2019 Squad

marklaspalmas

4 hours ago, Gareth hock said:

WIth Leigh selling all there best players I would take Jordan Thompson Jamie Acton and Ben Reynolds obviously it depends on funds .

You criticise your team for indiscipline,and then want to sign Acton!!!!

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Sorry,I didn't mean you personally,but Fev fans in general.

No one else has suggested Acton just me . Acton like hock is the type of player I like hate them when there playing against us but when there one of your own I love them getting stuck in and under players skin.

11 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

But I thought none of them were good enough.......:no:

I thought it were the other way around according to your fans. To be honest you could interchange a lot of the players but realistically for me the players I would want we probably can't afford and as for the others as long as we hang on to most of our squd we should perservere with our reserve players.

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Go on.... don't be shy...... you know youbwant to...

When he signed for Widnes I thought it must be a different player. He did show potential at Fax but not sure he was applying himself the right way and it seems not much has changed.

Just a minor point to add to Mark's squad list at the top. According to Gav Wilson Danny Maskill is still on a week-to-week loan spell with York and thus officially still our player, but the fact that we haven't bothered recalling him even when barely able to raise a team suggests his time here is done; judging on his appearances for York (1 since May I think) he can't get into their team either.

8 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Just a minor point to add to Mark's squad list at the top. According to Gav Wilson Danny Maskill is still on a week-to-week loan spell with York and thus officially still our player, but the fact that we haven't bothered recalling him even when barely able to raise a team suggests his time here is done; judging on his appearances for York (1 since May I think) he can't get into their team either.

Still, if we can't raise 17 players, is he not better than a gap on the team sheet? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

22 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Point taken. 

How should we count LB? He's left us for good?

15 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Still, if we can't raise 17 players, is he not better than a gap on the team sheet? 

Fair point, though we don't know what the agreement has been with the player, he went to York in May and presumably hasn't trained with us since, and if we basically gave him the message that he didn't figure in our plans at that stage, perhaps it's a bit much to suddenly expect him to come back and play his heart out for us just because we are scraping the barrel.

2 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Point taken. 

How should we count LB? He's left us for good?

Difficult one. Officially still under contract to us for next year isn't he? But I don't think any of us are expecting him to be here, and the fact that he played for Leeds against Widnes and not for us in a huge game v London confirmed that Leeds, currently at least, pull the strings with him. I only mentioned the Maskill one btw because I was surprised to realise he was still officially our player.

Hankinson going from Swinton to Wigan then showing up well on telly proves there are quality players below SL and the top 6 in the Championship, but it's a matter of spotting them. Duffy will be able to have a good look at them in the eights, and there will be some real bargains.

As for Dual Reg, I think Rhinos are in the qualifiers because their reserves are not good enough, as many on here can testify. Maybe their wages structure is to pay automatic choices a premium and leave very little for the rest, then make it up with players from their academy who are exempt from the salary cap? If Sinfield makes a decision to strengthen the squad depth then it might be worth continuing with them, but otherwise no. The situation with Lilley was a slap in the face when Fev needed him, but I have a feeling he was offered earlier in the season but couldn't get a game ahead of Ridyard & Holmes?

24 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Hankinson going from Swinton to Wigan then showing up well on telly proves there are quality players below SL and the top 6 in the Championship, but it's a matter of spotting them. Duffy will be able to have a good look at them in the eights, and there will be some real bargains.

Agree  but as the Hankinson deal shows SL clubs seem to be more clued up about players in Championship and even League 1 these days so it's not easy. Joe Batchelor of York signed for St Helens, Wigan apparently after Barrow's Joe Bullock...the lack of quality players across all leagues at the moment seems to have sharpened everyone's radars.

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Agree  but as the Hankinson deal shows SL cubs seem to be more clued up about players in Championship and even League 1 these days so it's not easy. Joe Batchelor of York signed for St Helens, Wigan apparently after Barrow's Joe Bullock...the lack of quality players across all leagues at the moment seems to have sharpened everyone's radars.

No doubt these clubs have a proper scouting system in place. 

23 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

As for Dual Reg, I think Rhinos are in the qualifiers because their reserves are not good enough, as many on here can testify. Maybe their wages structure is to pay automatic choices a premium and leave very little for the rest, then make it up with players from their academy who are exempt from the salary cap? If Sinfield makes a decision to strengthen the squad depth then it might be worth continuing with them, but otherwise no. The situation with Lilley was a slap in the face when Fev needed him, but I have a feeling he was offered earlier in the season but couldn't get a game ahead of Ridyard & Holmes?

Your assessment of the Lilley situation is what I assumed too.
Think Leeds have struggled for 3 or 4 reasons...a lot of their stars retiring/getting old at the same time; a remarkable run of injuries; some uninspiring recruitment; and a crop of very promising youngsters that have largely so far turned out to be SL squad depth/Championship level rather than SL starting quality.

2 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

No doubt these clubs have a proper scouting system in place. 

Yes, I'd think St Helens and Wigan might have a proper scouting system in place!

Aside of a couple of blips (the Batley signing spree when Bastian arrived comes to mind) and a slight tendency to perhaps overrate players who played well against us, I think we have generally done a good job of identifying and signing the better players from other Championship clubs over the years.

22 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yes, I'd think St Helens and Wigan might have a proper scouting system in place!

Aside of a couple of blips (the Batley signing spree when Bastian arrived comes to mind) and a slight tendency to perhaps overrate players who played well against us, I think we have generally done a good job of identifying and signing the better players from other Championship clubs over the years.

Duffy did ok with limited money at Swinton, so hopefully he can pick up some bargains for us next season. 

2 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Rumour has it that they're the lowest payers of the 'big' SL clubs - at least as far as contract money goes, but with a generous bonus system. With Lilley, I think that one of the reasons he's gone to Bradford is to get him regular game time for an extended period, something he was unlikely to be guaranteed with us.

Archived