EGM - What can we do?

Rugby Shop John

Following recent contributions from Bryan Price and Gary Mark, along with earlier contributions from "Shipbuilder" and "TMF", I can report that I have just handed over cheques today to Karen Heighton totalling £150. I still have items to sell on, so this total will increase in the coming weeks.

If any supporter has any unwanted sports programmes, memorabilia etc, then please leave in the Rugby Shop, Scott Street, and I will collect it from there. Many thanks to the above named individuals for their generous donations.

At the EGM, Steve Neale mention the Super Lotto as a way of raising new funds. Supporters may remember that in a previous life, I introduced this £2 weekly lottery, firstly to raise funds for the new floodlights, and once they were installed, to promote the Youth Development and Academy team. This it continues to support for the future. However, whilst I was looking around the other RL clubs for ideas in 2013/14, this £2  lottery caught my eye because of the success it had at other clubs. For instance, when I spoke to the Halifax Lottery Manager, he said he had over 1000 members paying into their £2 one as well as over 4000 in their £1 one. The Workington Town £2 lottery was also well subscribed. They were intended for the genuine supporter of the club concerned, knowing that the money was going into player development, and not a financial black hole. So when supporters ask how other clubs' manage, this is one very good example.

The attendance for the Toulouse game was just under 1000 which we can safely assume were our "hard core" supporters. If we can persuade half of those to invest in the Super Lotto(current membership was reported at 193 at the meeting), the we are well on our way to raising an extra £30,000 towards player development.

Please call in to the Rugby Shop if you feel you can help. Many thanks for reading!

John Spoor

Hi Scott

All subscriptions for the Super Lotto are by bank standing order, thus greatly reducing expenses. If you ring Jane at the shop on 824454, she will send you an application form to fill in and return, when she will take it to your bank, after a reference has been added. Many thanks for your interest.

John Spoor

At the moment I'm paying £16 per month to the Goldrush John, I'll be in this week to move that up to £20 unless it's better to join the Super Lotto.

It's not much my £4 but if everyone just puts that bit more in to the lotteries it keeps revenue flowing through the close season and when we have no home game

Shipbuilider01.png

Hi Carl

The surplus from the Gold Rush goes to the general running of the club which it obviously needs desperately at the moment to keep the day to day expenses up to date.

We ring fenced the Super Lotto surplus to pay for the academy, youth development camps etc. Any increase from this source would, I hope, go towards giving Cresta the resources he requires for next season.

An extra £1 per week is very welcome and helps make sure that we are here next year!

Hope this helps! Many thanks for your donations again.

John Spoor

If anybody is interested in joining either the Goldrush Lottery or the Super Lotto but is unable to get into the shop I can email the forms out to you to print off and then return to us for setting up.  Email barrowrugbyshop@btconnect.com or phone 824454.

Thanks

Jane

• 4 weeks later...

Archived