rid of him.

I can’t help thinking we are very close to being a very good side. We are just lacking a cool headed organiser to direct us around the park. 

I can’t comment on what was said at the bash, but in my humble opinion, the players are responsible for their performances once they cross the whitewash.

A few players have publicly stated that the game plans are good and we look a good side when we stick to it. What nobody seems to be able to answer is why we don’t or can’t stick to it.

However, I do understand the argument that the coach is ultimately responsible for the performances and results.

PS - Sorry for dragging the old posts up.

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Thanks 1

Daft comparison here between Kear and Diskin.

I guess people who can’t see Diskin’s superb motivation and results must be ‘mentally weak’ like he says the players are. What a prize banana!

• Like 4

If you read the post Dogstew, I’m not comparing the two coaches, just supporter reactions and views to them.

To many people, JK is one the best coaches ever to grace the game.

I’m just pointing out that even with his fantastic track record, wealth of experience etc. the same fans that are calling for Diskin’s head now, were calling for the board to sack Kear in 2015. 

The threads are all still there, you could cut and paste any of the posts from then, in to the Taxi for Diskin thread and you would not be able to fathom what had come from where, if you switched the names around.

If anyone had suggested we would have finished 3rd, the season before we did, there would have been calls to the men in white coats to drag them off to the funny farm. 

Will Diskin be able to match Kear’s magnificent achievement?

Probably not. But, I honestly do not think Kear or anyone else could do it again either. Yet, reading some of the posts, anything less than that, is seen as an abject failure.

Kear is hardly pulling any trees up at Bradford, considering he has a very expensive and largely full time squad at his disposal.

Although, Ford at York, is very close to pulling off the same miracle. Let’s see how they finish the season. 

Edited by DOGFATHER

6 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

If you read the post Dogstew, I’m not comparing the two coaches, just supporter reactions and views to them.

To many people, JK is one the best coaches ever to grace the game.

I’m just pointing out that even with his fantastic track record, wealth of experience etc. the same fans that are calling for Diskin’s head now, were calling for the board to sack Kear in 2015. 

The threads are all still there, you could cut and paste any of the posts from then, in to the Taxi for Diskin thread and you would not be able to fathom what had come from where, if you switched the names around.

If anyone had suggested we would have finished 3rd, the season before we did, there would have been calls to the men in white coats to drag them off to the funny farm. 

Will Diskin be able to match Kear’s magnificent achievement?

Probably not. But, I honestly do not think Kear or anyone else could do it again either. Yet, reading some of the posts, anything less than that, is seen as an abject failure.

Kear is hardly pulling any trees up at Bradford, considering he has a very expensive and largely full time squad at his disposal.

Although Ford at York, is very close to pulling off the same miracle.

Look at JK’s coaching Career apart from Bradford he’s hardly ever had money but done miracles... Sheffield 98 wakey 2006 relegation battle but forced there way back with a good turn around  80 minutes away from Wembley in 2008 and 2009 best ever SL finish.. Batley 2013 and 2016 a grand final and top 3 finish after his sides were ripped apart by bigger clubs all his career 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I reckon our proud club with bags of integrity will honour matts reign and hopefully just not renew his services come winter. Therefore no dismissal takes place and a more experienced old head is recruited to input new ideas.

• Like 1

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

So, if Diskins future is still uncertain, who is making the decisions regarding the signing of players that has taken place already? Or has a decision been made?

Edited by fredm

Seem like 3 decisions have been made so far 1) sign Brown 2) sign Manning 3) sign Scott. Three players that other clubs would be interested in.

How many of the rest of the squad do we need to talk to?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

12 hours ago, ernieone said:

Seem like 3 decisions have been made so far 1) sign Brown 2) sign Manning 3) sign Scott. Three players that other clubs would be interested in.

How many of the rest of the squad do we need to talk to?

Wardy for 1, don't want him going to Fax

• Like 1

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

No neither do I, already my player of the year, and last as well.

• Like 1

Do we need to speak to them or they have signed.

I may be wrong but I think there’s very few of this years squad signed for next year apart from the three that have signed recently 

There is a few that certainly need talking to before someone else does !! 

But who is going to do the talking?  Won't the players want to know who the coach will be before signing?  They might sign as they understand Diskin and then find that a new coach is in place next season who they have no time for.

I was under the impression nobody knows what funding is being allocated yet, so I would imagine quite a few players will be on market in the coming month. It will be interesting to see which clubs take a gamble.

maybe they know already who is coaching next season but been told to keep it under wraps until club announce who it is whether its Diskin or somone else and why they have signed up

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

My list as started of those signed on for next season.

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

My list as started of those signed on for next season.

and where do you keep it...in the shed ?

• Haha 1

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

.No it's not big enough yet...….. the shed I mean.

Did your lass see Jouffret in Tesco's this morning.

Edited by RogerT

21 minutes ago, RogerT said:

.No it's not big enough yet...….. the shed I mean.

Did your lass see Jouffret in Tesco's this morning.

she saw you Roger......she would not recognise Jouffret...……...you are well famous on the Batley Circuit.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/06/2019 at 16:08, 9' oller said:

I reckon our proud club with bags of integrity will honour matts reign and hopefully just not renew his services come winter. Therefore no dismissal takes place and a more experienced old head is recruited to input new ideas.

Do you have a list of suggestions?

I'm not being funny but plenty of fans of clubs are often saying that they need a new coach yet, in the absence of those who would be clearly out of your reach, have nobody serious to suggest. (This applies equally to many supporters of my own club.)

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 25/06/2019 at 20:52, fredm said:

But who is going to do the talking?  Won't the players want to know who the coach will be before signing?  They might sign as they understand Diskin and then find that a new coach is in place next season who they have no time for.

The person that will be negotiating with present and future players will be Paul Harrison as he has done since Gary Thornton moved on. Obviously the players are discussed with probably the board and the coaching staff but it is Paul Harrison's job to negotiate with the agents/players.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Do you have a list of suggestions?

I'm not being funny but plenty of fans of clubs are often saying that they need a new coach yet, in the absence of those who would be clearly out of your reach, have nobody serious to suggest. (This applies equally to many supporters of my own club.)

I have asked the question before but never get an answer.

• Like 1

Sackings were discussed on RL Backchat a few weeks ago and the CEO's said similar things about fans wanting the coach sacked but can't recommend any replacements. 

They also said fans also forget about having to pay off the old staff (usually the whole coaching team go rather than just head coach) then recruiting a new coaching team who also usually want to bring 2-3 players in with them. All in all it ends up being an expensive process for no guaranteed benefit. Look at the division so far this year, Rochdale, Dewsbury. Fev, Toronto, Fax, Leigh have all changed their coaches since last year with differing success rates.