28-29 Jul: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowman, the seagulls train twice a week at Crazy Park. Why do you think we have such a good home record?

57 minutes ago, TMF said:

Snowman, the seagulls train twice a week at Crazy Park. Why do you think we have such a good home record?

Lol ? you got a good point there.  Even TWP could only manage an 8-8 draw with you at your place. 

Some seriously bad reffing at Toulouse today. Nick Bennett hasn't reffed at this level before apparently and it was obvious to see if indeed true.

Why are inexperienced refs sent to officiate at important games ?  Little things like not stopping the clock when the pressure was on him which could well have meant another five to ten minutes playing time. He lost the plot  a few times and clearly wasn't up to the task.

Shaky from Toulouse but credit to Ned Kelly who outcoached Houles for an hour of the game. Chris Centrone gets better with every game and Boyer slotted in well at 13. Stan Robin should be back for the next game.

TWP players did not look like they were trying enough. This is worrying as while the game did not matter to them per se, given they are looking to turn over SL teams they will need some ruthlessness... And guile . Both were lacking as was commitment.. 

Fev. Wow. What a game by them. 

As for TO its great they made the 8s. If they win 2 games that will be decent for them as they still look like they have alot to do to beat SL clubs. 

23 minutes ago, oiseau said:

Some seriously bad reffing at Toulouse today. Nick Bennett hasn't reffed at this level before apparently and it was obvious to see if indeed true.

Why are inexperienced refs sent to officiate at important games ?  Little things like not stopping the clock when the pressure was on him which could well have meant another five to ten minutes playing time. He lost the plot  a few times and clearly wasn't up to the task.

Shaky from Toulouse but credit to Ned Kelly who outcoached Houles for an hour of the game. Chris Centrone gets better with every game and Boyer slotted in well at 13. Stan Robin should be back for the next game.

Hi questions on squad.

Bentley and maugerite just being overlooked ? 

23 minutes ago, oiseau said:

I guess those missing points may count.

How do you rate Toulouse in the Qualifiers if they have 4 home games, or if they don’t, depend on on Barrow v London ? 

Just home from the Wolfpack / Featherstone match.

Feathersone definitely up for it. Some massive bone crushing tackles on both sides in the first half. 
Even with 8200 people you could hear some of them from the stands.

Congrats on the win the Featherstone. You deserved it.

And congrats to the Wolfpack for bringing in a legit 8k fans. West side was very full, and east, more than normal.

2 hours ago, Raz said:

They’re not injured, they were intentionally rested. That’s my entire point.

We also had some players that could do with a match before the 8s as they've been out for injury or personal reasons. Makes sense to get them some time in before that starts up.

Not an excuse by any means, Fev came to prove they deserve a top 4 spot and didn't give up much of anything. I think some Toronto fans needed the jolt of a loss to calm the egos they were developing. Some were getting a little too high on their horses, even for me. Disappointed we lost our undefeated at home record but I knew it wouldn't last thru the 8s. Would have been nice to say "undefeated at home in the regular season" until next season, anyway. Great job from Fev!

3 hours ago, TMF said:

Nige, top players rested, no injuries at the end. For Toronto this is exactly what they wanted. The result is irrelevant to them. Do you not get that?

No matter who was missing the organisation of the team was shambolic. You will need much more than individual sparkle to overcome the organisation of SL teams. There may be a few tears shed in Canada in September. 

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Was at the game. Great atmosphere and great game (even if I’m biased). Toronto fans were good, really respectful and interested to learn about the game and gracious in defeat.

Toronto may have rested a couple but a 16 man Fev team without Ridyard, Holmes, Hock and Knowles were as good as I’ve seen them since Darryl Powell. Talking to a couple of Wolfpack players and they said they weren’t at it and were outplayed.

credit Fev let’s not make excuses. I hope Wolfpack go up and I hope the Fev fans who went changed their opinion of the Wolfpack set up. Good day for RL - tradition and expansion having a good go and coming out smiling.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

10 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

No matter who was missing the organisation of the team was shambolic. You will need much more than individual sparkle to overcome the organisation of SL teams. There may be a few tears shed in Canada in September. 

Just finished watching it, Toronto couldn't live with Fev's line speed and their defence was excellent.

4 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Was at the game. Great atmosphere and great game (even if I’m biased). Toronto fans were good, really respectful and interested to learn about the game and gracious in defeat.

Toronto may have rested a couple but a 16 man Fev team without Ridyard, Holmes, Hock and Knowles were as good as I’ve seen them since Darryl Powell. Talking to a couple of Wolfpack players and they said they weren’t at it and were outplayed.

credit Fev let’s not make excuses. I hope Wolfpack go up and I hope the Fev fans who went changed their opinion of the Wolfpack set up. Good day for RL - tradition and expansion having a good go and coming out smiling.

Yes I noticed more where actually watching the game. Possibly that was down to the fact they where losing.

46 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

TWP players did not look like they were trying enough. This is worrying as while the game did not matter to them per se, given they are looking to turn over SL teams they will need some ruthlessness... And guile . Both were lacking as was commitment.. 

As for TO its great they made the 8s. If they win 2 games that will be decent for them as they still look like they have alot to do to beat SL clubs. 

They are knackered..Tired bodies,players carrying knocks. The Rowley way.

8 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

Not sure it was that they weren't trying. They looked knackered to me. Blowing out of their backsides early in the first half.

10 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Not sure it was that they weren't trying. They looked knackered to me. Blowing out of their backsides early in the first half.

Fair enough. If that's the case, they arent fit enough, some of em. Maybe they have been celebrating a bit too much of late? 

Being in Toronto as the players don't live there could easily become a bit of a jolly. 

16 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Just need Barrow to beat London, or Rochdale to beat The Dingles and Fev's season will be looking dramatically different.

Wouldn’t that be interesting.  Who would have thought Fev would throw a potential spanner in the works for London or Fax.

It could make Leigh look like a rabbit jumping out of a hat as well.   This season has been, how should I say,  CRAZY. 

With Virgin Media having lost the UKTV channels Premier Sports has been added as a free replacement so I got to see a TWP home game for the first time.

I enjoyed the game but the constant adverts along the bottom of the screen got on my nerves.

I imagine for those there in person the fact that the bloke on the PA didn't shut up for the whole 80 minutes must be irritating.

Finally, I'm not sure why Fev turned up with white shirts thereby causing a colour clash.

33 minutes ago, bobdeegan said:

With Virgin Media having lost the UKTV channels Premier Sports has been added as a free replacement so I got to see a TWP home game for the first time.

I enjoyed the game but the constant adverts along the bottom of the screen got on my nerves.

I imagine for those there in person the fact that the bloke on the PA didn't shut up for the whole 80 minutes must be irritating.

Finally, I'm not sure why Fev turned up with white shirts thereby causing a colour clash.

I found it annoying too. I wonder if Canadian sports fans are more used to a PA during games? 

Agree about the shirts too. Did not look great on TV. 

1 hour ago, bobdeegan said:

The graphics and ads aren't great but Premier Sports have very low production values.

Dosnt someone at the RFL assign what strip teams use each week? I was struggling to make out who was who in open play.

14 hours ago, SL17 said:

Just finished watching it, Toronto couldn't live with Fev's line speed and their defence was excellent.

"line speed" - the ref was letting them go offside on almost every play. Regardless, Fev were by far the better team and thoroughly deserved their win.

I agree about the kits, it was hard to tell them apart. Fev should have worn their alternate dark blue shirt. 

Archived