28-29 Jul: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Nige, top players rested, no injuries at the end. For Toronto this is exactly what they wanted. The result is irrelevant to them. Do you not get that?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Rest? Oh yeah lol ?<span>  

Partytime in Toronto. 9000 Toronto fans and the FEV boys can get blinded on Moosehead now. 

C’mon let’s do the hokey pokey ?

12 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Rest? Oh yeah lol ? 

Yes, Toronto was sitting out almost a third of their starting lineup today in Wallace, O’Brien, Stanley and Paterson. You’d have to go all the way back to week 9 to find a game that one of those players didn’t score a try and they’ve contributed 2+ tries in all the following games through week 22 except one (week 12, which was a game where only Wallace was playing of the four). Toronto sat out a ton of offence for today’s match.

Featherstone absolutely played a stellar game, but let’s not pretend that Toronto was fielding their best team today.

1 minute ago, Raz said:

Yes, Toronto was sitting out almost a third of their starting lineup today in Wallace, O’Brien, Stanley and Paterson. You’d have to go all the way back to week 9 to find a game that one of those players didn’t score a try and they’ve contributed 2+ tries in all the following games through week 22 except one (week 12). Toronto sat out a ton of offense for today’s match.

Featherstone absolutely played a stellar game, but let’s not pretend that Toronto was fielding their best team today.

Sure. That’s the reality.  

What now ?   

4 minutes ago, Raz said:

Yes, Toronto was sitting out almost a third of their starting lineup today in Wallace, O’Brien, Stanley and Paterson. You’d have to go all the way back to week 9 to find a game that one of those players didn’t score a try and they’ve contributed 2+ tries in all the following games through week 22 except one (week 12). Toronto sat out a ton of offence for today’s match.

You can only beat what's in front of you.

Foolish to rest so many IMHO big danger of losing momentum.

5 minutes ago, Raz said:

Yes, Toronto was sitting out almost a third of their starting lineup today in Wallace, O’Brien, Stanley and Paterson. You’d have to go all the way back to week 9 to find a game that one of those players didn’t score a try and they’ve contributed 2+ tries in all the following games through week 22 except one (week 12). Toronto sat out a ton of offence for today’s match.

And Rovers were playing their best team, you my friend are a comic  ? 

1 minute ago, David Shepherd said:

Yep, all Paul Rowleys fault.

Nothing to do with the bad signings, poor coach and meddling owner then?

Let’s not get carried away.  Fax and London could loose.

11 minutes ago, TMF said:

Nige, top players rested, no injuries at the end. For Toronto this is exactly what they wanted. The result is irrelevant to them. Do you not get that?

Don't forget that Fev were missing both starting half backs, a star second rower and Gaz Hock.

Not to mention only having 3 interchanges.

A weakened full time outfit should be beating a weakened part time team.

5 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

And Rovers were playing their best team, you my friend are a comic  ? 

It seems like it’d be foolish for them not to field the best team available to them in a must-win game. Were they intentionally sitting people out or are you talking about injuries? That’s a different situation than what I’m talking about regarding Toronto’s line-up today.

Anyway, I feel like my entire second paragraph commending Fev’s effort is being overlooked in my post, so I’ll just leave it as this: I guess we’ll see what happens in any potential middle 8 game between Toronto and Featherstone. No excuses to be had for either team after that one since they’ll both be playing the best teams available to them.

5 minutes ago, Raz said:

It seems like it’d be foolish for them not to field the best team available to them in a must-win game. We’re they intentionally sitting people out or are you talking about injuries? That’s a different situation than what I’m talking about regarding Toronto’s line-up today.

Anyway, I feel like my entire second paragraph commending Fev’s effort is being overlooked in my post, so I’ll just leave it as this: I guess we’ll see what happens in any potential middle 8 game between Toronto and Featherstone. No excuses to be had for either team after that one since they’ll both be playing the best teams available to them.

Fev are part time, injury hit to our best 3 players have to travel a fair distance and are playing the best SQUAD in the championship, take nothing away from Fev, you can say what you want, FIRST team to win in Toronto! 

24 minutes ago, TMF said:

They will have to deal with players getting injured when they come up against the SL side .Lets hope they all had their eyes on the games coming otherwise the dream could be lost for another year 

28 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

You still want some of that stuff I am smoking? It's called faith and optimism!

Fair play, many apologies. Fev were awesome today, I really enjoyed the game.

Just got back from the game. Great atmosphere, the Fev fans were amazing. Their defence was outstanding all game, considering their recent disappointments, it takes real spirit to come out here and put in a team performance like that.

As for the Wolfpack, I have to concur with one of the chants "Super League! You're Haven' a Laugh".  They are going to have to seriously up their game. 

At least the crowd seemed to be having as good a time as if we were winning by 60 points.

7 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

I don't know which is worse lol ? 

Have you seen the size of the seagulls at Barrow.  They drop dollops of sh*t the size of cannonballs all over the pitch.

That and the pouring rain and pitch ankle deep in mud. 

6 minutes ago, ojx said:
  31 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

You still want some of that stuff I am smoking? It's called faith and optimism!

A little bit of that stuff and you won’t notice what happens. 

Seriously, London have to have 44 clear points.

any predictions on the scorelune. It’s gonna be hell at Barrow tomorrow .

Archived